Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Mixon should have took a knee at the half yd line. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Mixon should have took a knee at the half yd line. (/Thread-Mixon-should-have-took-a-knee-at-the-half-yd-line)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Mixon should have took a knee at the half yd line. - impactplaya - 10-14-2018

take a knee at the half yd line.
thats leaves 1:18 on the clock.
you force the Steelers to burn a time out.then I simply have 2 or 3 shots at the end zone.
Andy would have scored on a keeper behind Hopkins or Mixon up.the gut.
heck even a play action would have sucked the whole defense in.
with my secondary down to 3rd stringers
I would done exactly that

RE: Mixon should have took a knee at the half yd line. - motoarch - 10-14-2018

This is stupid.

RE: Mixon should have took a knee at the half yd line. - thompson19osu - 10-14-2018

No but earlier in the series could call more runs. Andy could let playclock go all the way down. AJ could stay in bounds.

RE: Mixon should have took a knee at the half yd line. - muskiesfan - 10-14-2018

Absolutely not. If you can get in the end zone, get in the end zone. Mixon did nothing wrong. For the most part, what happened wasn't a bad thing. Mixing in a couple of other runs on the drive would've used a little more clock. We did still have 2 time outs and the 2 minute warning when the drive started.

However, I think you have to hope your D can get 1 more stop with only 78 seconds left.

RE: Mixon should have took a knee at the half yd line. - motoarch - 10-14-2018

Seriously stop it. Really really stupid.

RE: Mixon should have took a knee at the half yd line. - Millhouse - 10-14-2018

No.

I am quite critical of the offense not being smart enough at end of game with the clock, but kneeling is not smart football. If the endzone is open and there, you have to score.

Where I am critical of the offense was when there was plenty of time on the play clock at around a minute & half to go, and they snapped it anyways. That was 20 some seconds they gave Pitt basically, when Pitt still had 3 timeouts left, and the Bengals had plenty of time to score with their two timeouts.

RE: Mixon should have took a knee at the half yd line. - Bengalholic - 10-14-2018

(10-14-2018, 07:02 PM)impactplaya Wrote: take a knee at the half yd line.
you force the Steelers to burn a time out.then I simply have 2 or 3 shots at the end zone.

Except then you risk things like a penalty, loss of yardage, turnover or not getting in the end zone at all.

The bigger issue with the time is that the defense couldn't step up their game for the final minute of the game.

RE: Mixon should have took a knee at the half yd line. - Awful Llama - 10-14-2018

No score is guaranteed. You take it when it's there. If he had done that and then the snap was fumbled and lost on the next play, everyone would have went ballistic, and rightfully so.

There were a couple of plays earlier in the drive when the receivers could have stayed in bounds, not lost and yards, and kept the clock running. But they acted like we were running out of time. And, Andy snapped the ball on one play with 25+ seconds on the clock. Letting that run down to 2 seconds would have shaved another :20+ off the clock.

Lots of poor decisions on the drive as related to the clock, but not the TD by Mixon.

RE: Mixon should have took a knee at the half yd line. - bfine32 - 10-14-2018

Didn't the Steelers have 1st and goal at the one in this very game and had to kick a FG?

RE: Mixon should have took a knee at the half yd line. - Nately120 - 10-14-2018

Mixon should have taken a knee and driven it right into Mike Brown's shriveled ballsack.

RE: Mixon should have took a knee at the half yd line. - Go Cards - 10-14-2018

You have to score the go ahead TD when the opportunity arises.

But AJ on the play before had no reason to scamper out of bounds.

Get that they were focusing on scoring though.

RE: Mixon should have took a knee at the half yd line. - rfaulk34 - 10-14-2018

(10-14-2018, 07:09 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Except then you risk things like a penalty, loss of yardage, turnover or not getting in the end zone at all.

The bigger issue with the time is that the defense couldn't step up their game for the final minute of the game.

Yep. You score when you can score and trust your defense to make a stop.

RE: Mixon should have took a knee at the half yd line. - impactplaya - 10-14-2018

I know Id take a beating on this.
but for 57 minutes i seen Big Ben not hurried once and a depleted secondary.
when.Mixon scored i knew a loss was coming.

RE: Mixon should have took a knee at the half yd line. - rfaulk34 - 10-14-2018

(10-14-2018, 07:15 PM)Go Cards Wrote: You have to score the go ahead TD when the opportunity arises.

But AJ on the play before had no reason to scamper out of bounds.

Get that they were focusing on scoring though.

Yep. Going out of bounds and snapping the ball with 20+ seconds to go were preventable mistakes.

RE: Mixon should have took a knee at the half yd line. - bfine32 - 10-14-2018

What he should not have done is the Antonio Brown dance after he scored.

RE: Mixon should have took a knee at the half yd line. - Go Cards - 10-14-2018

(10-14-2018, 07:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. Going out of bounds and snapping the ball with 20+ seconds to go were preventable mistakes.

Absolutely and that would have been some precious seconds running off. 

RE: Mixon should have took a knee at the half yd line. - Nately120 - 10-14-2018

(10-14-2018, 07:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What he should not have done is the Antonio Brown dance after he scored.

As long as he didn't do the "I'm eating pretend soup" thing.  I'm so damn sick of everyone doing that.  

RE: Mixon should have took a knee at the half yd line. - thompson19osu - 10-14-2018

(10-14-2018, 07:08 PM)Millhouse Wrote: No.

I am quite critical of the offense not being smart enough at end of game with the clock, but kneeling is not smart football. If the endzone is open and there, you have to score.

Where I am critical of the offense was when there was plenty of time on the play clock at around a minute & half to go, and they snapped it anyways. That was 20 some seconds they gave Pitt basically, when Pitt still had 3 timeouts left, and the Bengals had plenty of time to score with their two timeouts.

Agree completely.

RE: Mixon should have took a knee at the half yd line. - GodFather - 10-14-2018

The offense did their job. The defense needed to step up and finish. they didn't..

Imagine if he did the and they never made it into the end zone? The media and fans would be out of their minds!

Mixon should have took a knee at the half yd line. - bjf123 - 10-14-2018

(10-14-2018, 07:02 PM)impactplaya Wrote: take a knee at the half yd line.

Uh, no. Didn’t the Steelers have 1st and goal at the one and get held to a FG? When you’re behind, you score whenever you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk