Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Whatever happen to that caravan, anyway? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Whatever happen to that caravan, anyway? (/Thread-Whatever-happen-to-that-caravan-anyway)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Whatever happen to that caravan, anyway? - Bengalzona - 11-07-2018

I thought there was an angry, armed mob of disease-filled terrorists heading for our border to impregnate our womenfolk with anchor babies?

Whatever happened to that?

RE: Whatever happen to that caravan, anyway? - HarleyDog - 11-07-2018

There’s a really cool bar in Mexico about 7 miles south of El Paso with hookers and Tacos. I would look there.

RE: Whatever happen to that caravan, anyway? - bfine32 - 11-07-2018

I'm sure we can all hope that POTUS strong words and actions were relayed to them and the dangerous decided to return home and those truly needing asylum decided to do it by legal means.

RE: Whatever happen to that caravan, anyway? - Bengalzona - 11-08-2018

I don't know. At Halloween, I was pretty convinced that they would be here raping our womens by now.

RE: Whatever happen to that caravan, anyway? - TheLeonardLeap - 11-08-2018

The Capital of Honduras is Tegucigalpa. It is 2,742 miles away from Mexicali, Mexico.

Figure 2.5mph walking speed, 12 hours of walking a day. That is 30 miles a day (assuming they don't hitch a ride). That is 92 days of walking 12 hours a day.

I believe Mexico City was talked about as a big waypoint. Mexico City is still 1,617 miles away from Mexicali, or 54 days of walking 30 miles a day.

Walking is an unappreciatedly slow method of transport, and Mexico stretches on a for a damn long time.

(For context, the distance between Cincinnati and San Diego is 2,158 miles.)

- - - - - - - - -

I also think a lot of people bled off from the caravan because they either didn't think about how much walking 30 miles a day for 92 days would suck, or they accepted asylum strictly in Southern Mexico, which I know became a big pushing point that Mexico was trying to do.

RE: Whatever happen to that caravan, anyway? - Dill - 11-08-2018

(11-07-2018, 11:10 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I thought there was an angry, armed mob of disease-filled terrorists heading for our border to impregnate our womenfolk with anchor babies?

Whatever happened to that?

They will get here, about 1500 of them.

We need to start building the separation pens, enough for 6-700 children.

RE: Whatever happen to that caravan, anyway? - bfine32 - 11-08-2018

(11-08-2018, 02:15 AM)Dill Wrote: They will get here, about 1500 of them.

Why would we need to build them on our side of the border? 

(11-08-2018, 02:26 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Why would we need to build them on our side of the border? 

I didn't say which side.

We are America. We can build them wherever we want. 

Thought you knew that.

RE: Whatever happen to that caravan, anyway? - treee - 11-08-2018

They ended up finding a nuke and blowing up the entire earth. Gosh darn terrorists.

(11-08-2018, 02:50 AM)Dill Wrote: I didn't say which side.

Thought you knew that.

I didn't expect you to actually answer the question. 

(11-08-2018, 03:00 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I didn't expect you to actually answer the question. 

REALLY?  Why didn't you expect me to actually answer your serious question about a non-serious statement?

(11-08-2018, 03:42 AM)Dill Wrote: REALLY?  Why didn't you expect me to actually answer your serious question about a non-serious statement?

Nah, the question was to expose your assumption that they will cross illegally and you're good with that. Just not good with how we would process them. 

So yeah, I didn't expect you to actually answer. 

(11-08-2018, 02:15 AM)Dill Wrote: They will get here, about 1500 of them.

Do you think that many will survive the gunfire?

RE: Whatever happen to that caravan, anyway? - ballsofsteel - 11-08-2018

That caravan will show up again a few months before the 2020 election so he can scare the shit out of the evangelicals and the rubes in his base. It worked once. why not twice.

RE: Whatever happen to that caravan, anyway? - Au165 - 11-08-2018

(11-08-2018, 02:50 AM)Dill Wrote: I didn't say which side.

Thought you knew that.

No we are going to tell Mexico they need to build the pens, and they will pay for it.

RE: Whatever happen to that caravan, anyway? - GMDino - 11-08-2018

(11-07-2018, 11:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm sure we can all hope that POTUS strong words and actions were relayed to them and the dangerous decided to return home and those truly needing asylum decided to do it by legal means.

Or...OR....The POTUS was fear mongering about it and *some* people bought it hook, line and sinker.   Smirk

(11-08-2018, 01:25 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The Capital of Honduras is Tegucigalpa. It is 2,742 miles away from Mexicali, Mexico.

Figure 2.5mph walking speed, 12 hours of walking a day. That is 30 miles a day (assuming they don't hitch a ride). That is 92 days of walking 12 hours a day.

I believe Mexico City was talked about as a big waypoint. Mexico City is still 1,617 miles away from Mexicali, or 54 days of walking 30 miles a day.

Walking is an unappreciatedly slow method of transport, and Mexico stretches on a for a damn long time.

(For context, the distance between Cincinnati and San Diego is 2,158 miles.)

- - - - - - - - -

I also think a lot of people bled off from the caravan because they either didn't think about how much walking 30 miles a day for 92 days would suck, or they accepted asylum strictly in Southern Mexico, which I know became a big pushing point that Mexico was trying to do.

Yep.  Most of what I read was that there was almost no chance that even a majority of them would make the US border and that would be weeks away.

But patience and facts don't help make people afraid.

(11-08-2018, 03:48 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah, the question was to expose your assumption that they will cross illegally and you're good with that. Just not good with how we would process them. 

So yeah, I didn't expect you to actually answer. 

Where did Dill say they would enter illegally?

(11-08-2018, 09:25 AM)Au165 Wrote: No we are going to tell Mexico they need to build the pens, and they will pay for it.

Careful, there those among us that will believe that.   Cool

RE: Whatever happen to that caravan, anyway? - michaelsean - 11-08-2018

(11-08-2018, 10:05 AM)GMDino Wrote: Or...OR....The POTUS was fear mongering about it and *some* people bought it hook, line and sinker.   Smirk

Yep.  Most of what I read was that there was almost no chance that even a majority of them would make the US border and that would be weeks away.

Love the spam picture.  LOL

(11-08-2018, 09:25 AM)Au165 Wrote: No we are going to tell Mexico they need to build the pens, and they will pay for it.

Hilarious

(11-08-2018, 10:05 AM)GMDino Wrote:  Or...OR....The POTUS was fear mongering about it and *some* people bought it hook, line and sinker.   Smirk

Because we have no history of detaining/separating families that migrate here legally.

Do you think his reply makes the assumption they will cross illegally?

I thought the Mexicans had built us a wall to keep the drug-dealing immigrants coming to take our jobs out of the country?