Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
On To Atlanta - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: On To Atlanta (/Thread-On-To-Atlanta)

Pages: 1 2

On To Atlanta - thillan - 09-24-2018

Lots of upsets happened in the NFL yesterday, and our loss was far from the worst. I was pretty happy with how we fought throughout, and I mentioned before that I thought going 1-1 against these two strong NFC teams would be good for us. We didn't have 3 massive playmakers out there, and they had to fight for that game. Basically, I still think we are a good team.

Atlanta has already lost it's two BEST defenders for the year. They have weapons on offense, and we are definitely the underdog. But I think we can play them. A lot will hang on Dre K being able to stick with Calvin Ridley, and obviously WJ3 playing well against Julio. Their running isn't exotic by any means like Carolina, so I don't think our run D will be so bad in this game.

Linebackers will need to bounce back.. things don't get much easier here. Atlanta tears teams apart by big plays in the middle. Going to have to watch out for Austin Hooper and those medium to deep crossing routes. Jesse Bates and Williams is going to get his opportunities for a pick or two. Make a few plays, and the game swings big time.

Our offense can move the ball on them. I'm not worried about that. Their defense is FAST though, so I know he seems to be enemy #1 right now, but Ross HAS to have an impact IMO. AJ Green, Boyd, and Gio are going to have a tough time getting many YAC (or running yards in Gio's case).

I do think we NEED to beat this team. We can beat Miami and Pittsburgh, but the Chiefs are going to light us up like a Christmas tree. That's the only game I see on the schedule that I believe we have nearly no chance. But more importantly, a win here shows that we can beat good teams without a few big playmakers. Would make me feel comfortable about our future.

RE: On To Atlanta - bengalfan74 - 09-24-2018

The Vikings got beat by the Bills and NE got beat by the Lions. I doubt if either team (Bills/Lions) go over .500 this season and we lost to a team that most likely will be over .500 on the road and we were in it the entire game despite a putrid run D and the turnovers.

Only the haters/whiners are crying a river.

I've said all along this team is probably a year away still. Need help at LB and Oline still. But I think we'll be competitive this season.

There's no need to freak out Panic

RE: On To Atlanta - Sweetness - 09-24-2018

If we told everyone at the beginning of the season we would be 2-2 through the first 4 games without Burfict or Brown and 3 of them being on the road, pretty much everyone on here would have taken it. That's what I expect us to be by this time next week and that's okay because I expect this team to get better as the year goes on.

There have been alot of changes this off season and we've only had 3 games to get things together. 

RE: On To Atlanta - bengalfan74 - 09-24-2018

(09-24-2018, 11:41 AM)Sweetness Wrote: If we told everyone at the beginning of the season we would be 2-2 through the first 4 games without Burfict or Brown and 3 of them being on the road, pretty much everyone on here would have taken it. That's what I expect us to be by this time next week and that's okay because I expect this team to get better as the year goes on.

There have been alot of changes this off season and we've only had 3 games to get things together. 

I'm hoping we can pull a rabbit out of our hat at Atlanta. I think we match up better with them.

RE: On To Atlanta - Lionel Hutz - 09-24-2018

Atlanta is really banged up on defense. Their 2 starting safeties are out for the year along with a starting linebacker. Probably a big part of why New Orleans just dropped 43 pts on them. Hoping for a bounce-back game from the Bengals' defense b/c I think the offense will move the ball against Atlanta. If Bengals win turnover battle (or just stay even), I think they're right in this game.

(09-24-2018, 12:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm hoping we can pull a rabbit out of our hat at Atlanta. I think we match up better with them.

Has there been any word on AJ? I don't see us having much of a chance without him in what will most likely be a shootout. 

RE: On To Atlanta - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-24-2018

(09-24-2018, 12:16 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Has there been any word on AJ? I don't see us having much of a chance without him in what will most likely be a shootout. 

He said he expects to be good by Sunday was the last I read......

RE: On To Atlanta - sandwedge - 09-24-2018

(09-24-2018, 11:41 AM)Sweetness Wrote: If we told everyone at the beginning of the season we would be 2-2 through the first 4 games without Burfict or Brown and 3 of them being on the road, pretty much everyone on here would have taken it. That's what I expect us to be by this time next week and that's okay because I expect this team to get better as the year goes on.

Pretty spot on. Atlanta will be tough, but who knows, we could pull the upset. Not sure how we are going to defend all those WRs though.

RE: On To Atlanta - Atomic Orange - 09-24-2018

All time results:
Cincinnati Bengals lead series 8-5-0

Last win in Atlanta: 1987

RE: On To Atlanta - thillan - 09-24-2018

Yep Atlanta has lost 3 key starters for the year. They aren’t unbeatable by any means, and I’m expecting a good game.

They do have EXCELLENT coaching though, minus red zone offense.

RE: On To Atlanta - jj22 - 09-24-2018

Gulp. We are going to have to score 50 to beat them. There won't be any D in this game.

RE: On To Atlanta - magikod - 09-24-2018

then we play miami week 5 who is looking good, 3-0 so far.

RE: On To Atlanta - Go Cards - 09-24-2018

Atlanta's defense is not nearly as stout as Carolina's.

Bengals will do fine and bounce back strong.

RE: On To Atlanta - impactplaya - 09-24-2018

Ridley Sanu Jones bother me.
Funchess was wide open all day yesterday.
wish we never left PacMan go.
very smart CB who was rarely in the wrong position on the fiekd

(09-24-2018, 03:47 PM)magikod Wrote: then we play miami week 5 who is looking good, 3-0 so far.

Meh. They remind me of the 2011 Bills. 

RE: On To Atlanta - Joelist - 09-24-2018

I REALLY hope we do not run Ross out there this game. We need trustworthy receivers so use Erickson instead.

RE: On To Atlanta - rfaulk34 - 09-26-2018

(09-24-2018, 11:37 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The Vikings got beat by the Bills and NE got beat by the Lions. I doubt if either team (Bills/Lions) go over .500 this season and we lost to a team that most likely will be over .500 on the road and we were in it the entire game despite a putrid run D and the turnovers.

Only the haters/whiners are crying a river.

I've said all along this team is probably a year away still. Need help at LB and Oline still. But I think we'll be competitive this season.

There's no need to freak out  Panic

RE: On To Atlanta - Bilbo Saggins - 09-26-2018

Yeah, at the end of the day they lost to a good home team right after their area experienced a hurricane.  The sky isn't falling. Some of the players on this team are playing really, really well. I just hope that the defense gets its mojo back soon. The rules changes can't possibly be THAT crippling with all of the headshots and low blows that we've seen on Dalton...right?

RE: On To Atlanta - Nicomo Cosca - 09-26-2018

(09-26-2018, 03:25 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Yeah, at the end of the day they lost to a good home team right after their area experienced a hurricane.  The sky isn't falling. Some of the players on this team are playing really, really well. I just hope that the defense gets is mojo back soon. The rules changes can't possibly be THAT crippling with all of the headshots and low blows that we've seen on Dalton...right?

The new rules certainly don’t have anything to do with giving up 200 yds on the ground. They just simply need to play better.

RE: On To Atlanta - grampahol - 09-26-2018

(09-24-2018, 12:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm hoping we can pull a rabbit out of our hat at Atlanta. I think we match up better with them.
Talking about pulling rabbits out of hats....for your viewing pleasure.....

https://youtu.be/kx3sOqW5zj4