Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Why the lack of downfield vertical throws to Green? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Why the lack of downfield vertical throws to Green? (/Thread-Why-the-lack-of-downfield-vertical-throws-to-Green)

Pages: 1 2

Why the lack of downfield vertical throws to Green? - impactplaya - 10-14-2018

didnt Marvin proclaim in May how Andy and AJ needed to start attacking vertically again.?
i have yet to see a whole lot of vertical throws to AJ this year.?
i hope later in the year they actually start attempting some deep.shots downfield in order to help Mixon get more running lanes open

RE: Why the lack of downfield vertical throws to Green? - rfaulk34 - 10-14-2018

(10-14-2018, 07:30 PM)impactplaya Wrote: didnt Marvin proclaim in May how Andy and AJ needed to start attacking vertically again.?
i have yet to see a whole  lot of vertical throws to AJ this year.?
i hope later in the year they actually start attempting some deep.shots downfield in order to help Mixon get more running lanes open

Holey Hell man. They threw enough. How about letting the guy who was rushing the ball well get a few more carries. Dalton was missing guys left and right, and when he hit them, they dropped a few of them. 

I get that you beat pitt by passing, but when your RB is going well and your QB isn't, especially early, try something different...like, the plays that are working.

RE: Why the lack of downfield vertical throws to Green? - Go Cards - 10-14-2018

QB having lack of time available in the pocket for a deep route to develop maybe ?

RE: Why the lack of downfield vertical throws to Green? - N_B - 10-14-2018

(10-14-2018, 07:33 PM)Go Cards Wrote: QB having lack of time available in the pocket for a deep route to develop maybe ?

Bingo

Frankly I’m shocked at how effective the bengals are at passing it given that they can’t really take many deep shots

(10-14-2018, 07:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Holey Hell man. They threw enough. How about letting the guy who was rushing the ball well get a few more carries. Dalton was missing guys left and right, and when he hit them, they dropped a few of them. 

I get that you beat pitt by passing, but when your RB is going well and your QB isn't, especially early, try something different...like, the plays that are working.

Did not get going away from Mixon either. 

He was producing and deserved more carries. 

RE: Why the lack of downfield vertical throws to Green? - Synric - 10-14-2018

Even with the drops, no back sets, plays calls I didn't like, shakey offensive line, and etc...

The highly paid defensive line had no effect on one of the most important football games of the season against a quality offensive line.

(10-14-2018, 07:35 PM)N_B Wrote: Bingo

Frankly I’m shocked at how effective the bengals are at passing it given that they can’t really take many deep shots

Dalton has been nothing short of amazing this year considering the pass protection he is given. 

RE: Why the lack of downfield vertical throws to Green? - Nicomo Cosca - 10-14-2018

I know the line was not giving Dalton much time but we should have definitely been trying to pick on Artie Burns more. He’s terrible.

I think this would have been a very different game with Ross playing.

(10-14-2018, 07:36 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Did not get going away from Mixon either. 

Different year, same story against this team. Either they let the steelers get in their heads and make them stupid, or they out-think themselves. 

Lazor's biggest weakness so far is the pass/run ratio. 

RE: Why the lack of downfield vertical throws to Green? - Joelist - 10-14-2018

(10-14-2018, 07:37 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Dalton has been nothing short of amazing this year considering the pass protection he is given. 

Yep! As in little if any. Starting at the Carolina game the OL has regressed to utter crap. 

RE: Why the lack of downfield vertical throws to Green? - thompson19osu - 10-14-2018

Lack of time I’m assuming. Lazor knows the weakness of our O so he tries best he can to mask it.

RE: Why the lack of downfield vertical throws to Green? - muskiesfan - 10-14-2018

(10-14-2018, 07:36 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Did not get going away from Mixon either. 

Agreed. He only had 15 total touches. 11 carries at 5.8 should garner more carries. I don't see why we're not giving him 20+ touches every single game.

RE: Why the lack of downfield vertical throws to Green? - Bengalitis - 10-14-2018

Squeelers like to blitz, the best medicine to that is Mixon.

(10-14-2018, 07:46 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Agreed. He only had 15 total touches. 11 carries at 5.8 should garner more carries. I don't see why we're not giving him 20+ touches every single game.

Because Lazor is a bit too pass happy. Dalton is averaging 38 throws per game. I did a stat a few years ago where Dalton and the bengals are best when he's averaging 30-34 per game.

(10-14-2018, 07:39 PM)Joelist Wrote: Yep! As in little if any. Starting at the Carolina game the OL has regressed to utter crap. 

The bad part is that thought OL would struggle early developing chemistry with new players.

But Price missing all this time the chemistry has still got a lot of developing to go if he ever comes back. 

Still think by seasons end this Bengals team will be very formidable if relatively healthy. 

RE: Why the lack of downfield vertical throws to Green? - Joelist - 10-14-2018

Losing Price like this (someone steps a little on his foot and he has now missed 5 games - doesn't speak well for his durability) has wrecked the line. Hopkins is trying but not equal to the task (as evidenced today he is starting to be consistently overmatched - he was last week also and also against Carolina). At this rate Andy will be on IR before we get a working line together.

RE: Why the lack of downfield vertical throws to Green? - Lionel Hutz - 10-14-2018

Because the o-line is still trash? Dalton is playing phenomenal given how much pressure he facing every week. Price can't get back soon enough. But even then, I not expecting big things downfield given the state of the offensive line

RE: Why the lack of downfield vertical throws to Green? - SunsetBengal - 10-15-2018

(10-14-2018, 09:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: Losing Price like this (someone steps a little on his foot and he has now missed 5 games - doesn't speak well for his durability) has wrecked the line. Hopkins is trying but not equal to the task (as evidenced today he is starting to be consistently overmatched - he was last week also and also against Carolina). At this rate Andy will be on IR before we get a working line together.

I love how you minimize the impact of a 300+ guy planting a cleat into his foot, while being 300+ himself, as he was in the act of planting his base and moving a man in front of him, as simply "someone stepping on his foot a little".  It's not quite the same as when you stepped on your sister's toe, trying to learn how to dance, back in middle school.

Way to be a supportive fan of the team!  ThumbsUp

RE: Why the lack of downfield vertical throws to Green? - Daddy-O - 10-15-2018

(10-14-2018, 07:33 PM)Go Cards Wrote: QB having lack of time available in the pocket for a deep route to develop maybe ?

This.  Very easy answer to the question.

RE: Why the lack of downfield vertical throws to Green? - fortyyearfan - 10-15-2018

(10-14-2018, 07:30 PM)impactplaya Wrote: didnt Marvin proclaim in May how Andy and AJ needed to start attacking vertically again.?
i have yet to see a whole  lot of vertical throws to AJ this year.?

This so called bengals team will never win anything,they are going to get killed again when they go to pissburg,the stoolers are in their heads and marvin can never beat them.the stoolers own him.Someone please fire marvin and Austin,he so sucks.If you cannot beat this team in your own house you deserve the hate you are going to get.I so hate the stoolers and I hate losing to them.Just ruined my whole year.To all fans,tweet,social media,fax ,write letters,and just hammer all players and coaches all week.Do not let up.Let them know how so pissed all of us are.You MUST beat the stoolers and marvin simply cannot do this.He needs to go like 10 years ago.