Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
(Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2018 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2018-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** (/Thread-Preseason-Week-3-Bengals-Bills-GameDay-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - bfine32 - 08-26-2018

I had high hopes for Redmond at RG, but he just blew chunks. Not only the penalties, but terrible in run blocking and he was the one on his ass on the Ross TD.

Also for as much as we love Boling; his run blocking is garbage, always has been. I thrust Pollack will get it figured out, but damn.

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - George Cantstandya - 08-26-2018

(08-26-2018, 06:40 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Take out the 11 yard or whatever run by Gio and we might be averaging one yard per carry, it's awful and it's not just Mixon !

Yep just looked at stats again 10 runs for 10 yards total so they lost some yards on runs as well.

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - bengalfan74 - 08-26-2018

(08-26-2018, 06:38 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Who started at Right Guard and right tackle for the Cincinnati Bengals

Redmond started at RG I believe Hart at RT. Redmond got jerked after his two penalties in 45 seconds.

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 08-26-2018

(08-26-2018, 06:40 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Take out the 11 yard or whatever run by Gio and we might be averaging one yard per carry, it's awful and it's not just Mixon !

True, I too wanted more from the run game. But, maybe Bills defense was schemed to stop the run and not the pass. We passed at will.

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - Goalpost - 08-26-2018

Passing game looked good. AJ remains a stud. But at some point having a run game matters and we don't have one.

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 08-26-2018

(08-26-2018, 03:47 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Looking forward to this.

Well he started, he flopped and time for next guy up while he goes back and keeps trying to get better. It was very bad for an OL that dominated other than him in pass blocking.

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - Joelist - 08-26-2018

I hope that the coaches are taking a long, hard look at the running plays and seeing why they are failing and looking at ways to adjust.

(08-26-2018, 06:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Spoke too soon. Ogbuehi starts giving up pressure.

I thought Ced. played his best half of the year, one of the few who actually blocked during runs and maybe 1 QB pressure and no sacks.

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - Bengalitis - 08-26-2018

(08-26-2018, 06:41 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Redmond started at RG I believe Hart at RT. Redmond got jerked after his two penalties in 45 seconds.

He's just nervous, he needs more reps. He's the nervy type.

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - bengalfan74 - 08-26-2018

(08-26-2018, 06:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I had high hopes for Redmond at RG, but he just blew chunks. Not only the penalties, but terrible in run blocking and he was the one on his ass on the Ross TD.

Also for as much as we love Boling; his run blocking is garbage, always has been. I thrust Pollack will get it figured out, but damn.

Basically speaking the entire line's run blocking is garbage ! It almost seems we're telegraphing our run plays or somein ? There's serious penetration on like 4 out of 5 run plays and it goes across the line with different positions. It's not just one linemen sucking it's a team effort.

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - bfine32 - 08-26-2018

Let's try Billings at RG

(08-26-2018, 06:45 PM)Joelist Wrote: I hope that the coaches are taking a long, hard look at the running plays and seeing why they are failing and looking at ways to adjust.

I am not making excuses, but they sure seemed to have a ton of guys in the box to stop the run, but made them prone to getting beat to death in passing game which happened.

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - Goalpost - 08-26-2018

Josh Allen got Klinger'd that half

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - Sled21 - 08-26-2018

Didn't post much in the 1st half, as I'm watching close, but Dayum our Dline is ferocious, and Billings is a monster. Can't believe he didn't get flagged on that 1st sac, but can't wait till he gets his hands on rberger….

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - psychdoctor - 08-26-2018

Does anyone know how serious Glen's injury is?

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 08-26-2018

(08-26-2018, 06:27 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Here's some bad news.

PFT is reporting that the Rams offer to Aaron Donald is around $22m per year with $80m in guarantees.

If he signs a deal like that, we might not have Geno for long...

We’ll get him re-signed. If it means losing Dunlap so be it.

-1 run to start 2nd half

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - CincyKid - 08-26-2018

Buff was playin 7 in the box most of the first half..........that's OK w/ me.........Andy & Co did just fine

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - psychdoctor - 08-26-2018

Walton has not looked good the entire preseason

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - Fan_in_Kettering - 08-26-2018

(08-26-2018, 06:47 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Basically speaking the entire line's run blocking is garbage ! It almost seems we're telegraphing our run plays or somein ? There's serious penetration on like 4 out of 5 run plays and it goes across the line with different positions. It's not just one linemen sucking it's a team effort.

Billy Price and, believe it or not, Cedric Ogbuehi, are run blocking well today. The right side of the line is very weak though.