Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Red Dead Redemption 2 - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Entertainment)
+--- Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2 (/Thread-Red-Dead-Redemption-2)

Red Dead Redemption 2 - kdgjr - 10-25-2018

Comes out at 9pm.

Preliminary reviews have it as the highest rated game...OF ALL TIME.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/red-dead-redemption-2/critic-reviews

RE: Red Dead Redemption 2 - Millhouse - 10-25-2018

Yeah this is definitely the most hyped game for this year that actually should be really good.

I typically take official critic reviews with a grain of salt most of the time. I tend to stick to general user reviews and those on youtube reviewing that don't have any ties to the gaming company or sales of the game. The disparity though between official critics and users isn't nearly like it can be with movies or shows though, so when critics of a game are giving it 100 review grades, chances are they are right.

I dont know when I am getting it. Might wait a bit just because I want to have lots of time to sink into it, which I wont have for a bit. But it is definitely a must buy eventually. I trust Rockstar doing this game right, one of the only triple A companies I do trust anymore. Rockstar, CD Projext Red, and Bethesda are about the only 3 companies I still trust overall. Oh and Blizzard too.

RE: Red Dead Redemption 2 - CKwi88 - 10-25-2018

(10-25-2018, 04:21 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Yeah this is definitely the most hyped game for this year that actually should be really good.

I typically take official critic reviews with a grain of salt most of the time. I tend to stick to general user reviews and those on youtube reviewing that don't have any ties to the gaming company or sales of the game. The disparity though between official critics and users isn't nearly like it can be with movies or shows though, so when critics of a game are giving it 100 review grades, chances are they are right.

Ever since the first Assassin's Creed had near perfect scores this has been my M.O. as well.

Never played the first, and really have slowed down significantly when it comes to playing games with a high time investment. Still good to see good games done right in a time when rushing games, day one DLC and micrograms actions dominate the headlines 

RE: Red Dead Redemption 2 - XenoMorph - 10-26-2018

(10-25-2018, 10:38 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Ever since the first Assassin's Creed had near perfect scores this has been my M.O. as well.

Never played the first, and really have slowed down significantly when it comes to playing games with a high time investment. Still good to see good games done right in a time when rushing games, day one DLC and micrograms actions dominate the headlines 

waiting to see where the online aspect goes and microtransactions before I buy this one...

It looks good.  but the whole horse balls skrinking thing didn't rope me in. 

I have a lot to play already so ill wait on a 60 hour single player campaign  (which really is the only thing I care about for RDR2)

Will say the first RDR was one of the few Rockstar games I actually enjoyed.

RE: Red Dead Redemption 2 - Millhouse - 10-26-2018

(10-25-2018, 10:38 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Ever since the first Assassin's Creed had near perfect scores this has been my M.O. as well.

Anymore its the big open world games, with RPG involved that interests me more than anything. Witcher 3 was awesome, and it's second DLC Blood & Wine was amazing, best dlc ever for an open world game. Fallout 4 and then Skyrim before that were latest games I enjoyed a ton. Though Fallout 4 had some issues.

This game though looks amazing. I think I am going to get it around Christmas once I get a 4k tv and an XboxOneX which will play it in 4k. I have been watching a streamer on Twitch play it for the first few hours and it's as good as a game like this can get so far.

By the way from everything I have read and heard, the Xbox1X is the best system to play it on, better than PS4 pro, then PS4, and regular Xbone. 

RE: Red Dead Redemption 2 - Au165 - 10-29-2018

Just checking in, the game is as amazing as the reviews mentioned. The attention to detail in this game is something I have never seen before in my life.

RE: Red Dead Redemption 2 - kdgjr - 11-19-2018

(10-29-2018, 11:52 AM)Au165 Wrote: Just checking in, the game is as amazing as the reviews mentioned. The attention to detail in this game is something I have never seen before in my life.

I'm about a third of the way through it and I will vouch for this.

It was slow in the beginning but once things open up and you have multiple places to go and things to do, it's really, really, incredible.

RE: Red Dead Redemption 2 - Millhouse - 12-17-2018

Here is my official take on it, the story portion of the game though as the online portion is still in 'beta'.

There are two games in the last 5 years that I place at the top for immersion and storytelling. The Witcher 3 and Red Dead 2. I am currently on my second full playthrough, as I also did another small playthrough using a save point to do a bad honor ending.

The world is the best open world I have ever played though. It is like a living/breathing world to roam around in, something very rare in games. Then all the little secrets and easter egg stuff, telling little stories is great.

Now there are still visual bugs and other ones, like my horse just vanished after a mission. Not at stable or at camp or anywhere. Did a full exit and re-load and it was back. Scared me too because she was the white Arabian.

I wont go into too much of stuff, though I have found out, some via youtube, almost all the secrets like taking down the vampire and the UFO.

My final grade 9.5/10.