Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Kick me! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Kick me! (/Thread-Kick-me)

Pages: 1 2

Kick me! - SouthernStripes - 08-21-2018

While I see there is a thread already discussing this, I would like to see a poll taken of Bengals Nation. Yes, Marvin has publicly stated there is no kicking competition. Historically, we know these guys prefer veterans. But we are already seeing some old trends bucked this year.
We do know what we have with Bullock, but will we ever look to securing the future of this position? I was on the keep Elliott team last year. The talent is clearly there and I know we only have a small sampling of what Brown can do. Go with the veteran Bullock? How long would Brown last on the practice squad when a team inevitably needs a kicker?

So Bengals Nation, who do you move forward with?

Not who you think Marvin picks.
Who do YOU think should get the job?
*EDIT* -  I should have included this in my original post. If Brown finishes the preseason strong, i.e. makes EPs, FGs, deep KOs, would you go with him over Bullock?

VOTE!

Tiger  WhoDey2

RE: Kick me! - McC - 08-21-2018

(08-21-2018, 10:35 AM)SouthernStripes Wrote: While I see there is a thread already discussing this, I would like to see a poll taken of Bengals Nation. Yes, Marvin has publicly stated there is no kicking competition. Historically, we know these guys prefer veterans. But we are already seeing some old trends bucked this year. We do know what we have with Bullock, but will we ever look to securing the future of this position? I was on the keep Elliott team last year. The talent is clearly there and I know we only have a small sampling of what Brown can do. Go with the veteran Bullock? How long would Brown last on the practice squad when a team inevitably needs a kicker?
So Bengals Nation, who do you move forward with?
VOTE!

Tiger  WhoDey2

Thunder Thighs all the way.

RE: Kick me! - Nicomo Cosca - 08-21-2018

I want Brown but I’m sure it’ll be Bullock.

RE: Kick me! - Bengalitis - 08-21-2018

Brown seems to have the leg power.. hopefully they can determine if he'll have the accuracy and most important, be able to deal with the pressure.

RE: Kick me! - Tiger Teeth - 08-21-2018

I say go with Brown. But like everyone else so far, I'm sure they'll go with Buttocks. Marvin already said there's no kicker competition.

RE: Kick me! - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-21-2018

I'd like to see the kid kick some more, but man......that 55 yarder was NAILED.  Straight down the middle, and good from at least 60.

RE: Kick me! - bengalfan74 - 08-21-2018

We have such an extremely small sample of Brown right now I'd keep Fat Randy.

But man Brown shows potential. PS maybe ?

RE: Kick me! - Millhouse - 08-21-2018

I voted John Brown because if the Bengals ever have to play in a soccer charity game, he will come in handy.

RE: Kick me! - SunsetBengal - 08-21-2018

I'd like to see some more FG attempts from Brown. Different angles, in a "clutch" situation, etc. But as for that leg? Dude can boom the ball!

RE: Kick me! - Synric - 08-21-2018

I don't care what the kickers name is...

All I want to hear is "The extra point is Good."

RE: Kick me! - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-21-2018

(08-21-2018, 11:01 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We have such an extremely small sample of Brown right now I'd keep Fat Randy.

But man Brown shows potential. PS maybe ?

Yeah, had to vote for Fat Randy. Jon Brown has only kicked like what? 3 times in NFL games and i still don't know
how the dude is with Extra Points, sure they sound easy but sometimes long ballers miss the easy ones.

Need to see more of Brown to honestly judge, just hoping we don't need to kick that many FG's this year and much
more extra points.

RE: Kick me! - leonardfan40 - 08-21-2018

(08-21-2018, 11:18 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, had to vote for Fat Randy. Jon Brown has only kicked like what? 3 times in NFL games and i still don't know
how the dude is with Extra Points, sure they sound easy but sometimes long ballers miss the easy ones.

Need to see more of Brown to honestly judge, just hoping we don't need to kick that many FG's this year and much
more extra points.

Beat me to it. I love the potential with Brown, but right now I’d take the known with Bullock. He’d be on a short leash to start the season if Brown finishes out the preseason strong and doesn’t get picked up by anyone else. Just haven’t seen enough of him and don’t hate bullock yet.

RE: Kick me! - masharsh - 08-21-2018

I will go with Brown. Pretty sure Bullock will be available if Brown turns out unreliable.

RE: Kick me! - Nately120 - 08-21-2018

4 other NFL teams have cut Randy Bullock before. How many of them look back and say "Gee, we woulda had a chance if only we'd have kept Bullock." Honest question, maybe other teams do regret it.

Anyways, keep the guy who wins the competition...we've done that every time before.

RE: Kick me! - SouthernStripes - 08-21-2018

(08-21-2018, 11:33 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Beat me to it. I love the potential with Brown, but right now I’d take the known with Bullock. He’d be on a short leash to start the season if Brown finishes out the preseason strong and doesn’t get picked up by anyone else. Just haven’t seen enough of him and don’t hate bullock yet.
Great point. 
I should have included this in my original post. If Brown finishes the preseason strong, i.e. makes EPs, FGs, deep KOs, would you go with him over Bullock?

RE: Kick me! - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-21-2018

(08-21-2018, 11:42 AM)SouthernStripes Wrote: Great point. 
I should have included this in my original post. If Brown finishes the preseason strong, i.e. makes EPs, FGs, deep KOs, would you go with him over Bullock?

I would go with Brown if this is the case. Maybe Brown is making EP's all the time in practice, i don't know.

We know he can hit it from deep anytime and he is much more talented than Fat Randy. Plus if Brown sucks it up
we could probably always pick up Fat Randy afterwards or Kai Forbath who the Vikings cut.

RE: Kick me! - SouthernStripes - 08-21-2018

(08-21-2018, 11:37 AM)masharsh Wrote: I will go with Brown. Pretty sure Bullock will be available if Brown turns out unreliable.

Another great point and factor that should play into the decision making. If you go with Brown, would Bullock or someone of similar experience be available should the need arise? What does the FA kicker pool currently look like?

RE: Kick me! - Nately120 - 08-21-2018

(08-21-2018, 11:48 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would go with Brown if this is the case. Maybe Brown is making EP's all the time in practice, i don't know.

We know he can hit it from deep anytime and he is much more talented than Fat Randy. Plus if Brown sucks it up
we could probably always pick up Fat Randy afterwards or Kai Forbath who the Vikings cut.

That's my take.  I'm not saying Bullock is trash and we could replace him with anyone, but I don't see him as being good enough to keep instead of taking a chance on someone younger who may very well be better than him for longer AND possibly beat him in a competition.  Basically, Bullock doesn't seem worthy of being the super safe pick, here.

I could be wrong.

RE: Kick me! - Millhouse - 08-21-2018

Make no mistake Bullock has been very good for the Bengals. And kickers are different. Some get better over the years, some just fall apart. If Bullock is in the getting better group, then we have him at the right time. But he still can't play soccer unless you plug him at goalie, in which case we have Eifert for.

RE: Kick me! - sandwedge - 08-21-2018

(08-21-2018, 11:18 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, had to vote for Fat Randy. Jon Brown has only kicked like what? 3 times in NFL games and i still don't know

more extra points.

In one of Haircuts articles, Brown did say he needed to work on the shorter kicks, they were harder than the longer ones, for him. I think we set sail with Bullock and if he starts to fall apart, give Brown a call to come kick.