Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Well She was an Adult - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Well She was an Adult (/Thread-Well-She-was-an-Adult)

Pages: 1 2 3

Well She was an Adult - bfine32 - 10-15-2018

Hill's slap in the face to women's rights movements

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/major-women-apos-groups-silent-192215781.html

Quote:Hillary Clinton set the internet ablaze on Sunday when she told CBS’s “Sunday Morning” that the affair between her husband, former President Bill Clinton, and then-White House intern Monica Lewinsky was not an abuse of power.

The former secretary of state’s remark ― as well as her suggestion that her husband’s sexual relationship with Lewinsky was consensual because Lewinsky had been “an adult” at the time ― appeared at odds with the Me Too movement Clinton herself has championed.

Lewinsky, who was 22 at the time of the affair, previously said that her sexual encounters with Bill Clinton had been consensual, but has reconsidered that view recently. Several other women have accused the former president of sexual misconduct going as far back as the 1970s, which he has vehemently denied.

I wonder when the outrage from the left and the liberal groups will start.

RE: Well She was an Adult - Belsnickel - 10-15-2018

(10-15-2018, 08:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hill's slap in the face to women's rights movements

I've actually seen quite a few on Twitter talking about this today and groaning about how wrong she was with these comments. I'm with them on this, it was a definite abuse of power.

RE: Well She was an Adult - Nately120 - 10-15-2018

(10-15-2018, 08:47 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I've actually seen quite a few on Twitter talking about this today and groaning about how wrong she was with these comments. I'm with them on this, it was a definite abuse of power.

Hillary also lost to Trump, so she's not the most popular person even with the left so a lot of the selective overlooking of her issues has dwindled.  If Trump loses the 2020 election I fully expect the right wing to start talking about how he wasn't really a republican and he was too liberal and he was a creeper and they never liked him but elected him to make liberals mad, etc.

RE: Well She was an Adult - HarleyDog - 10-15-2018

(10-15-2018, 08:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hill's slap in the face to women's rights movements

What’s sad is they have done much worse.

RE: Well She was an Adult - bfine32 - 10-15-2018

Actually part of me says "hell yeah". Stand by your man and don't automatically label him the bad guy. I'm just struck by the hypocrisy of those that would be losing their shit if Trump would have said those exact same words about the incident.

And there's another small part of me that hopes the DNC is stupid enough to throw all their eggs in the Clinton basket again in 2020. She has to have something on them.

RE: Well She was an Adult - GMDino - 10-16-2018

Well she's wrong, but luckily it gives you folks on the right something new to be angry about.  That being angry at "the left" for not being outraged enough...even if some are.  

Seriously you guys look so dumb with this stuff.  Clinton was old news  a year ago.  But it's a talking point to rile up people I guess.

RE: Well She was an Adult - Dill - 10-16-2018

(10-15-2018, 10:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually part of me says "hell yeah". Stand by your man and don't automatically label him the bad guy. I'm just struck by the hypocrisy of those that would be losing their shit if Trump would have said those exact same words about the incident.

And there's another small part of me that hopes the DNC is stupid enough to throw all their eggs in the Clinton basket again in 2020. She has to have something on them.

Who would be "losing their shit" if Trump had an affair with an intern who showed him her thong and he called the follow up "consensual"--as did the intern?

Still looking for some kind of leverage, some point of vantage from which the Trump presidency doesn't look as bad as it is.

RE: Well She was an Adult - fredtoast - 10-16-2018

This issue is not as simple as either side wants to claim.

Everytime a person has a relationship with a superior it is not rape or sexual assault. That is absurd. Some times it is 100% consensual for both parties.

So I need to know a lot more about what happened between Bill and Monica before I just make a blanket judgement based on what some other group is saying. Just because #Metoo and the Republicans say it was a sexual assault does not mean it was.

(10-16-2018, 09:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This issue is not as simple as either side wants to claim.

Everytime a person has a relationship with a superior it is not rape or sexual assault.  That is absurd.  Some times it is 100% consensual for both parties.

So I need to know a lot more about what happened between Bill and Monica before I just make a blanket judgement based on what some other group is saying.  Just because #Metoo and the Republicans say it was a sexual assault does not mean it was.

I don't disagree that it *can* get complicated and that in this case she was an adult who made a choice.  However he was older and in the position of power.  That is a bad mix and the impetus to stay away is on him.

RE: Well She was an Adult - Belsnickel - 10-16-2018

(10-16-2018, 09:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This issue is not as simple as either side wants to claim.

Everytime a person has a relationship with a superior it is not rape or sexual assault. That is absurd. Some times it is 100% consensual for both parties.

So I need to know a lot more about what happened between Bill and Monica before I just make a blanket judgement based on what some other group is saying. Just because #Metoo and the Republicans say it was a sexual assault does not mean it was.

The issue is not that people think it was sexual assault; there is consensus that it wasn't. The issue is that it was an abuse of power. When someone is in a position of authority over another person then there is a power dynamic that exists there that makes sexual relations ill advised. This is why pretty much every professional ethics code in existence would say what happened was wrong.

RE: Well She was an Adult - Goalpost - 10-16-2018

Plus he pointed his finger and lied about it. I did not have...

(10-16-2018, 09:18 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Plus he pointed his finger and lied about it.  I did not have...

That always amused me.  If I remember correctly they somehow narrowed the definition of "sexual relations" down to intercourse and he denied it very specifically.  In his mind he wasn't "lying" he was answering the question proposed correctly.  Typical lawyer speak.

Where they caught him lying under oath was about having the affair at all.

Then Starr brought up 11 counts including abuse of power.

RE: Well She was an Adult - bfine32 - 10-16-2018

(10-16-2018, 12:19 AM)Dill Wrote: Who would be "losing their shit" if Trump had an affair with an intern who showed him her thong and he called the follow up "consensual"--as did the intern?

Still looking for some kind of leverage, some point of vantage from which the Trump presidency doesn't look as bad as it is.

I'll take you at your word that you would not go off the deep end if it were discovered today that Trump had an affair with a 22 year old intern. 

This is no leverage to make Trump presidency not took bad. It is pointing to the hypocrisy of Hillary Clinton and the liberal causes. 

(10-16-2018, 12:09 AM)GMDino Wrote: Well she's wrong, but luckily it gives you folks on the right something new to be angry about.  That being angry at "the left" for not being outraged enough...even if some are.  

Seriously you guys look so dumb with this stuff.  Clinton was old news  a year ago.  But it's a talking point to rile up people I guess.

Assuming you don't believe she's considering a 2020 run. Hate when we look dumb. 

RE: Well She was an Adult - hollodero - 10-16-2018

(10-15-2018, 10:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And there's another small part of me that hopes the DNC is stupid enough to throw all their eggs in the Clinton basket again in 2020. She has to have something on them.

Well that scares me. I don't quite understand how anyone can "hope" that who isn't an ardent Trump supporter.

@topic, two things I do not get. First, how quickly really anyone, including a washed-up, failed presidential candidate, is always portrayed as spokesperson of the left, speaking for an entirety, representing any liberal's view. Second thing I don't get, this urge to politicize everything #metoo and other things. There would be zero need to label the movement liberal or conservative or anything for that matter. Now I feel it's gotten "the enemy" for the right and hence, ridicule the topic. Same with kids who don't want to get shot and with just about anything really.

RE: Well She was an Adult - Dill - 10-16-2018

(10-16-2018, 11:13 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll take you at your word that you would not go off the deep end if it were discovered today that Trump had an affair with a 22 year old intern. 

This is no leverage to make Trump presidency not took bad. It is pointing to the hypocrisy of Hillary Clinton and the liberal causes. 

What "hypocrisy" do you suppose you have identified?  Take it out of Fox world with some actual data.

(10-16-2018, 11:25 AM)hollodero Wrote: Well that scares me. I don't quite understand how anyone can "hope" that who isn't an ardent Trump supporter.

@topic, two things I do not get. First, how quickly really anyone, including a washed-up, failed presidential candidate, is always portrayed as spokesperson of the left, speaking for an entirety, representing any liberal's view. Second thing I don't get, this urge to politicize everything #metoo and other things. There would be zero need to label the movement liberal or conservative or anything for that matter. Now I feel it's gotten "the enemy" for the right and hence, ridicule the topic. Same with kids who don't want to get shot and with just about anything really.

(10-16-2018, 11:33 AM)Dill Wrote: What "hypocrisy" do you suppose you have identified?  Take it out of Fox world with some actual data.

The hypocrisy lies with Hills being as Dill thinks he would have a similar reaction if Trump had an affair with a 22 year old intern.

It was just a week or so ago that Hills says women should be believed. Recently Lewinsky (the victim) has stated that the affair with Clinton was abuse of power. Hills quickly says "pay her no mind". This doesn't even broach the topic of her remarks directed toward the accusers of Bill

(10-16-2018, 11:16 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Assuming you don't believe she's considering a 2020 run

I don't know and I don't care.  The right (yours and Trump's too) obsession with Clinton is just funny.

(10-16-2018, 11:16 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Hate when we look dumb. 

I wish this was true....then you'd stop.

(10-16-2018, 11:42 AM)GMDino Wrote: I don't know and I don't care.  The right (yours and Trump's too) obsession with Clinton is just funny.

I wish this was true....then you'd stop.

Damn, one would think you're a little more in tune with the political landscape.

It's not the Right that continually sticks a microphone in front of her face.

Nah, I wouldn't stop, because then I'd miss your brilliant retorts. 

(10-16-2018, 11:48 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Damn, one would think you're a little more in tune with the political landscape.

It's not the Right that continually sticks a microphone in front of her face.

Nah, I wouldn't stop, because then I'd miss your brilliant retorts. 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bc5fb8556384c4d41998f77]

Hilarious