Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Browns cut former first Taylor - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Rival Talk (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Rival-Talk)
+--- Thread: Browns cut former first Taylor (/Thread-Browns-cut-former-first-Taylor)

Pages: 1 2

Browns cut former first Taylor - RoyleRedlegs - 09-01-2015

Browns are cutting former first rounder NT Phil Taylor

RE: Browns cut former first Taylor - Bengal Dude - 09-01-2015

Taylor and the Browns had one of the weirdest relationships since they drafted him.

RE: Browns cut former first Taylor - RoyleRedlegs - 09-01-2015

He's owed a ton of money, so few teams could ideally add him.

But...I'd be tempted...he's still a productive run stopper when healthy

RE: Browns cut former first Taylor - Bengal Dude - 09-01-2015

If we signed Taylor, then we'd have 50% of the players that Cleveland got from Atlanta in their 2011 trade, the other being Little.

RE: Browns cut former first Taylor - SunsetBengal - 09-01-2015

(09-01-2015, 05:21 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He's owed a ton of money, so few teams could ideally add him.

How does that work, with the money, when someone gets cut?

RE: Browns cut former first Taylor - bfine32 - 09-01-2015

(09-01-2015, 05:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How does that work, with the money, when someone gets cut?

They player still get the guaranteed money and they can sign with the highest bidder.

For instance, Trent Richardson is getting money from 2 teams

RE: Browns cut former first Taylor - SunsetBengal - 09-01-2015

(09-01-2015, 06:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They player still get the guaranteed money and they can sign with the highest bidder.

For instance, Trent Richardson is getting money from 2 teams

Ah, likely why Washington would be in bad shape to cut Griffin..

RE: Browns cut former first Taylor - GreenCornBengal - 09-01-2015

(09-01-2015, 05:21 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He's owed a ton of money, so few teams could ideally add him.

I was tempted too but I think he is primarily a 3-4 guy

RE: Browns cut former first Taylor - bfine32 - 09-01-2015

(09-01-2015, 06:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ah, likely why Washington would be in bad shape to cut Griffin..

That's why teams try to trade for anything. If you could trade RGIII for a 7th rounder the team that made the trade would inherit the contract. That is why Indy owes T.Rich instead of Cleveland.

RE: Browns cut former first Taylor - RoyleRedlegs - 09-01-2015

(09-01-2015, 07:04 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I was tempted too but I think he is primarily a 3-4 guy

He'd be limited to run formations and split snaps with Sims. 
If you could sign him to a much lower deal, there'd be no downside to at least trying.

At the cost, he isn't really worth it. 

RE: Browns cut former first Taylor - jason - 09-01-2015

(09-01-2015, 05:42 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If we signed Taylor, then we'd have 50% of the players that Cleveland got from Atlanta in their 2011 trade, the other being Little.
The Browns are the Bizarro Cowboys.  They fleeced Minnesota for Walker, and ended up with the Triplets and a couple of rings.  The Browns passed on Julio and got diddley poo for it.

Really I saw this coming when they drafted Danny Shelton. That dude is gonna be a problem for us for years.

RE: Browns cut former first Taylor - ochocincos - 09-02-2015

Taylor also performed best with the Browns when they were ran a 4-3 defense and he was lined up as the 1T (2011).
He could be that 1T the Bengals have been searching for. At worst, he's exactly as you said, a run stuffer and double team machine when healthy.

I would be ok with giving him a shot considering our starting and backup NTs are to be FAs after this season.

RE: Browns cut former first Taylor - XenoMorph - 09-02-2015

Dude is a monster. Would love him on this DL if healthy.

Was a reason given for the cut or is it cause they drafted that new DT and didnt need him and he asked to be released?

RE: Browns cut former first Taylor - Luvnit2 - 09-02-2015

(09-01-2015, 08:58 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He'd be limited to run formations and split snaps with Sims. 
If you could sign him to a much lower deal, there'd be no downside to at least trying.

At the cost, he isn't really worth it. 

To clarify, he is looking for a new contract once cut. The old team (Browns) owes him any guaranteed money from his old contract.

This player may be a league veteran minimum type player now based on his production so any team signing him would have minimal risk.

As for us, I feel we have a major decision to make with our current DT group so to cut another one of them to take a flier on Taylor would be very risky foe us in my opinion (because we had to cut one of our guys to get him)

RE: Browns cut former first Taylor - XenoMorph - 09-02-2015

(09-02-2015, 11:52 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: To clarify, he is looking for a new contract once cut. The old team (Browns) owes him any guaranteed money from his old contract.

This player may be a league veteran minimum type player now based on his production so any team signing him would have minimal risk.

As for us, I feel we have a major decision to make with our current DT group so to cut another one of them to take a flier on Taylor would be very risky foe us in my opinion (because we had to cut one of our guys to get him)

is he an instant free agent(4 years played) or does he hit waivers? cause if you claim him off waivers you get his current contract too..

Even if we didnt resign him a 1 year rental would be good. but still doubtful as they seem set on keeping peko

RE: Browns cut former first Taylor - Luvnit2 - 09-02-2015

(09-02-2015, 12:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: is he an instant free agent(4 years played) or does he hit waivers? cause if you claim him off waivers you get his current contract too..

Even if we didnt resign him a 1 year rental would be good.   but still doubtful as they seem set on keeping peko

He becomes an instant free agent and does not have to clear waivers is my understanding due to 4 years of experience

RE: Browns cut former first Taylor - Bengal Dude - 09-02-2015

(09-01-2015, 09:23 PM)jason Wrote: The Browns are the Bizarro Cowboys.  They fleeced Minnesota for Walker, and ended up with the Triplets and a couple of rings.  The Browns passed on Julio and got diddley poo for it.

Really I saw this coming when they drafted Danny Shelton.  That dude is gonna be a problem for us for years.

Taylor was on the bubble last year. The Shelton pick was just the nail in the coffin.

RE: Browns cut former first Taylor - XenoMorph - 09-03-2015

(09-02-2015, 04:14 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Taylor was on the bubble last year. The Shelton pick was just the nail in the coffin.

Visiting Pittsburgh.

RE: Browns cut former first Taylor - magikod - 09-08-2015

(09-03-2015, 10:20 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Visiting Pittsburgh.

wonderful  :snark:

RE: Browns cut former first Taylor - RoyleRedlegs - 09-08-2015

(09-08-2015, 08:29 PM)magikod Wrote: wonderful  :snark:

He didn't pass the physical. He need surgery