Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Why did we wait all this time? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+--- Thread: Why did we wait all this time? (/Thread-Why-did-we-wait-all-this-time)

Why did we wait all this time? - SunsetBengal - 12-02-2018

… for Andy to get IR'ed, in order to put Jeff Driskell in as the starter? He's just great. Mellow

RE: Why did we wait all this time? - McC - 12-02-2018

(12-02-2018, 05:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: … for Andy to get IR'ed, in order to put Jeff Driskell in as the starter?  He's just great.   Mellow

I'm trying to come up with the name of a QB who could've done anything behind that line today.  Drawing a blank.

RE: Why did we wait all this time? - SunsetBengal - 12-02-2018

(12-02-2018, 06:41 PM)McC Wrote: I'm trying to come up with the name of a QB who could've done anything behind that line today.  Drawing a blank.

With the way some were talking around here, it shouldn't have mattered about the line, Driskell is mobile.

RE: Why did we wait all this time? - McC - 12-02-2018

(12-02-2018, 06:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With the way some were talking around here, it shouldn't have mattered about the line, Driskell is mobile.

Well, he can run.  Unfortunately, he would have needed to be able to fly.

Okay, Jeff, you'll have a second and a hlaf to throw.  Go make us proud.

RE: Why did we wait all this time? - TKUHL - 12-03-2018

He is Mobil, not sure wth was up with this game. It almost like our genius coaching staff told him to stay put and trust that solid line. I don't think Driskel the answer, nor is Rodgers, Brady or whoever you put back there. Between the line, receivers not getting open and the lack luster play calling it dosent matter who's back there.

I am so pissed that this team dosent even try and there is zero accountability. Other teams are chopping heads, not us. This Franchise is a freaking disgrace and should be boycotted. Wish the team would just move, at least I would have a legit excuse to switch teams. Stuck with my hometown team and hate it. Nothing will ever change as long as the Brown family owns the team. Everyone who thinks things will somehow be better once MB dies are dreaming. The family needs to sell or leave.

RE: Why did we wait all this time? - THE PISTONS - 12-03-2018

His wristband with the plays on it said:

Screen, RB Screen, Sack.

Sack was crossed out, and replaced with the word QB Sneak.

RE: Why did we wait all this time? - Fan_in_Kettering - 12-04-2018

If there is a silver lining to this horrific season it it this: Line play on both sides of the ball is terrible and now everyone knows how important it is. Joe Mixon breaks loose sometimes but he’s tackled behind the line of scrimmage just as much. Andy Dalton got some good passes off but he was sacked a lot too.

RE: Why did we wait all this time? - TheLeonardLeap - 12-09-2018

(12-04-2018, 03:58 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If there is a silver lining to this horrific season it it this:  Line play on both sides of the ball is terrible and now everyone knows how important it is.  Joe Mixon breaks loose sometimes but he’s tackled behind the line of scrimmage just as much.  Andy Dalton got some good passes off but he was sacked a lot too.

Compared to the previous two losing season where the line was horrible and everyone knew how important it is? Why is that lesson (maybe) catching on after three straight seasons of attempting to be taught it a silver lining?