Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Congrats Geno - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Congrats Geno (/Thread-Congrats-Geno)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Congrats Geno - bfine32 - 12-18-2018

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-pro-bowl-selections-announced-patrick-mahomes-leads-afc-first-nod-012338702.html

Our only Pro Bowler

RE: Congrats Geno - Socal Bengals fan - 12-18-2018

Geno!!

RE: Congrats Geno - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-18-2018

Nice. Glad for Geno.

RE: Congrats Geno - bengalfan74 - 12-18-2018

Great job Geno

RE: Congrats Geno - wolfkaosaun - 12-19-2018

Happy for him.
That's his 7th, tying him for 2nd all time in the franchise (AJ Green is also tied with 7 Pro Bowl selections)

RE: Congrats Geno - Nicomo Cosca - 12-19-2018

(12-19-2018, 02:40 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Happy for him.
That's his 7th, tying him for 2nd all time in the franchise (AJ Green is also tied with 7 Pro Bowl selections)

And Geno would have 8 if not for the injury in 13.

RE: Congrats Geno - Atomic Orange - 12-19-2018

Popularity contest it seems as Geno kind of disappeared for a long stretch there. Mixon (AFC rushing leader - 4th overall while missing 2 games - and having a coach that just figured out how to use him) is far more worthy if they must only send one Bengals player.

Oh, and a crap O'line.

RE: Congrats Geno - Catmandude123 - 12-19-2018

(12-19-2018, 09:07 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Popularity contest it seems as Geno kind of disappeared for a long stretch there. Mixon (AFC rushing leader - 4th overall while missing 2 games - and having a coach that just figured out how to use him) is far more worthy if they must only send one Bengals player.

Oh, and a crap O'line.

Take away the two against a terrible Miami team and the three he had against the lowly Raiders and he has five sacks in 12 games , not exactly pro bowl stats. One sack and only four QB hits in a eight game stretch (seven of those games were losses) looks pathetic for a first team all pro. The Bengals pay him superstar money he needs to play that way against the good teams too.

RE: Congrats Geno - MentalRage - 12-19-2018

(12-19-2018, 10:27 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Take away the two against a terrible Miami team and the three he had against the lowly Raiders and he has five sacks in 12 games , not exactly pro bowl stats. One sack in a eight game stretch (seven of those games were losses) looks pathetic for a first team all pro. The Bengals pay him superstar money he needs to play that way against the good teams too.

I'm sick of Bengals fans ripping on their best players. If you look at Geno's numbers he is literally playing like he has his whole career. He ranks third at his position with 54 total pressures. That's still elite. 

He already has more sacks this year (10) than last season (9) and the year before (9).

He has 13 tfl this season. Last year he had 10 and the year before he had 13.

The stats show he is still really damn good. I know people like to compare him to Donald, but I see that as a bit unfair. Donald is 3 years younger and might go down as the best DT of all time when it's all said and done.

I'll also add that Geno needs more help. The loss of Glasgow/Lawson hurt him. Now teams can double him/Dunlap all game long because they know no one else can win 1v1.

I'm pretty tired of the "Geno sucks" narrative.

RE: Congrats Geno - jason - 12-19-2018

Driskell didn't make it huh?

RE: Congrats Geno - jason - 12-19-2018

(12-19-2018, 10:27 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Take away the two against a terrible Miami team and the three he had against the lowly Raiders and he has five sacks in 12 games , not exactly pro bowl stats. One sack and only four QB hits in a eight game stretch (seven of those games were losses) looks pathetic for a first team all pro. The Bengals pay him superstar money he needs to play that way against the good teams too.

Well if we're doing that... If you take away all if his sacks, he doesn't have any. What a scrub!!!

With all the losing this team has done in the last 3 decades, you'd think we'd handle it better as a fan base.

RE: Congrats Geno - Nicomo Cosca - 12-19-2018

(12-19-2018, 10:45 AM)MentalRage Wrote: I'm sick of Bengals fans ripping on their best players. If you look at Geno's numbers he is literally playing like he has his whole career. He ranks third at his position with 54 total pressures. That's still elite. 

He already has more sacks this year (10) than last season (9) and the year before (9).

The stats show he is still really damn good. I know people like to compare him to Donald, but I see that as a bit unfair. Donald is 3 years younger and might go down as the best DT of all time when it's all said and done.

I'll also add that Geno needs more help. The loss of Glasgow/Lawson hurt him. Now teams can double him/Dunlap all game long because they know no one else can win 1v1.

Literally no one is going to say Geno sucks. But he did rack up all those numbers in basically 2-3 games. He went through an 8 game stretch where he only had 1 sack and seemed like a total non-factor for weeks at a time.

He’s obviously still a hell of a player, but this was s down year for him, idc what the stats say. Most that watched all the games would agree.

(12-19-2018, 11:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Literally no one is going to say Geno sucks. But he did rack up all those numbers in basically 2-3 games. He went through an 8 game stretch where he only had 1 sack and seemed like a total non-factor for weeks at a time.

He’s obviously still a hell of a player, but this was s down year for him, idc what the stats say. Most that watched all the games would agree.

Lol yeah man the stats must be wrong. You're right.

I think if you took away every players best 3 games their stats would look very different. So idk what you're trying to prove.

(12-19-2018, 10:45 AM)MentalRage Wrote: I'm sick of Bengals fans ripping on their best players. If you look at Geno's numbers he is literally playing like he has his whole career. He ranks third at his position with 54 total pressures. That's still elite. 

Nobody said he sucks I just commented that when you literally disappear for half the season you aren't are not first team pro bowl worthy. Lets see how he does against the Browns.

RE: Congrats Geno - I_C_DeadPeople - 12-19-2018

Mikey can now see this season as a success

(12-19-2018, 11:49 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Nobody said he sucks I just commented that when you literally disappear for half the season you aren't are not first team pro bowl worthy. Lets see how he does against the Browns.

He's third in total pressures at his position. If he actually disappeared for the half the season do you think he'd be ranked that high?

RE: Congrats Geno - Stewy - 12-19-2018

(12-19-2018, 10:27 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Take away the two against a terrible Miami team and the three he had against the lowly Raiders and he has five sacks in 12 games , not exactly pro bowl stats. One sack and only four QB hits in a eight game stretch (seven of those games were losses) looks pathetic for a first team all pro. The Bengals pay him superstar money he needs to play that way against the good teams too.

Wow.  Congratulations on earning "One of the dumbest things I've ever read on these forums award."  Considering some of the garbage that people post, you should feel truly honored.

RE: Congrats Geno - Stewy - 12-19-2018

(12-19-2018, 11:55 AM)MentalRage Wrote: He's third in total pressures at his position. If he actually disappeared for the half the season do you think he'd be ranked that high?

I'm sure he did that mostly in one game or something......

(12-19-2018, 11:26 AM)jason Wrote: Well if we're doing that... If you take away all if his sacks, he doesn't have any. What a scrub!!!

With all the losing this team has done in the last 3 decades, you'd think we'd handle it better as a fan base.

I would rather he had seven sacks against good teams than 12 against only the scrub teams. You do realize that he has ZERO sacks in the last five Steelers games? If the teams highest paid players can't do well against our division rival we can expect the results.

RE: Congrats Geno - J24 - 12-19-2018

Dude gets contantly double teamed, has played for a team that for the majority of year plays soft coverage, and he hasn't played many Games with huge leads.
While I think it is fair to say his season was a dissapointment after they way it started for him it was still a great year for any DT. He did his job; we need more Geno's not less.