Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Lewis Out!! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Lewis Out!! (/Thread-Lewis-Out)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Lewis Out!! - I_C_DeadPeople - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 01:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: Believe me, I know all too well it could.

Having said that, Piano Man is gone, Zampese, and now Marvin.  Almost 60 years of combined tenure has been shown the door in a year and a half. That's SO "un-Mike Brown".

And we only need one more long time tenured person to walk out the door...

RE: Lewis Out!! - Bengalzona - 12-31-2018

I'm thinking the move is probably a couple of years too late. A couple of years ago, the team was stronger and had more to offer a potential incoming HC to make it a more attractive job. Just my two cents.

RE: Lewis Out!! - XenoMorph - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 01:36 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I mean he did win a playoff game and made it to the NFC championship in his 3rd or 4th year?? That's not too shabby. 

took that team added an 84 mil QB and missed the playoffs?

RE: Lewis Out!! - fredtoast - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 01:38 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: He's done quite well in Minnesota. If his franchise didn't drink in the Kirk Koolaid they'd probably have had a much more productive season this year.

I'd take Zimmer in a heartbeat. We should be so lucky. 

Cousins was not the problem.  He had 4000+ yds, 30 tds and a 100 passer rating.

Zimmer could not make the playoffs with a team that was willing to spend huge amounts of money on free agents.  How do you expect him to win in Cincinnati?

RE: Lewis Out!! - HarleyDog - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 01:42 PM)Beaker Wrote: It would be great if they would send hue to baltimore.  Ninja

Yes it would. I doubt even McDonalds in Baltimore or anywhere else would even hire him.

RE: Lewis Out!! - Fan_in_Kettering - 12-31-2018

Losing to Cleveland twice was the straw that broke the camel’s back, so to speak, and going 1-5 in the division didn’t help Marvin’s chances either.

RE: Lewis Out!! - Au165 - 12-31-2018

The thing we have going for us is that if a young guy wants his first HC crack or a college coach for that matter, the NFL has been chewing them up and spitting them out after 1 or 2 years. The Bengals can offer a track record of loyalty to them and tell them they have time to build their team. A lot of teams can't look at a first time candidate and say that.

RE: Lewis Out!! - Nately120 - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 01:42 PM)Beaker Wrote: It would be great if they would send hue to baltimore.  Ninja

Great, then he'll just end up back here getting stared down by Lamar Jackson.

RE: Lewis Out!! - Bengalitis - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 01:31 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: As long as the interview was for offensive coordinator I’m not going to complain — but this is the fastest I’ve ever seen Mike Brown move.

By the time you fire someone, you already have an idea which direction you're moving forward. I don't have a good feeling about this.

RE: Lewis Out!! - Rubekahn29 - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 01:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Rock On
took that team added an 84 mil QB and missed the playoffs?

I put that more on FO. I have never believed in Cousins. For some reason everyone believed he was the second coming. 

RE: Lewis Out!! - RunKijanaRun - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 01:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Cousins was not the problem.  He had 4000+ yds, 30 tds and a 100 passer rating.

Zimmer could not make the playoffs with a team that was willing to spend huge amounts of money on free agents.  How do you expect him to win in Cincinnati?

They won BC (before Cousins). His acquisition was just stupid. They had a good thing going. KC has never won anywhere. 

For crying out loud, if not for Blair Walsh missing a kick most middle schoolers would make, who knows how much more they would have won.

You act as though he's been some sort of epic failure over there. 

RE: Lewis Out!! - McC - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 01:46 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: They won BC (before Cousins). His acquisition was just stupid. They had a good thing going. KC has never won anywhere. 

For crying out loud, if not for Blair Walsh missing a kick most middle schoolers would make, who knows how much more they would have won.

You act as though he's been some sort of epic failure over there. 

Their front office messed with the mojo and it came back and bit them right in the arse.

RE: Lewis Out!! - Atomic Orange - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 01:19 PM)McC Wrote: Wonder if anyone calls Marvin.

If you want to get back to .500 you most definitely call Marvin. 

16 years of evidence to support that.

RE: Lewis Out!! - Nately120 - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 01:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Cousins was not the problem.  He had 4000+ yds, 30 tds and a 100 passer rating.

Cousins' record vs winning teams hit 4-25 with the loss to the Bears yesterday.  His stats are pretty, but the guy just doesn't get it done and his first year in Minnesota was a flop, so it's hard to keep assuming it he left his big game-wilting ways in Washington.  It's not all on him, but it's hard to ignore his complicity in it all.

Right now Cousins looks like a more purple version of Stafford, to me.

But I'm not saying they should have stuck with Keenum. That guy was a one year wonder. Hell, the whole team may have been.

RE: Lewis Out!! - Nicomo Cosca - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 01:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Cousins' record vs winning teams hit 4-25 with the loss to the Bears yesterday.  His stats are pretty, but the guy just doesn't get it done and his first year in Minnesota was a flop, so it's hard to keep assuming it he left his big game-wilting ways in Washington.  It's not all on him, but it's hard to ignore his complicity in it all.

Right now Cousins looks like a more purple version of Stafford, to me.

Just out of curiosity what’s Dalton’s record vs winning teams?

RE: Lewis Out!! - Bengalitis - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 01:45 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I put that more on FO. I have never believed in Cousins. For some reason everyone believed he was the second coming. 

Cousins is 4-24 against winning record teams or something like that as a starter i read, if true, then he is the Andy Dalton of prime time. I also feel they had a chemistry before they had cousins, no reason to have had change QBs. Like someone said before, Cousins has great stats, but can't get it done in crunch time. 

RE: Lewis Out!! - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 01:38 PM)depthchart Wrote: At the very least, we will get something new to discuss on the Board.

Rehashing Marvin related topics over and over again can hopefully fade away.

Everyone will have to buck up on New Material that relates to the New Head Coach & decide what angles to take in support or dislike for the New guy Mike chooses.

Marvin's biggest defender on the Board will have to find a new purpose in life.  Tongue

LMAO.....time for more QB threads.

Folks seem to like them. Mellow

RE: Lewis Out!! - Fan_in_Kettering - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 01:45 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: By the time you fire someone, you already have an idea which direction you're moving forward. I don't have a good feeling about this.

Hiring Hue Jackson as head coach makes zero sense. What’s Hue’s lifetime record as a head coach? It’s 11-44-1 which is horrible. As an offensive coordinator, however, Hue is 22-9-1 which is more than respectable.

RE: Lewis Out!! - fredtoast - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 01:46 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: For crying out loud, if not for Blair Walsh missing a kick most middle schoolers would make, who knows how much more they would have won. 

For crying out loud, if not for the biggest fluke play in playoff history he would have never won a post season game.  

RE: Lewis Out!! - Shake n Blake - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 01:42 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I'm thinking the move is probably a couple of years too late. A couple of years ago, the team was stronger and had more to offer a potential incoming HC to make it a more attractive job. Just my two cents.

Good point. This might be a bad situation for the next HC. We have a bunch of aging/injured stars (Dalton, Green, Atkins, Dunlap, Burfict) on big contracts. We need to gut the team and let a coach start with his own guys, but it will be impossible to do so.

I don't think it was Cousins himself so much as that ridonkulous contract.

To answer your question, Zimmer did win before the team signed Cousins to that huge contract. So I guess he's perfect for us.   Ninja