Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Lewis Out!! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Lewis Out!! (/Thread-Lewis-Out)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Lewis Out!! - Nicomo Cosca - 12-31-2018

What the hell has Lazor done to be considered for a HC job?

Be better than his predecessor who was awful? BFD

RE: Lewis Out!! - Rubekahn29 - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 03:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What the hell has Lazor done to be considered for a HC job?

Be better than his predecessor who was awful? BFD

The only person here that I would entertain in-house would be Simmons. 

RE: Lewis Out!! - Au165 - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 03:13 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: PFT is reporting that both Simmons and Lazor are being interviewed for HC...

Right from the same tweet I posted earlier that said they were getting in house interviews. Now sometimes that is a courtesy, think Kitchens in Cleveland sometimes though it is legit.

RE: Lewis Out!! - Big Boss - 12-31-2018

There are zero coaches on this staff right now that I'd want as head coach.

RE: Lewis Out!! - Mike M (the other one) - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 12:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I can just see Mike Brown thinking....well, I gave Marvin Lewis some actual say in how things go and we didn't win.  I'll make sure the next coach does everything I say!  Best response I got so far from one of my friends was "Maybe the'll hire Tomlin!"

I disagree with a lot of you for a few reasons.
Marvin wasn't Mike's pick for HC.
If Mike picks HIS coach, he will have a higher level of comfort with that Coach and let them have the ability to do more.
Remember early in Marvin's career Mike signed FA's for Marvin, but they only kept us competitive. Marvin was unable to get the next level push.
Mike isn't getting any younger and he wants a Ring, but just can't get there with the way they are doing it.
Mike wants to give control of the team to Katie. She will be the first female owner in the NFL. He doesn't want to leave her a mess to deal with, so for now, he's willing to take the "heat" until he's ready to give it to her.

HC Candidates:
Vance Joseph
*Eric Bieniemy
*Chuck Pagano
Dan Campbell
Vic Fangio
*Dave Toub

College:
Dave Shaw Stanford HC, he runs a Pro-Style offense already.

RE: Lewis Out!! - Fan_in_Kettering - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 03:19 PM)Big Boss Wrote: There are zero coaches on this staff right now that I'd want as head coach.

I want the entire coaching staff gone with the exception of special teams.

RE: Lewis Out!! - McC - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 03:21 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I disagree with a lot of you for a few reasons.
If Mike picks HIS coach, he will have a higher level of comfort with that Coach and let them have the ability to do more.
Remember early in Marvin's career Mike signed FA's for Marvin, but they only kept us competitive. Marvin was unable to get the next level push.
Mike isn't getting any younger and he wants a Ring, but just can't get there with the way they are doing it.
Mike wants to give control of the team to Katie. She will be the first female owner in the NFL. He doesn't want to leave her a mess to deal with, so for now, he's willing to take the "heat" until he's ready to give it to her.

HC Candidates:
Vance Joseph
*Eric Bieniemy
*Chuck Pagano
Dan Campbell
Vic Fangio
*Dave Toub

College:
Not to nitpick but Georgia Frontiere owned the Rams like, 40 years ago.

RE: Lewis Out!! - jj22 - 12-31-2018

After 16 years, MB didn't even have the class to sit with him at the podium, thank him for his services and wish him off the right way.

Or at least address the media. Talk about the plan moving forward etc. He's clearly in mourning (and this wasn't preplanned). Not sure how much of this was his choice.

As much as I wanted Marvin gone, I thought it'd be a bigger moment for the franchise. One worth of a MB appearance.

RE: Lewis Out!! - BoomerFan - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 03:21 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I disagree with a lot of you for a few reasons.

HC Candidates:
Vance Joseph
*Eric Bieniemy
*Chuck Pagano
Dan Campbell
Vic Fangio
*Dave Toub

College:

No Chuck Pagano plz. And Vance Joseph would be a great DC but needs a little time before another crack at HC. Vic Fangio or Dave Shaw would be cool. 

RE: Lewis Out!! - pally - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 03:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Um, I hope this is simply a courtesy. If they actually hire any of those 3, I'm out.

come on...you know they always want to resign their own draftees first, then make a token approach to look at someone good from the outside, and then end up bringing in the cheap has been no one else wanted.  Its the coaching version of free agency

RE: Lewis Out!! - rfaulk34 - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 03:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Um, I hope this is simply a courtesy. If they actually hire any of those 3, I'm out.

It's not uncommon to interview current staff. More of a courtesy and to show they are on an exhaustive search. 

RE: Lewis Out!! - pally - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 03:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: After 16 years, MB didn't even have the class to sit with him at the podium, thank him for his services and wish him off the right way.

Or at least address the media. Talk about the plan moving forward etc. He's clearly in mourning (and this wasn't preplanned). Not sure how much of this was his choice.

As much as I wanted Marvin gone, I thought it'd be a bigger moment for the franchise. One worth of a MB appearance.

Perhaps he wanted Marvin to have one last moment in the spotlight to speak.  If Brown were there the focus would have been on the future not Marvin

RE: Lewis Out!! - Hoofhearted - 12-31-2018

Rumors are Marv to the Cards

RE: Lewis Out!! - Au165 - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 03:30 PM)pally Wrote: Perhaps he wanted Marvin to have one last moment in the spotlight to speak.  If Brown were there the focus would have been on the future not Marvin

This. I think Mike respected the guy enough to let him do it his own way. The release was much more personal than any of the releases other teams have done. There is a genuine friendship there that I think you can really see. I honestly could see Mike not wanting to be there to avoid getting emotional in front of the press. 

RE: Lewis Out!! - Circleville Guy - 12-31-2018

Does this mean that Mike is finally buying a new car too?

RE: Lewis Out!! - Nately120 - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 03:31 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Rumors are Marv to the Cards

Man, everything AFC North ends up there.

RE: Lewis Out!! - sandwedge - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 03:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: After 16 years, MB didn't even have the class to sit with him at the podium, thank him for his services and wish him off the right way.

My guess is, it was to emotional for him. He probably went out and sat in the backseat of his Lumina and wept.

RE: Lewis Out!! - RunKijanaRun - 12-31-2018

Can someone explain to me why Darrin Simmons is so respected around here?

RE: Lewis Out!! - 34inXXIII - 12-31-2018

Can we get a subforum for all these Marvin Lewis threads, please?  Ninja

RE: Lewis Out!! - Big Boss - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 03:38 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Can someone explain to me why Darrin Simmons is so respected around here?

Nobody has his guys commit more "block in the back" penalties on a consistent basis than this guy.