Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Anyone ever un-retire? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Klotsch (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Klotsch)
+--- Thread: Anyone ever un-retire? (/Thread-Anyone-ever-un-retire)

Anyone ever un-retire? - sandwedge - 01-03-2019

I have been thinking about this a lot lately. I'm soon to be 53 and don't know if I can just sit around anymore. I do enjoy teaching kids the game of golf, but this time of year it's pretty slow. It gets a little old thinking of things to do. Plus starting to put a little weight...

RE: Anyone ever un-retire? - SunsetBengal - 01-03-2019

Not myself, but my father did. He retired from his UAW job, back in 1997 at age 51. For him, retirement lasted all of a few weeks. He couldn't stand not having anything productive to do. He took a job working 3 days per week, and loves it. We works 3 days per week, does his stuff around the house for 2 days, and has his weekends free for whatever he wants. He'll be 72 on Friday, with no signs of retiring again, any time soon.

RE: Anyone ever un-retire? - XenoMorph - 01-03-2019

(01-03-2019, 12:23 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I have been thinking about this a lot lately. I'm soon to be 53 and don't know if I can just sit around anymore. I do enjoy teaching kids the game of golf, but this time of year it's pretty slow. It gets a little old thinking of things to do. Plus starting to put a little weight...

when my grandpa retired he got a job in his passion which was golf as a ranger on a course..

I'm sure you can find something you want to do.

RE: Anyone ever un-retire? - HarleyDog - 01-03-2019

My wife kindly informed me I will be working until they toss me in a forever box. I gave her "the look." She returned "the look" and won that battle immediately. Damnit!

RE: Anyone ever un-retire? - sandwedge - 01-03-2019

(01-03-2019, 01:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not myself, but my father did.  He retired from his UAW job, back in 1997 at age 51.  For him, retirement lasted all of a few weeks.  He couldn't stand not having anything productive to do.  He took a job working 3 days per week, and loves it.  We works 3 days per week, does his stuff around the house for 2 days, and has his weekends free for whatever he wants.  He'll be 72 on Friday, with no signs of retiring again, any time soon.

Pretty much what I am thinking of doing. I have a good friend that owns an engineering firm, that says he could use me. Not so sure of working long hours again though. 

RE: Anyone ever un-retire? - sandwedge - 01-03-2019

(01-03-2019, 02:04 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: My wife kindly informed me I will be working until they toss me in a forever box. I gave her "the look." She returned "the look" and won that battle immediately. Damnit!

HaHaHa, funny because when I was in the Navy, I had guys tell me, I could scare them by my look. My kids tell me all the time, their friends are scared of me, but ain't even in the same league as my wife!!

RE: Anyone ever un-retire? - michaelsean - 01-08-2019

Damn I can’t wait to have the luxury of being able to ***** about not having to work. LOL

RE: Anyone ever un-retire? - grampahol - 01-08-2019

I unretired right after leaving high school. At the ripe old age of 18 I thought I could easily manage being broke forever..  Turns out I was right. I've managed to be broke for the past 40+ years with relative ease.

RE: Anyone ever un-retire? - bfine32 - 01-08-2019

Not sure if it classifies as unretiring, but I retired from Active Duty Military and now work as a DOD civilian. I will say it's pretty good seeing all the things the Soldiers have to do and know it's not a requirement for me any longer.

About 5 more years and I can retire from Civil Service and that's when I'll take the job collecting the carts at Walmart