Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Your Top 10 Alltime SNL Cast Members - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Klotsch (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Klotsch)
+--- Thread: Your Top 10 Alltime SNL Cast Members (/Thread-Your-Top-10-Alltime-SNL-Cast-Members)

Pages: 1 2

Your Top 10 Alltime SNL Cast Members - Bengalzona - 12-20-2018

Based only on their SNL time.

Here is mine:

1) John Belushi - He was the top star on the show during the early years, without doubt. And that was among a pretty talented group.
2) Eddie Murphy - The only thing that kept the show afloat during the "Dark Years"
3) Dana Carvey - He and Mike Myers brought the 'funny' back to the show.
4) Mike Myers - see above
5) Gilda Radner - Created some awesome characters.
6) Will Farrell - His film career overshadows his SNL work. But did some memorable skits there as well.
7) Chris Farley - Like Gilda, created some awesome charcaters.
8) Phil Hartman - A personal favorite. Played an excellent 'straight guy'.
9) Dan Aykroyd - Always seemed to be behind the scenes. But if you look, he was in many of the funniest skits in the early years. Another great 'straight guy'.
10) Bill Murray - Post SNL work was funnier than his time in the cast, but he had his moments, IMO.

What is your list?

RE: Your Top 10 Alltime SNL Cast Members - bengalfan74 - 12-20-2018

SNL to me will always be the late 70's early 80's bunch

John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd, Chevy Chase, Gilda Radner, Jane Curtin, Bill Murray, Eddie Murphy.

After like 85 or so I haven't watched a handful of episodes. Think I watched a tiny bit in early 90's.

RE: Your Top 10 Alltime SNL Cast Members - ballsofsteel - 12-20-2018

(12-20-2018, 04:23 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Based only on their SNL time.

Here is mine:

1) John Belushi - He was the top star on the show during the early years, without doubt. And that was among a pretty talented group.
2) Eddie Murphy - The only thing that kept the show afloat during the "Dark Years"
6) Will Farrell - His film career overshadows his SNL work. But did some memorable skits there as well.
9) Dan Aykroyd - Always seemed to be behind the scenes. But if you look, he was in many of the funniest skits in the early years. Another great 'straight guy'.
10) Bill Murray - Post SNL work was funnier than his time in the cast, but he had his moments, IMO.  

What is your list?
Your list looks about right to me! ThumbsUp

RE: Your Top 10 Alltime SNL Cast Members - BFritz21 - 12-20-2018

How can you possibly leave Adam Sandler off the list?!

RE: Your Top 10 Alltime SNL Cast Members - Millhouse - 12-21-2018

Since I am obviously not as old as the op, I have to exclude the 70's and most of the 80s (Eddie), as I only saw them via skit reruns over the years. Also didn't watch as much after 2000sh or so when Tina Fey and others were on.

1. Will Ferrell
2. Chris Farley
3. Phil Hartman
4. Dana Carvey
5. Adam Sandler
6. Mike Myers
7. Ana Gastmeyer
8. Darrell Hammond
9. Norm MacDonald
10. Kevin Nealon

RE: Your Top 10 Alltime SNL Cast Members - sandwedge - 12-21-2018

(12-20-2018, 04:23 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Based only on their SNL time.

Here is mine:

What is your list?
I would say that is very close to mine. I never had a chance to watch thru the 90's or up until 5-6 years ago and it wasn't even close to being funny.

RE: Your Top 10 Alltime SNL Cast Members - BengalsRocker - 12-21-2018

In no particular order

1.Phil Hartman
2.Dana Carvey
3.Adam Sandler
4.David Spade
5.Julia Sweeny
6.Darrell Hammond
7.Ana Gastmeyer
8.Mike Myers
9.Kevin Nealon
10.Will Ferrell

Belushi, Akroyd, Murray, Chase, Curtain were great but the humor is very very dated for my taste.

Was never a fan of Radner.

Hammond is very underrated for SNL. He did some great stuff even when the cast was weaker.

RE: Your Top 10 Alltime SNL Cast Members - Beaker - 12-21-2018

My list = the original cast.

RE: Your Top 10 Alltime SNL Cast Members - Bengalzona - 12-21-2018

(12-21-2018, 08:59 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: In no particular order

1.Phil Hartman
2.Dana Carvey
3.Adam Sandler
4.David Spade
5.Julia Sweeny
6.Darrell Hammond
7.Ana Gastmeyer
8.Mike Myers
9.Kevin Nealon
10.Will Ferrell

Belushi, Akroyd, Murray, Chase, Curtain were great but the humor is very very dated for my taste.

Was never a fan of Radner.

Hammond is very underrated for SNL.  He did some great stuff even when the cast was weaker.

I forgot about David Spade. He had some good characters too.

RE: Your Top 10 Alltime SNL Cast Members - Bengalzona - 12-21-2018

(12-20-2018, 07:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How can you possibly leave Adam Sandler off the list?!

He was a bit of an acquired taste that I never fully acquired on SNL.

That said, I have enjoyed a lot of his movies. Especially the "Waterboy".

"Fooseball is da Devil's game!!!"

(12-21-2018, 10:24 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: He was a bit of an acquired taste that I never fully acquired on SNL.

That said, I have enjoyed a lot of his movies. Especially the "Waterboy".

"Fooseball is da Devil's game!!!"

I actually liked Will Ferrell more on SNL.

He has a couple decent movies but for the most part I find them incredibly stupid.

So I can relate liking someone but in different context.

I find Mike Myers to be highly annoying at this point in his career (if you'd call it that).

Jan Hooks was a great cast member from the 90s as well.

RE: Your Top 10 Alltime SNL Cast Members - Tiger Teeth - 12-22-2018

1. Chris Farley
2. John Belushi
3. Dan Akroyd
4. Phil Hartman
5. Chevy Chase
6. David Spade
7. Will Farrell
8. Steve Martin
9. Eddie Murphy
10. Adam Sandler

RE: Your Top 10 Alltime SNL Cast Members - BmorePat87 - 12-22-2018

Farley, Hartman, Ferrell, McDonald, Spade, Sandler, M. Myers, Hammond, Hader, and Morgan.

I'm a bit biased towards the early 90's era. I almost said Amy Poehler, but I think she was far better on UCB and Parks and Rec than she was ever given the oppurtunity to be on SNL.

RE: Your Top 10 Alltime SNL Cast Members - Bengalzona - 12-22-2018

(12-22-2018, 12:56 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Farley, Hartman, Ferrell, McDonald, Spade, Sandler, M. Myers, Hammond, Hader, and Morgan.

I'm a bit biased towards the early 90's era. I almost said Amy Poehler, but I think she was far better on UCB and Parks and Rec than she was ever given the oppurtunity to be on SNL.

I agree about Amy Poehler. Really liked her on Parks and Rec. ThumbsUp

Who was the blonde woman with the curly hair who always played ditzy characters? I think it was late 80's or early 90's. Can't remember her name. But she made me laugh sometimes.

RE: Your Top 10 Alltime SNL Cast Members - BmorePat87 - 12-22-2018

(12-22-2018, 01:09 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: I agree about Amy Poehler. Really liked her on Parks and Rec. ThumbsUp

Who was the blonde woman with the curly hair who always played ditzy characters? I think it was late 80's or early 90's. Can't remember her name. But she made me laugh sometimes.

Victoria Jackson, now known for her Republican point of view on social media

(12-21-2018, 11:00 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I actually liked Will Ferrell more on SNL.

He has a couple decent movies but for the most part I find them incredibly stupid.

So I can relate liking someone but in different context.

I find Mike Myers to be highly annoying at this point in his career (if you'd call it that).

Yeah, Mike Myers film career started out pretty good ("Wayne's World", "Austin Powers", "I Married and Axe Murderer", etc.), and then it fell totally off the tracks. One too many "Austin Powers" movies. Did he even make any movies after "Love Guru" flopped?

(12-22-2018, 01:11 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Victoria Jackson, now known for her Republican point of view on social media

That's her! Thank you, sir.

She was funny on SNL, especially when she was opposite Phil Hartman. Not so funny off of it.

A blast from the past:

https://view.yahoo.com/show/saturday-night-live/clip/4959494/samurai-night-fever

RE: Your Top 10 Alltime SNL Cast Members - fredtoast - 12-22-2018

I could post two totally different lists. One based on who was funny on SNL and one based on who had the best overall career.

For example Julie Louis-Dreyfus is an amazing comic actress but did nothing memorable when she was a SNL castmember.