Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Driskel should be starter next year - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Driskel should be starter next year (/Thread-Driskel-should-be-starter-next-year)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - jj22 - 12-17-2018

I'm shocked the Driskel should start crowd feels empowered to keep the fight up after yesterdays 130 yard outing.

I didn't think it could get much worse then them pumping up his 170 yard outing.

Are you trying to tell me you don't believe Dalton could have gotten 130 yards without AJ? (It's as if they don't have his stats for the games over his 8 years that he played without AJ/Eifert etc).

Is someone going to tell them, or are we just going to let them carry on?

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - Rubekahn29 - 12-17-2018

(12-17-2018, 10:12 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Driskel is not an NFL-caliber QB capable of taking us to the playoffs, and any claim to the contrary is absurd.  I get that some people are sick of Dalton and want to move on from him, but don't let that cloud your judgment.  Take the shades off and open your eyes.

Well considering we haven't gone to the playoffs with Dalton for the past two years and likely would have been a third this year... not much difference between the two. We can't win big with Dalton. We need another QB altogether. 

(12-17-2018, 10:35 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Well considering we haven't gone to the playoffs with Dalton for the past two years and likely would have been a third this year... not much difference between the two. We can't win big with Dalton. We need another QB altogether. 

We said the same thing about Palmer.

Maybe it's time to quit blaming our QB's (and other players) just to see them go on elsewhere and reach their potential.

The players aren't the problem.

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - CJD - 12-17-2018

(12-17-2018, 10:35 AM)jj22 Wrote: I'm shocked the Driskel should start crowd feels empowered to keep the fight up after yesterdays 130 yard outing.

I didn't think it could get much worse then them pumping up his 170 yard outing.

Are you trying to tell me you don't believe Dalton could have gotten 130 yards without AJ? (It's as if they don't have his stats for the games over his 8 years that he played without AJ/Eifert etc).

Is someone going to tell them, or are we just going to let them carry on?

Just like the McCarron brigade before them, I figure we just let them continue on in their fantasy land.

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - bfine32 - 12-17-2018

(12-17-2018, 10:40 AM)jj22 Wrote: We said the same thing about Palmer.

Maybe it's time to quit blaming our QB's (and other players) just to see them go on elsewhere and reach their potential.

Didn't you just dog Driskel?

No, I just don't think he is better than Dalton.

Given the same umbrella of coaching and Ownership I don't think he's shown that.

Which if yall are going to crown him, you should at least wait until he does something worthy of being crowned.

130 and 170 yard outings just isn't it.

To me anyway.

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - fredtoast - 12-17-2018

(12-17-2018, 10:35 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Well considering we haven't gone to the playoffs with Dalton for the past two years and likely would have been a third this year... not much difference between the two.

Kind of like how Khalil Mack was not a good player because the Raiders kept missing the playoffs?

Brilliant logic Rubekahn29.  Can I call you Rube for short?

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - fredtoast - 12-17-2018

(12-16-2018, 10:10 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Accuracy and mechanics can be taught and fixed though, athleticism can not.

Then why not sign Terrell pryor.  He is a better athlete than Dirskel.

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - Goalpost - 12-17-2018

Driskel was listed last Weds on the injury report with a bad shoulder. Anyone know if that was his right shoulder?

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - Au165 - 12-17-2018

He has always thrown guys high from the start. If you remember I tried telling people he struggled that first game because kept making his guys go up and make circus catches and people said "Dalton does too!", but because some of them were caught people didn't care. The guy has always had accuracy issues because he footwork is bad and he throws a lot with pure arm strength. As good an athlete he is, his accuracy issues won't be getting better. History has shown guys with accuracy issues don't get markedly better three years in to the league. He can't read a center fielding safety either to save his life, the one INT was bad and later in the game he almost did it again....but overthrew the WR and in turn the safety undercutting him.

He is a capable back up by today's standards and that is the best takeaway from this whole experience. He can come in and be serviceable in short stints if needed. Expecting a back up QB to be much more than that is for the most part wishful thinking.

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - The Real Deal - 12-17-2018

(12-17-2018, 12:31 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I was thinking Human Centipeding Tate and Core might be a start.

It’s gonna be messy but it just might work!

Side note: possibly the weirdest movie I’ve ever seen.

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - Nicomo Cosca - 12-17-2018

(12-17-2018, 10:40 AM)jj22 Wrote: We said the same thing about Palmer.

Winning one playoff game was not reaching his potential for Palmer. Guy was a #1OA and looked like he could be one of the best QB’s in the league along with the Brady’s, Peyton’s, Brees’, etc early in his career.

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - BengalChris - 12-17-2018

(12-17-2018, 10:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Thank you Donald.

Dalton 2018......89.6 passer rating
Driskel 2018.....79.7 passer rating

I believe he's referring to Dalton's passer rating for games after AJ Green went down, hence the "same weapons" qualifier.

And he could be correct. Dalton had the following passer ratings after AJ went down: NO 61.0, BALT 89.0, CLV 70.7 versus DEN 82.7, LAC 96.2, OAK 51.3 (missing Boyd most of the way).

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - bengalfan74 - 12-17-2018

I seriously doubt Driskel is even the backup next season. In fact I doubt Driskel is a backup anywhere next season. He's horribly inaccurate !

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - mon4078 - 12-17-2018

The people who want Driskel so bad really just want anyone besides Andy. Its just like with McCarron, Andy takes all the blame people don't care if his O-line is trash or if his receivers drop the ball. Heck even AJ has had some bad fumbles and drops that has cost us games. Personally I don't care who is the QB as long as they give us the best chance to win.

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-17-2018

(12-17-2018, 06:13 AM)wolverine515151 Wrote: He's played 4 games as a starter and had 1 below average game, and 3 solid games, that one game is not enough to declare him much worse than Dalton. 

3 > 1 in case you don't know that.  Even in the one bad game, some of that could have been due to scheme and players not getting open. 

I know watching the game that some of those throw were purposely thrown away because some players were not open, or they were thrown to a spot where only the receiver could make a play on the ball and no one else. 

Sounds like a lot of excuse making to me. Mellow 

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - Bengalitis - 12-17-2018

(12-17-2018, 12:08 PM)mon4078 Wrote: The people who want Driskel so bad really just want anyone besides Andy. Its just like with McCarron, Andy takes all the blame people don't care if his O-line is trash or if his receivers drop the ball. Heck even AJ has had some bad fumbles and drops that has cost us games. Personally I don't care who is the QB as long as they give us the best chance to win.

It was good to see the team come off a 5 game losing streak.  Hopefully we end the year on top of the Browns and beat the silly towlers in the game finale. Driskel got his first NFL start win, congratulations!! And almost had one vs the 11-3 bolts.  This kid has potential and once he has AJ GREEN, he will be able to do more. This game vs the eye patches he had a lot of overthrown balls, he'll need to get the worked on. No INTs and like Ross, he'll need more practice to improve on it. Overall, he can lead the team to a winning record in my opinion.

(12-17-2018, 10:58 AM)Au165 Wrote: He has always thrown guys high from the start. If you remember I tried telling people he struggled that first game because kept making his guys go up and make circus catches and people said "Dalton does too!", but because some of them were caught people didn't care. The guy has always had accuracy issues because he footwork is bad and he throws a lot with pure arm strength. As good an athlete he is, his accuracy issues won't be getting better. History has shown guys with accuracy issues don't get markedly better three years in to the league. He can't read a center fielding safety either to save his life, the one INT was bad and later in the game he almost did it again....but overthrew the WR and in turn the safety undercutting him.

He is a capable back up by today's standards and that is the best takeaway from this whole experience. He can come in and be serviceable in short stints if needed. Expecting a back up QB to be much more than that is for the most part wishful thinking.

Yup, but no one's listening.  His last season at U of F, he threw 10 INTs to 9 TDs.  It's the same issues he's always had.....but "derrrrr, hurrrr, durrrr, HE'Z NOT DAWTON!!!!"

(12-17-2018, 11:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Winning one playoff game was not reaching his potential for Palmer. Guy was a #1OA and looked like he could be one of the best QB’s in the league along with the Brady’s, Peyton’s, Brees’, etc early in his career.

He very well could have won one or more the previous season that was cut short.  He was on a roll that year too.  It was just too late at that point, mid 30's and a slew of injuries.  It's still better than he would have ever done here.

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - BengalChris - 12-17-2018

(12-17-2018, 10:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Then why not sign Terrell pryor.  He is a better athlete than Dirskel.

Ah, Pryor can learn? When did that happen?