Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Joseph likely not coming to Cincinnati - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Joseph likely not coming to Cincinnati (/Thread-Joseph-likely-not-coming-to-Cincinnati)

Joseph likely not coming to Cincinnati - pally - 01-10-2019

He is in Arizona interviewing for the Cardinals DC job. Rumored to be in the Jets sight as well for the same position. Doubtful this would happen if he were a finalist for any Cincinnati position.

RE: Joseph likely not coming to Cincinnati - PhilHos - 01-10-2019

I think most of us are relieved that he's apparently not going to be our new HC.

RE: Joseph likely not coming to Cincinnati - bengalfan74 - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 01:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I think most of us are relieved that he's apparently not going to be our new HC.

I wouldn't go dive off a bridge if it was Joesph but he's not very high on my list.

RE: Joseph likely not coming to Cincinnati - HuDey - 01-10-2019

I am perfectly fine with him being employed elsewhere.

RE: Joseph likely not coming to Cincinnati - THE PISTONS - 01-10-2019

Joseph was a coach here for what 3 years? He's also coached for a lot of other teams. He's the least Marvin-ized of the Marvin-ites.

RE: Joseph likely not coming to Cincinnati - Shake n Blake - 01-10-2019

[Image: tenor.gif]

RE: Joseph likely not coming to Cincinnati - McC - 01-10-2019

Now somebody hire Hue and then I can exhale.

RE: Joseph likely not coming to Cincinnati - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 01:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I think most of us are relieved that he's apparently not going to be our new HC.

Definately would be the outside hire i would dislike the most for HC.

RE: Joseph likely not coming to Cincinnati - SunsetBengal - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 01:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Joseph was a coach here for what 3 years? He's also coached for a lot of other teams. He's the least Marvin-ized of the Marvin-ites.

I never really got why all the hate for Vance Joseph.  I thought he did a damn fine job with our DBs, and was actually hoping he would have replaced Pauly G. as our DC.

RE: Joseph likely not coming to Cincinnati - THE PISTONS - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 03:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I never really got why all the hate for Vance Joseph.  I thought he did a damn fine job with our DBs, and was actually hoping he would have replaced Pauly G. as our DC.

Agreed.

It's kind of like everyone wants Tom Brady's OC as a HC...well he won't have Brady here. That never made sense to me either.

I think Joseph would be ok to have in the organization.

Now guys like Jackson and Simmons have been with Marvin for long periods of time and would likely not represent a different culture change.

RE: Joseph likely not coming to Cincinnati - XenoMorph - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 03:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I never really got why all the hate for Vance Joseph.  I thought he did a damn fine job with our DBs, and was actually hoping he would have replaced Pauly G. as our DC.

its not so much hate as a Defensive coach walks into one of the best defenses in the league and then they fall apart.

RE: Joseph likely not coming to Cincinnati - Shake n Blake - 01-10-2019

I didn't hate him as a DB coach at all. I just didn't get the hype around him as the next "big thing". 

(01-10-2019, 03:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: its not so much hate as a Defensive coach walks into one of the best defenses in the league and then they fall apart.

This. Denver won without great QB play. They even won a SB with bad QB play. They slipped big time under Vance. Seems he got fast tracked to a HC position (with mediocre results in one year as DC) and then fell on his face. At this point, I'd see him as a good position coach. Maybe worthy of another shot as a DC, but he'll need to really earn another crack as HC.