Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Potential head coach candidates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Potential head coach candidates (/Thread-Potential-head-coach-candidates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Potential head coach candidates - mon4078 - 11-18-2018

If Marvin is let go at the end of the season,do we go after a offensive or defensive coach. Who would you look at for the job.

RE: Potential head coach candidates - Au165 - 11-18-2018

(11-18-2018, 09:08 PM)mon4078 Wrote: If Marvin is let go at the end of the season,do we go after a offensive or defensive coach. Who would you look at for the job.

John Madden....since we are talking about something that won’t happen anyways haha.

RE: Potential head coach candidates - George Cantstandya - 11-18-2018

Sadly I fear it will be Hue when Marvin is gone.

RE: Potential head coach candidates - hotweales - 11-18-2018

(11-18-2018, 09:16 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Sadly I fear it will be Hue when Marvin is gone.

Someone from the Andy Reid tree. I should also say that Kansas City has 27 on coaching staff and the Bengals have 21. Just another example of tight ass Mike Brown

RE: Potential head coach candidates - Nicomo Cosca - 11-18-2018

Mickey Mouse

RE: Potential head coach candidates - Bengalholic - 11-18-2018

(11-18-2018, 09:08 PM)mon4078 Wrote: If Marvin is let go at the end of the season,do we go after a offensive or defensive coach. Who would you look at for the job.

Mike didn't let Marvin walk after two straight losing seasons when his contract was up, so I think it's safe to say Marvin will be back...unless he decides to walk away. 

RE: Potential head coach candidates - mon4078 - 11-18-2018

(11-18-2018, 09:16 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Sadly I fear it will be Hue when Marvin is gone.

I really hope not. I would like to see someone from rams saints, or chiefs.

RE: Potential head coach candidates - Nicomo Cosca - 11-18-2018

(11-18-2018, 10:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Mike didn't let Marvin walk after two straight losing seasons when his contract was up, so I think it's safe to say Marvin will be back...unless he decides to walk away. 

Marvin might be a mediocre HC, but he’s no dummy. He’s not going to walk away from millions of dollars. It’s not like he’s worried about ruining his legacy. He’s already the coach who’ll be remembered for going 0-7 in the playoffs. Might as well keep cashing those checks!

RE: Potential head coach candidates - bengalfan74 - 11-18-2018

(11-18-2018, 10:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Mike didn't let Marvin walk after two straight losing seasons when his contract was up, so I think it's safe to say Marvin will be back...unless he decides to walk away. 

Agree,

Mike Brown will never fire Marvin Lewis ! He's here until he quits or Mike is no longer in charge. Sadly

But if we're dreaming offense for sure like Lafleur

RE: Potential head coach candidates - Bengalholic - 11-18-2018

(11-18-2018, 10:44 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree,

Mike Brown will never fire Marvin Lewis ! He's here until he quits or Mike is no longer in charge. Sadly

But if we're dreaming offense for sure like Lafleur

Yeah, if we're dreaming, I definitely like the idea of LaFleur.

RE: Potential head coach candidates - hotweales - 11-18-2018

He would let him go if it starts to hurt his pocket book.

RE: Potential head coach candidates - mon4078 - 11-18-2018

I understand it is unlikely that he is fired after the season unless we go winless the rest of the way. I just wanted to see what other fans wanted in the next coach and what some of the up coming names were.

RE: Potential head coach candidates - THE PISTONS - 11-18-2018

Not only did he not let him leave when his contract was up...when there was talk of Marvin leaving Mike Brown kind of freaked out and re-signed him.

It's a pipe dream to think they'll fire him.

They'll keep firing coordinators. My guess is Lazor goes and Hue is the OC. Then Hue becomes the HC.

Hue IS NOT a good HC candidate.

RE: Potential head coach candidates - JWW1971 - 11-19-2018

Marvin has a job for life as long as the Brown family is in charge, Was it not Katie that talked Mike into hiring Marvin?
As long as there is a Brown in charge then Marvin won't be going until he decides he has had enough.
Whats the current record for the oldest Head Coach in the NFL? George Halas who was 72. Get set for Marvin to break that record.
Unless Katie sells the organisation after Mike is gone

RE: Potential head coach candidates - Nately120 - 11-19-2018

Jue Hackson

RE: Potential head coach candidates - I_C_DeadPeople - 11-19-2018

Any coach that Mikey hires will have to agree to be a puppet. Plain and simple.

RE: Potential head coach candidates - samhain - 11-19-2018

If we hurry and offer enough money, maybe we can snake Condi Rice from the Browns!

RE: Potential head coach candidates - J24 - 11-19-2018

It's going to be Hue just accept it and Move on.

RE: Potential head coach candidates - J24 - 11-19-2018

(11-19-2018, 03:00 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: It's going to be Hue just accept it and Move on.
Although keep an eye on Minnesota if Zimmer doesn't win a playoff game he might be looking for a new job.

RE: Potential head coach candidates - rfaulk34 - 11-19-2018

A simple pair of clown shoes, to more accurately reflect what this team is.