Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Trump admin bans Bump Stocks - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Trump admin bans Bump Stocks (/Thread-Trump-admin-bans-Bump-Stocks)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Trump admin bans Bump Stocks - bfine32 - 12-19-2018

In a move that will cause heads to explode on both sides:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/why-isn-t-nra-screaming-194031827.html

Quote:The administration revealed final regulatory language Tuesday, banning the devices roughly 90 days from now. Existing owners will not be compensated — they must either destroy their bump stocks or surrender them at a local ATF office. “Options for destroying the devices include melting, crushing, or shredding,” the rule advises. With plastic bump stocks, “individuals can use a hammer to break apart the devices.” A cost estimate, included with the rule, anticipates that owners will have to destroy as many as 500,000 bump-stocks, worth approximately $100 million. (The devices currently retail at prices ranging from $100 to $425.)

RE: Trump admin bans Bump Stocks - SunsetBengal - 12-19-2018

Even the shittiest hunters that I know, don't need to replicate machine gun fire, in order to miss a deer..

RE: Trump admin bans Bump Stocks - Belsnickel - 12-19-2018

Hey, two times in recent days I am applauding the administration.

RE: Trump admin bans Bump Stocks - fredtoast - 12-19-2018

Good move. I don't care which side did it.

RE: Trump admin bans Bump Stocks - Yojimbo - 12-19-2018

Good move.

RE: Trump admin bans Bump Stocks - NATI BENGALS - 12-19-2018

God damn nuts. First New York legalizes nunchucks and now i cant even reasonably defend myself with a heavily modified automatic AR-15. I guess Isis was the Foot Clan all along.

RE: Trump admin bans Bump Stocks - GMDino - 12-19-2018

Is there anyone complaining except the NRA and the more fringe members of the gun loving community?

Glad they did something.

RE: Trump admin bans Bump Stocks - Au165 - 12-20-2018

I think I would have liked to seen some sort of buy back or tax credit to try and get more of them out of circulation willingly. I think there is something difficult about telling people the thing they bought in the last year is now illegal and your only option is to burn it, shred it, trash it, etc. I think that just builds disdain making people want to hold them in secrecy until the one day they may want to actually use them.

RE: Trump admin bans Bump Stocks - BmorePat87 - 12-20-2018

good move

RE: Trump admin bans Bump Stocks - mallorian69 - 12-20-2018

(12-20-2018, 09:43 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think I would have liked to seen some sort of buy back or tax credit to try and get more of them out of circulation willingly. I think there is something difficult about telling people the thing they bought in the last year is now illegal and your only option is to burn it, shred it, trash it, etc. I think that just builds disdain making people want to hold them in secrecy until the one day they may want to actually use them.
I agree. If you can lawfully obtain and true automatic weapon by submitting to a more thorough background check and paying a tax, owners of bump stocks should be allowed to go through the same process or have the government buy them back. 

(12-20-2018, 11:11 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: I agree. If you can lawfully obtain and true automatic weapon by submitting to a more thorough background check and paying a tax, owners of bump stocks should be allowed to go through the same process or have the government buy them back. 

Not into letting them keep them. My issue is there is no registry of them and we can't undo that genie, so tracking who has them would be difficult. I just want to let them get something back before we criminalize the possession of them. 

RE: Trump admin bans Bump Stocks - bfine32 - 12-20-2018

(12-20-2018, 09:43 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think I would have liked to seen some sort of buy back or tax credit to try and get more of them out of circulation willingly. I think there is something difficult about telling people the thing they bought in the last year is now illegal and your only option is to burn it, shred it, trash it, etc. I think that just builds disdain making people want to hold them in secrecy until the one day they may want to actually use them.

Are you suggesting buying them back with Public funds?

RE: Trump admin bans Bump Stocks - jj22 - 12-20-2018

Good move. But I must troll Republicans and say that all these years of threats and conspiracy theories of Obama taking away your guns and it ends up being Trump.

(12-20-2018, 02:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are you suggesting buying them back with Public funds?

Yes, that or a tax credit. You can pick however you want to approach it.

RE: Trump admin bans Bump Stocks - BengalHawk62 - 12-20-2018

(12-20-2018, 02:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: Good move. But I must troll Republicans and say that all these years of threats and conspiracy theories of Obama taking away your guns and it ends up being Trump.

I find the humor in that irony as well. 

(12-20-2018, 02:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: Good move. But I must troll Republicans and say that all these years of threats and conspiracy theories of Obama taking away your guns and it ends up being Trump.

So it ends up being the GOP that actually begins enacting sensible gun laws. I expect many to start changing Political affiliation. 

RE: Trump admin bans Bump Stocks - GMDino - 12-20-2018

(12-20-2018, 06:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So it ends up being the GOP that actually begins enacting sensible gun laws. I expect many to start changing Political affiliation. 

You spelled "It ends up the Republicans AGREE To sensible gun laws when they think it will make them look good" wrong.

(12-20-2018, 06:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: You spelled "It ends up the Republicans AGREE To sensible gun laws when they think it will make them look good" wrong.

I can always count on you to tell me what I really said. 

RE: Trump admin bans Bump Stocks - GMDino - 12-20-2018

(12-20-2018, 06:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I can always count on you to tell me what I really said. 

Awww...no.  I told you what happened.  Don't take it personally...that makes life too hard.

RE: Trump admin bans Bump Stocks - bfine32 - 03-26-2019

The ban takes affect today:
https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/03/26/its-time-to-destroy-or-turn-over-your-bump-stocks-heres-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-ban-going-into-effect-tuesday/

Quote:The federal ban on bump stocks takes effect Tuesday, more than a year after the device was used in the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history. Anyone who owns the dangerous gadget, which is now officially designated as a “machine gun,” must immediately destroy it or turn it over.

I'm sure we can all join in and applaud the current administration.