Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
(Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2018 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2018-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** (/Thread-Preseason-Week-3-Bengals-Bills-GameDay-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - CincyKid - 08-26-2018

(08-26-2018, 06:58 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Not to be a totally negative person given this is the preseason but that sounds like a recipe for disaster.  Teams scouting the Bengals, just stack the box and force Andy to beat you in the passing game.  Welcome to another 8-8 or worse season.  If the Bengals can't get the running game going then they are screwed.

If you give Andy a little protection he will find the open man.........we can run the NE offense and pass first

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - PlayadLc - 08-26-2018

It’s cute most of the Bills starters are moving the ball against all of our backups.

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - SunsetBengal - 08-26-2018

2nd team run defense no better than the starters. Thank goodness for the block in the back penalty.

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - grampahol - 08-26-2018

Lost count of the missed tackles there.. 

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - jfkbengals - 08-26-2018

(08-26-2018, 07:03 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: It’s cute most of the Bills starters are moving the ball against all of our backups.

It's good experience for our 2s and 3s to be going against 1s and 2s. :andy:

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - jfkbengals - 08-26-2018

I have to say, I didn't realize before how big Malik Jefferson really is.

Somehow in my mind I felt he was smaller.

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - CincyKid - 08-26-2018

our rookie CB is a stud returner but a scud cover man

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - bengalfan74 - 08-26-2018

(08-26-2018, 07:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I call Marvin dumb for lots of reasons.

We had so many more pressing needs than a depth chart RB. Period.

Yep,

A RG or RT would have been good there.

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - psychdoctor - 08-26-2018

Why has Westerman not started at Right Guard

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - George Cantstandya - 08-26-2018

(08-26-2018, 07:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: How is it working out today for Bill? I remember the Pats starting a game against the Steelers years ago, I know AD is not Brady, but they threw 30 straight passes on way to routing the almighty great Steeler defense.

Well the Bills are not exactly regular playoff contenders or even that good.  And yes Dalton is very much not Brady not even close.  I'm just saying if the Bengals can't figure out the run game they are going to have a very hard time.  We can't put every game on Andy's shoulders. There is one caveat though and that is if the defense is just amazing and shuts other teams down. Brady has often carried his team to wins, Andy not so much.   Just being realistic.  

(08-26-2018, 07:08 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Why has Westerman not started at Right Guard

Because they have had him playing left guard.

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 08-26-2018

Russell missed tackle for their TD and host of missed tackles on their 1st team against our 2nd team

(08-26-2018, 07:08 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Well the Bills are not exactly regular playoff contenders or even that good.  And yes Dalton is very much not Brady not even close.  I'm just saying if the Bengals can't figure out the run game they are going to have a very hard time.  We can't put every game on Andy's shoulders. Brady has regularly carried teams to wins, Andy not so much.  There is one caveat though and that is if the defense is just amazing and shuts other teams down. Just being realistic.  

The one season that Andy was given the type of line Brady has always been accustomed to, he did the same.

Give Andy room to operate, and he can force defenses to play the pass first and open up the run.

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - grampahol - 08-26-2018

Little kid there must have thought the Bills just won the super bowl.. lol

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 08-26-2018

(08-26-2018, 07:08 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Well the Bills are not exactly regular playoff contenders or even that good.  And yes Dalton is very much not Brady not even close.  I'm just saying if the Bengals can't figure out the run game they are going to have a very hard time.  We can't put every game on Andy's shoulders. There is one caveat though and that is if the defense is just amazing and shuts other teams down. Brady has often carried his team to wins, Andy not so much.   Just being realistic.  

In 2015 AD was 1 of the best QB in the NFL until he got hurt. I understand what you are saying, but you are dismissing what I am saying. If a team overly schemes against us to stop the run, or OL protects like they did today, a health Green, Boyd, Ross and Mixon, I wish them luck stopping our passing game leaving receivers one on one all over the field.

Carson>Walton

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - HarleyDog - 08-26-2018

Nice run by Carson.

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - psychdoctor - 08-26-2018

How do you not keep Carson?

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Bills - GameDay Thread*** - bengalfan74 - 08-26-2018

(08-26-2018, 07:08 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Well the Bills are not exactly regular playoff contenders or even that good.  And yes Dalton is very much not Brady not even close.  I'm just saying if the Bengals can't figure out the run game they are going to have a very hard time.  We can't put every game on Andy's shoulders. There is one caveat though and that is if the defense is just amazing and shuts other teams down. Brady has often carried his team to wins, Andy not so much.   Just being realistic.  

Yup,

Our complete lack of any run game is very concerning ! There will be games we can win with a crap run game but there will be many times it will bite us in the butt big time.

Looks like Ross got hurt on that tackle