Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Driskel should be starter next year - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Driskel should be starter next year (/Thread-Driskel-should-be-starter-next-year)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - wolverine515151 - 12-17-2018

(12-17-2018, 05:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hmm

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2018/quarterbacks-and-pressure-2017

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2017/11/22/andy-dalton-is-one-of-nfls-best-when-pressured/

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/10/09/pff-dive-daltons-pressure-points-roethlisbergers-deep-dip/1581728002/

The last article shows that may have been true early in his career, but lately, it's just another narrative debunked.

Dalton is an average qb during the season and well below average in the playoffs. We can do better and add other pieces by either trading him or cutting him. 

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - The Caped Crusader - 12-17-2018

(12-17-2018, 05:20 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: Dalton is an average qb during the season and well below average in the playoffs. We can do better and add other pieces by either trading him or cutting him. 

With your deep (incorrect) analysis of the team, you should be leading it. You can start your third year rookie then. 

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-17-2018

(12-17-2018, 05:20 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: Dalton is an average qb during the season and well below average in the playoffs. We can do better and add other pieces by either trading him or cutting him. 

Did you read those stats?  Top 9 isn't average.  That said, yes, I would be open to trading him if we can sign a comparable FA for cheaper.  I am NOT for drafting a QB this particular year though.

However, if Merv or Hue is the HC next season, it won't really matter much will it?

(12-17-2018, 05:19 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Do you have the numbers to prove it is all AJ Green?

Also, do you watch the Bengals play? How many deep balls do we throw a game? 

About 80% of this deep throws are to AJ Green. There was a stat I saw in an article that ranked his deep accuracy  around 20th out of 32 in the league. 

Who gives a dam how many deep throws we throw per game. What does have to do with anything. Most teams don't throw deep a lot. 

(12-17-2018, 05:22 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: With your deep (incorrect) analysis of the team, you should be leading it. You can start your third year rookie then. 

You actually think Dalton is above average during the year and good in the playoffs. What is incorrect about that. That is a factual statement.

(12-17-2018, 05:25 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: About 80% of this deep throws are to AJ Green. There was a stat I saw in an article that ranked his deep accuracy  around 20th out of 32 in the league. 

Who gives a dam how many deep throws we throw per game. What does have to do with anything. Most teams don't throw deep a lot. 

So, no, you don't have numbers.

You made the argument man, don't bail when it doesn't go your way.

You said Dalton was bad with the deep ball. Others have expressed your wrong with FACTS. You're using arm chair QB analysis that has been proven wrong, time and time again. When you're shown this, via stats, you say, "That's only four games worth of deep balls." Well, when we throw maybe two a game, that would explain that. When shown this, "Who gives a damn."

I mean, at this point, conversing with you is like banging my head against the wall. 

That's only one season worth of stats and i'm saying overall he's an average qb during the year and bad in the playoffs. 

(12-17-2018, 05:27 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: You actually think Dalton is above average during the year and good in the playoffs. What is incorrect about that. That is a factual statement.

Dalton is fine during the year. He is bad during the playoffs. Absolutely nobody is denying that statement.

Then again, the entire team is bad in the playoffs. Including the man who is leading the team. Which also included an entirely different cast of players, that also suffered during the playoffs.

Let Dalton lead under a different Coach. If he sucks, move on. 

That's what I have been saying since Day One. 

RE: Driskel should be starter next year - fredtoast - 12-17-2018

(12-17-2018, 05:01 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: Stop using only active qb's. Use all qb's in the last 8 years. Some of those qb's you are counting are back up qb's . Were talking starters only who have thrown over 750 times, and have played in the past 8 years. 

Okay.  22nd out of 52.  How many games does a QB have to have started over that period to be considered a "starter"?  Every one on that list has at least 20 starts.

(12-17-2018, 05:01 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: He's got an average ranking of 17 out of 32 among starters in the past 8 years.

No he doesn't.  He has an average ranking of 17 among all QBs who attempted enough passes to qualify.  That is usually more than 32.  We have been over this before.

(12-17-2018, 05:28 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: So, no, you don't have numbers.

You made the argument man, don't bail when it doesn't go your way.

You said Dalton was bad with the deep ball. Others have expressed your wrong with FACTS. You're using arm chair QB analysis that has been proven wrong, time and time again. When you're shown this, via stats, you say, "That's only four games worth of deep balls." Well, when we throw maybe two a game, that would explain that. When shown this, "Who gives a damn."

I mean, at this point, conversing with you is like banging my head against the wall  have the numbers that says he;s inaccurate with deep balls. 

He's 20 out of 32 the few seasons they measured his deep ball accuracy. I'm not bailing out of anything.  The qb rating should not be used to measure deep throws you moron. This has been discussed extensively in previous posts. Keep believing your fiction that Dalton has a good deep ball. Keep defending him with your garbage arguments. 

(12-17-2018, 05:25 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: About 80% of this deep throws are to AJ Green. There was a stat I saw in an article that ranked his deep accuracy  around 20th out of 32 in the league. 

Well, if they don't and his numbers at it put him among the league leaders in that category, then doesn't that kind of contradict that he sucks at throwing the deep ball comparitively?

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/4/2/17188798/andy-dalton-is-a-better-deep-ball-passer-than-you-realize

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/5/31/17411014/andy-dalton-among-nfls-most-accurate-quarterbacks-on-certain-throws

Outside the numbers, he is not great, deep posts and seams, he is good.  Actually damn good at it.

(12-17-2018, 05:31 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: He's 20 out of 32 the few season they measured his deep ball accuracy. I'm not bailing out of anything.  The qb rating should not be used to measure deep throws you moron. This has been discussed extensively in previous posts. Keep believing your fiction that Dalton has a good deep ball. Keep defending him with your garbage arguments. 

I opt out of conversations when name calling is applied.

Fair to say, more than likely, you're an adult. If you can't have a civilized conversation without name calling, then I can't really converse with you. You've been proven wrong several times. I'm sorry you feel the need to drop down to child like insults to feel better about the invalid argument you make.

Have a good one. 

(12-17-2018, 05:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: Well, if they don't and his numbers at it put him among the league leaders in that category, then doesn't that kind of contradict that he sucks at throwing the deep ball comparitively?

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/4/2/17188798/andy-dalton-is-a-better-deep-ball-passer-than-you-realize

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/5/31/17411014/andy-dalton-among-nfls-most-accurate-quarterbacks-on-certain-throws

Outside the numbers, he is not great, deep posts and seams, he is good.  Actually damn good at it.

Be careful, he might start name calling you with these facts you're showing him.

I meant, "garbage". 

Interesting fan base we have here. 

(12-17-2018, 03:55 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: You have to be joking. What kind of clown counts sitting on the bench as years.

The kind who understands how valuable it is to be coached and practice for three years in the NFL.

Basically anyone who understands the NFL.

(12-17-2018, 05:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay.  22nd out of 52.  How many games does a QB have to have started over that period to be considered a "starter"?  Every one on that list has at least 20 starts.

No he doesn't.  He has an average ranking of 17 among all QBs who attempted enough passes to qualify.  That is usually more than 32.  We have been over this before.

He has an average ranking of 17 out of 32 starters. Where do you get 52 from. 

I'd say minimum 10 games started. This would include a lot of qb's both past and present. Whats his qb rating when you include a lot of the current starters and past starters? 

(12-17-2018, 05:28 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: That's only one season worth of stats and i'm saying overall he's an average qb during the year and bad in the playoffs. 

The last article had those numbers from every year of his career. Mellow

I'd say he's above average regular season, and bad in the playoffs.

(12-17-2018, 05:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The kind who understands how valuable it is to be coached and practice for three years in the NFL.

Basically anyone who understands the NFL.

You have to be joking. You learn from playing in actual games, not in practice, where your not even allowed to use pads much, and nobody is pressuring the qb like in an actual game.  

You clearly don't understand the game much do you.

(12-17-2018, 05:31 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: He's 20 out of 32 the few seasons they measured his deep ball accuracy.

Let me guess.  This is from the same source that says Driskel is a rookie, only 32 QBs qualify for ranking every year, and Green has been the best WR in the league since 2011.

Amiright?

Smirk

(12-17-2018, 05:34 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Be careful, he might start name calling you with these facts you're showing him.

I meant, "garbage". 

Interesting fan base we have here. 

The numbers are what they are.  No one is saying the guy is elite.  No one is saying it isn't time to look for a replacement.  What people are saying, actually, is, that he is better than he gets credit for.  People are also saying, Driskel is not the answer, this year is a bad draft for QBs, and if you trade him, you're going to need to find someone at least comparable to have any measure of success.

(12-17-2018, 05:37 PM)Wyche Wrote: The last article had those numbers from every year of his career. Mellow

I'd say he's above average regular season, and bad in the playoffs.

His has an average of 17 out of 32. They rank 32 starters every year and that's what his average ranking is among the starters.

Saying he's above average during the season is being generous.