Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Rex Ryan for head coach - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Rex Ryan for head coach (/Thread-Rex-Ryan-for-head-coach)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Rex Ryan for head coach - Bengalfan4life27c - 12-03-2018

Realistic expectations people. Mike Brown is not going to make some innovative hire. or even some innovative first time head coach. chances are he would want to go somewhere else anyway. I personally think he's a more proven defensive genius than Marvin anyway. Only time Marvin had a good defense as a coordinator was with the Ravens with a generational talent Like Ray Lewis at Linebacker. Only D that Marvin had here was with an elite coordinator in Zimmer. Plus as an added bonus on most 4th downs from here on forward we would be going for it. He could fix this dumpster fire we have now in 1 off season

RE: Rex Ryan for head coach - McC - 12-03-2018

Well, he did get to the AFCCG with Butt Fumble as his QB.

RE: Rex Ryan for head coach - I_C_DeadPeople - 12-03-2018

Rex Ryan trying to talk to Mike Brown...man that would be funny to watch

RE: Rex Ryan for head coach - Bengalfan4life27c - 12-03-2018

He desperately wants another chance to prove he can be a head coach. Imagine the excitement we fans would feel in his opening press conference he would guarantee a playoff win next season and he's likely to back it up.

RE: Rex Ryan for head coach - jason - 12-03-2018

Did a single offensive player develop under Ryan in New York? In Buffalo?

(12-03-2018, 02:58 PM)jason Wrote: Did a single offensive player develop under Ryan in New York? In Buffalo?

What offensive players did he really have?

RE: Rex Ryan for head coach - fredtoast - 12-03-2018

Rex Ryan has losing record for his career (61-66)

In his last 6 years as a head coach he had zero winning seasons and went 41-54.

Is this a joke?

RE: Rex Ryan for head coach - bengalfan74 - 12-03-2018

This team badly needs a new direction. Damn near anybody

(12-03-2018, 03:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rex Ryan has losing record for his career (61-66)

Is this a joke?

Let's compare that to Marv's record since the 8-0 start.

(12-03-2018, 02:58 PM)jason Wrote: Did a single offensive player develop under Ryan in New York? In Buffalo?

That's fair  i will argue though we already have Mixon Green Dalton Glenn Boyd and possibly Ross though

(12-03-2018, 03:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rex Ryan has losing record for his career (61-66)

Is this a joke?

Bills should have gave him another season so this is a smidge misleading

RE: Rex Ryan for head coach - drgonzo - 12-03-2018

How’s his hair?

RE: Rex Ryan for head coach - Au165 - 12-03-2018

...No.

RE: Rex Ryan for head coach - Millhouse - 12-03-2018

Rex would have been a great coach back in the 90's and before, when the game was about the run game and defense more so than today.

Pass on Rex, pun intended.

(12-03-2018, 03:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In his last 6 years as a head coach he had zero winning seasons and went 41-54.

Is this a joke?

(12-03-2018, 03:02 PM)McC Wrote: Let's compare that to Marv's record since the 8-0 start.

In his last 6 seasons Marvin has a record of 56-38-2 with 4 playoff appearances.

RE: Rex Ryan for head coach - motoarch - 12-03-2018

Is this a joke?

How many playoff games did he win?

Asking for a friend cause I agree with you.

(12-03-2018, 03:44 PM)motoarch Wrote: How many playoff games did he win?

Asking for a friend cause I agree with you.

Same number as Rex Ryan won in his last 6 seasons.

I was not the one who brought up Marvin Lewis.  I am just pointing out that Rex Ryan stinks as a head coach.  He had a roster full of Pro Bowl and All Pro players with the Jets and only got 2 winning seasons out of them.

RE: Rex Ryan for head coach - Nebuchadnezzar - 12-03-2018

The game has changed too much for guys like Rex Ryan and Marvin Lewis. Coaches like Belichick, who can change with the game will remain but they are few and far between.

The Bengals need a fresh new coach with innovation not to mention a new GM, so don't expect anything to change.

RE: Rex Ryan for head coach - WHO DEY C85 - 12-03-2018

My concern is that he would bring in his brother to run the Defense. Not sure if the D could be any worse but Rob would give it the old college try.

RE: Rex Ryan for head coach - higgy100 - 12-03-2018

(12-03-2018, 02:49 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Realistic expectations people. Mike Brown is not going to make some innovative hire. or even some innovative first time head coach. chances are he would want to go somewhere else anyway. I personally think he's a more proven defensive genius than Marvin anyway. Only time Marvin had  a good defense as a coordinator was with the Ravens with a generational talent Like Ray Lewis at Linebacker. Only D that Marvin had  here was with an elite coordinator in Zimmer. Plus as an added bonus on most 4th downs from here on forward we would be going for it. He could fix this dumpster fire we have now in 1 off season

Realistic expectations???? How bout' Hugh Jackson because that's YOUR new HC for this cesspool. Count on it..