Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Who do you want as the next head coach? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Who do you want as the next head coach? (/Thread-Who-do-you-want-as-the-next-head-coach)

Pages: 1 2

Who do you want as the next head coach? - J24 - 12-21-2018

Freddie Kitchens- Offensive play caller for the Browns who has helped turn around the browns offense along with Baker Mayfield.

Andy Reid- could get fired in KC if he goes one and done again in the playoffs. (1-4 currently in KC)

Mike Zimmer- again could be fired in Minnesota for playoff record reasoning and QB reasons.

Kris Richard- defensive play caller who has turned around a Dallas defense that was mediocre.

Lincoln Riley- Oklahoma head coach who coaches a high powered offense

Nick Sabin- probably the greatest college coach ever who has an axe to grind in the NFL.

Eric Bienemy- Former Bengal and Andy Reid-disciple.

Josh McDaniels- long time offensive coordinator for the Patriots

Lane Kiffin- he has a lot of Swag and he is a good offensive mind. Yeah he has baggage but at the very least he would bring a ton energy to the team.

RE: Who do you want as the next head coach? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-21-2018

Haven't voted yet but man i would love to have anyone of these guys.

Might want to go with someone who is fresh though instead of guys like Reid even though i would love having him
as our HC too, but his Playoff record with the Chiefs does give me pause. I like Richard, Bienemy and Riley for these
reasons as they are younger and this seems the way we should go with a young innovative mind.

Really like how Richard gets his Secondary pumped up in Dallas.

Saban would be fine with me too even with his failure in the pros up to this point.

Bottom line i would like any of these guys as our next HC.

RE: Who do you want as the next head coach? - Whatever - 12-21-2018

Mike McCarthy should really be in this poll. Also, if we're talking hypothetical firings, so should Jay Gruden and John Harbaugh.

RE: Who do you want as the next head coach? - Yojimbo - 12-21-2018

I like Biennemy and Richard. Time for some young blood that can adapt to a new style NFL.

RE: Who do you want as the next head coach? - The Caped Crusader - 12-21-2018

I'm not even sure, to be honest with you.

I'm still not convinced Marvin packs his desk up at the end of the year.

RE: Who do you want as the next head coach? - XenoMorph - 12-21-2018

If Marvin Goes... I'm fine with any new direction.... They all bring something different.. Would prefer an offensive minded coach this time though.

Or if a Defensive minded coach one that lets the OC run his offense for him.

RE: Who do you want as the next head coach? - XenoMorph - 12-21-2018

(12-21-2018, 04:54 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Freddie Kitchens- Offensive play caller for the Browns who has helped turn around the browns offense along with Baker Mayfield.

Andy Reid- could get fired in KC if he goes one and done again in the playoffs. (1-4 currently in KC)

Mike Zimmer- again could be fired in Minnesota for playoff record reasoning and QB reasons.

Kris Richard- defensive play caller who has turned around a Dallas defense that was mediocre.

Lincoln Riley- Oklahoma head coach who coaches a high powered offense

Nick Sabin- probably the greatest college coach ever who has an axe to grind in the NFL.

Eric Bienemy- Former Bengal and Andy Reid-disciple.

Josh McDaniels- long time offensive coordinator for the Patriots

Lane Kiffin-  he has a lot of Swag and he is a good offensive mind. Yeah he has baggage but at the very least he would bring a ton energy to the team.

getting some of these guys here will be ruff I think...  

but a good list of outside canidates.

If looking at the current staff to promote from within.   I'd maybe give Simmons a shot before any of the others on the staff. 

I like what hue did here as OC for the most part some of it was a little to much moving and cost us.   But if he was the coach I don't know how well him and lazor will mess on offense. (assuming we retain most of the staff with hue as HC)

RE: Who do you want as the next head coach? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-21-2018

(12-21-2018, 05:41 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I'm not even sure, to be honest with you.

I'm still not convinced Marvin packs his desk up at the end of the year.

Yeah i will believe it when i see it, sad stuff. Sad

RE: Who do you want as the next head coach? - bengalfan74 - 12-21-2018

I want a younger, offensive minded, outside HC with basically no ties to current regime. Someone in tune with modern NFL offenses.

Yes everybody will say but.... he has no HC experience. Every HC was brand new at the job at one point.

Matt Lafleur comes to mind. Bienemy as well.

(12-21-2018, 06:17 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I want a younger, offensive minded, outside HC with basically no ties to current regime. Someone in tune with modern NFL offenses.

Yes everybody will say but.... he has no HC experience. Every HC was brand new at the job at one point.

Matt Lafleur comes to mind. Bienemy as well.

Would be happy with Lafleur too and Vic Fangio even if he is a Defensive coach, what matters is a coach that is
aggressive. Let Fangio pick an innovative OC of his liking.

RE: Who do you want as the next head coach? - J24 - 12-21-2018

(12-21-2018, 05:15 PM)Whatever Wrote: Mike McCarthy should really be in this poll.  Also, if we're talking hypothetical firings, so should Jay Gruden and John Harbaugh.

Then vote other.

RE: Who do you want as the next head coach? - Bengalsrob - 12-21-2018

I voted Bienemy but at this point I'd take Sunset Bengal for head coach and Harley Dog as the waterboy....free beer for everyone!!!

RE: Who do you want as the next head coach? - SunsetBengal - 12-21-2018

Sorry, but to me this looks like just another "drawing at straws" thread. Didn't we have one, just like this one, a couple of weeks ago??

Until Marvin is fired or steps down, I can't participate in "Who should be our next Coach" threads.

RE: Who do you want as the next head coach? - bengals73 - 12-21-2018

Does it really even matter with The Scrooge as the Owner?

RE: Who do you want as the next head coach? - BFritz21 - 12-21-2018

I remember watching Chris Berman every Sunday night before the wreck and loving hearing him say "Eric 'sleeping with' Bieniemy"!

That said, I want a proven head coach. We have the talent, so we need a guy to come in here that's proven and that the players will respect (I realize they'll respect anyone more than Marvin) and someone that they believe in from the get-go that will take us where we need to go.

I like Reid but don't think he has the authoritative personality that this team needs (or the energy).

I love Zimmer but I don't think he has what it takes to be a head coach.

I think Kitchens has a spicy enough personality to get the team fired up and demand respect at the same time.

Don't want defensive-minded or a college coach.

RE: Who do you want as the next head coach? - THE PISTONS - 12-22-2018

(12-21-2018, 07:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sorry, but to me this looks like just another "drawing at straws" thread.  Didn't we have one, just like this one, a couple of weeks ago??

Until Marvin is fired or steps down, I can't participate in "Who should be our next Coach" threads.

I'm sure Nick Saban is just waiting by his phone to hear the vaunted Bengals job has opened up!  Hilarious

RE: Who do you want as the next head coach? - Whatever - 12-22-2018

I don't get the thought process on Bienemy or Kitchens at all. I realize everyone is wanting the next Doug Pederson, but he had 3 years as an NFL coordinator before landing the Eagles gig. Bienemy and Kitchens don't even have one full year as coordinators and we're going to make them the HC and give them major control over the roster, as well.

Lane Kiffin is coaching in Conference USA for a reason. He's underachieved pretty much every place he's been.

Reid is basically the new Marty Schottenheimer, or in other words an incremental step up from Marvin.

I would maybe consider Riley depending on how the Sooner's season plays out. I'm not terribly keen on a college coach that has never won a bowl game after Marvin's big game struggles.

Sabin isn't coming here unless Mikey changes his will and leaves him a majority stake in the team when he dies.

Richard is kind of intriguing.

Zimmer would be a solid hire. This team definitely lacks when it comes to discipline and he already has the respect of the old guard players. My big concern is he would leave the majority of Marv's staff intact.

McDaniels has the pedigree and prior experience, but the failures of the Belicek coaching tree make me a little gun shy.

I would say Mike McCarthy out of everyone known to be looking for a job. I think we need someone with experience and hiring a HC with a ring sends the message that we're serious about winning and just sliding into the playoffs isn't good enough anymore. He would also have the credibility to lean on Mike for changes since he knows what is needed to win it all.

RE: Who do you want as the next head coach? - DesertBengal - 12-22-2018

I'm not getting my hopes up on a Marvin firing this year, after being left at the alter last year.

However, my choice for coaching staff would be:

HC - Bienemy
DC - Todd Bowles
OC - Hue

But with Bowles it likely require a move to a 3-4 defence.

RE: Who do you want as the next head coach? - Bilbo Saggins - 12-22-2018

If we're dreaming, give me Reid or Harbaugh. No idea why they'd get rid of Reid on the heels of Mahomes's breakout season unless they think that their OC is that good and don't want him to be stolen away by another team. Even then, that would be really ballsy.

RE: Who do you want as the next head coach? - bengaloo - 12-22-2018

I think Marvin will finish out his contract next season, but I'd take a few off that list and be happy. Jack Del Rio could be another name to add to it.

I no longer care if its an offensive or defensive minded coach. I just want a coach with a plan for the team as a whole, who will install an attitude and discipline team wide and emphasize a serious work ethic. We need a new improved mindset here.