Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bengals sign CB Russell from PS; waive Auden Tate - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bengals sign CB Russell from PS; waive Auden Tate (/Thread-Bengals-sign-CB-Russell-from-PS-waive-Auden-Tate)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Bengals sign CB Russell from PS; waive Auden Tate - KillerGoose - 10-18-2018

https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/1053005708743122944

"News: #Bengals sign CB KeiVarae Russell off the practice squad and waive WR Auden Tate."

RE: Bengals sign CB Russell from PS; waive Auden Tate - McC - 10-18-2018

(10-18-2018, 04:47 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/1053005708743122944

"News: #Bengals sign CB KeiVarae Russell off the practice squad and waive WR Auden Tate."

I guess we need him active.  Do they try to get Tate onto the PS?

RE: Bengals sign CB Russell from PS; waive Auden Tate - sandwedge - 10-18-2018

(10-18-2018, 04:50 PM)McC Wrote: I guess we need him active.  Do they try to get Tate onto the PS?

I think he goes on waiver for 24 hrs and then we can sign him to PS. Yes I think they won't him back.

RE: Bengals sign CB Russell from PS; waive Auden Tate - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-18-2018

I would have waived Cody Core. Mellow

RE: Bengals sign CB Russell from PS; waive Auden Tate - Au165 - 10-18-2018

(10-18-2018, 04:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: I would have waived Cody Core. Mellow

Agreed.

RE: Bengals sign CB Russell from PS; waive Auden Tate - Tiger Teeth - 10-18-2018

(10-18-2018, 04:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: I would have waived Cody Core. Mellow

Double agreed.

RE: Bengals sign CB Russell from PS; waive Auden Tate - snowy - 10-18-2018

What a dumb thing to do. Wyche and Au165 are right: they should have waived Cody Core. I think some team will sign Tate during waivers. Wishing Tate well, wherever he winds up.

RE: Bengals sign CB Russell from PS; waive Auden Tate - Luvnit2 - 10-18-2018

(10-18-2018, 05:02 PM)snowy Wrote: What a dumb thing to do. Wyche and Au165 are right: they should have waived Cody Core. I think some team will sign Tate during waivers. Wishing Tate well, wherever he winds up.

I am not sure Core is PS eligible anymore.

RE: Bengals sign CB Russell from PS; waive Auden Tate - fredtoast - 10-18-2018

Core has played almost 100 snaps this year. Tate has zero.

RE: Bengals sign CB Russell from PS; waive Auden Tate - The Real Deal - 10-18-2018

Let’s see what russel can do against the team that cut him before he ever played a down for them. Saw a stat that said when Dennard has been targeted this season, the completion percentage has been somewhere in the neighborhood of 75%. Russel can’t be worse than that can he?

CAN HE?

RE: Bengals sign CB Russell from PS; waive Auden Tate - jj22 - 10-18-2018

The Bengals are one of the worst run Franchises for a reason..... They earned it.

RE: Bengals sign CB Russell from PS; waive Auden Tate - The Real Deal - 10-18-2018

(10-18-2018, 05:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: The Bengals are one of the worst run Franchises for a reason..... They earned it.

Granted, there are a lot of reasons you could say this. But you logged in to say it because they cut a guy that had some amazing grabs in practice but largely disappeared in the preseason? Not to mention his zero snaps played this season.

(10-18-2018, 05:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: The Bengals are one of the worst run Franchises for a reason..... They earned it.

They are currently 4-2 and in first place in their division.

I said it as in that's why they don't get the benefit of the doubt when they make these decisions. So for me it's understandable why people are questioning it........ And I've been logged in.

(10-18-2018, 05:40 PM)jj22 Wrote: I said it as in that's why they don't get the benefit of the doubt. And I've been logged in.

For the past several years they have outperformed most other teams in the league.

RE: Bengals sign CB Russell from PS; waive Auden Tate - snowy - 10-18-2018

Luvnit2 Wrote:I am not sure Core is PS eligible anymore
I don't know if he is or isn't. I'm pretty sure a player can be waived at any time. I'm okay if he goes. YMMV.

Personally I think many (majority of the Front Offices around the league) other Franchise would have gotten a playoff win out of the talent we had during the Palmer/Chad and Dalton/Green era's. But let's not change the subject. I maintain I understand why people are questioning the decision. It's not like they've earned trust.

RE: Bengals sign CB Russell from PS; waive Auden Tate - MonkeyKing - 10-18-2018

Hopefully Tate makes it to the practice squad. I was hoping after the smell that core has left on the field that we might be able to work him into the offense. But, with the injuries we had to make a move to get Russel active.

RE: Bengals sign CB Russell from PS; waive Auden Tate - McC - 10-18-2018

(10-18-2018, 05:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Core has played almost 100 snaps this year.  Tate has zero.

And they both have the same number of catches.

RE: Bengals sign CB Russell from PS; waive Auden Tate - J24 - 10-18-2018

Tate doesn't play special teams Core does. How do people not get this yet?
Anyways Tate should be a TE and not a WR. This is why there should be and NFL equilivent of a G league. So teams are allowed to develop players.