Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life (/Thread-I-expect-the-coaching-changes-to-give-Dalton-a-new-lease-on-his-Bengals-life)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - The Real Deal - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 11:26 AM)TrevBengal Wrote: Is this supposed to get everyone excited?  Ryan Tannehill isnt very good. 

You’re the worst troll ever. Always helping me make my point.

The fact is that if Taylor can improve a below average QB to average why can’t he elevate a middle of the pack QB closer to a top 10? Never mind the hand he has had in bringing Goff along the past few seasons.

You’re really bad at this.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Nicomo Cosca - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 11:33 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: You’re the worst troll ever. Always helping me make my point.

The fact is that if Taylor can improve a below average QB to average why can’t he elevate a middle of the pack QB closer to a top 10? Never mind the hand he has had in bringing Goff along the past few seasons.

You’re really bad at this.

We’re back to Andy being close to top 10 again??

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - McC - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 11:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We’re back to Andy being close to top 10 again??

May want to read it again because it doesn't say anything like that.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - The Real Deal - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 11:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We’re back to Andy being close to top 10 again??

No. I clearly said he’s middle of the pack. Over his career he has largely been average. The hope is that if Taylor and Van pelt can elevate that just a little bit, maybe, just maybe it could bump him up those 5-8 spots and get him near 10.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Nicomo Cosca - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 11:38 AM)McC Wrote: May want to read it again because it doesn't say anything like that.

He said middle of the pack QB closer to top 10. How is that not anything like that?

Point is, despite whatever reasons you want to blame it on, Dalton hasn’t been anywhere near close to top 10 (11-13 range) the last few years.

More like high teens, low twenties if we’re being truthful.

(01-14-2019, 11:42 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: No. I clearly said he’s middle of the pack. Over his career he has largely been average. The hope is that if Taylor and Van pelt can elevate that just a little bit, maybe, just maybe it could bump him up those 5-8 spots and get him near 10.

I took “closer to top 10” to mean you have him around 11-13/14.

But we’re actually in agreement if you have him in the high teens.

(01-14-2019, 11:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He said middle of the pack QB closer to top 10. How is that not anything like that?

Point is, despite whatever reasons you want to blame it on, Dalton hasn’t been anywhere near close to top 10 (11-13 range) the last few years.

More like high teens, low twenties if we’re being truthful.

I’m not looking to lay blame. I’m hopeful that a new coach, who oh by the way specializes in coaching QB’s and has a track record, albeit a small sample size, of improving QB’s, can elevate the largely average QB’s on the roster to above average. What do you want from me?

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-14-2019

For me, personally, I don't feel it's any coincidence that Dalton's best years came under some creative playcalling with aggressive, legit OCs.  I think we'll be surprised with his performance if this staff is what we hope it will be.  His two best seasons, Hue Jackson threw out everything, including the kitchen sink.  He had wonderful window dressing, and he allowed Dalton to do more of his own calls at the line.  For all of the shit Hue gets for his tenure in Cleveland, he's actually a good OC, and Gruden was pretty good before him.  The last 3 seasons have seen a QB coach lifer (that just got fired from that after one season), and a hum drum retread that was fired in Miami.  

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-14-2019

(01-12-2019, 02:01 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Looks like some intelligent and more importantly objective Bengal fans have joined the message forum.  Wink

How's Derek Carr panning out these days? Wink

(01-12-2019, 02:47 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Lets not put the cart before the horse here. New staff will evaluate players and they will determine what they need and whom they need to replace. Most likely, the HC will have already said Andy is at LEAST a good short term solution . He has 2 years left of a cheap QB deal which gives the new staff time to make improvements and figure out the best course. That could mean drafting a QB this year, next year or year after.

It is almost impossible to know what Taylor thinks of Dalton., and he probably only has an outside opinion at this point. He needs to sit with him in meetings, see him practice, etc.

I am not a huge Dalton fan but we need so much LB and OL help first and foremost.

Another factor is the HC will know how patient this team is so even if he says he wants to work with Dalton for a full season to evaluate him he knows this makes sense to the Browns.

This.....and I hope they skip the QB this draft.

(01-12-2019, 03:31 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Try and trade Andy. If can’t, cut.

Cut Huber and Tez and Glenn

Between the 4 thats liken35 million in cap room

Sign CJ Mosley, Daryl Williams and maybe a cheap TE

Sign a mobile qb like Taylor or Bridgewater

Draft the LSU lb or Haskins.  OT or OG in second

Bridgewater isn't exactly mobile after nearly having his leg amputated, but I'd like to have him here to compete for the starting position.  If he doesn't beat out Dalton, you have a much better option than Driskel, or good trade bait.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - TrevBengal - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 12:00 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: How's Derek Carr panning out these days? Wink

Better than Dalton.

(01-14-2019, 11:56 AM)McC Wrote: Sure.  You misread what he said, went after him and now you want to blame me.  Where do you get angry?  I said nothing that even resembles angry.   You've never seen me angry.  I don't get angry over any of this.  You seem to be the angry one.  It ain't my fault you can't read.

You get angry quite a bit here, whether it’s someone talking about Cleveland being good, or labeling new members trolls, etc. You’re a good poster, and I enjoy reading your opinions, but maybe stuff like “get over yourself” isn’t really necessary?

I’m done with this though. Have a good day, McC.

(01-13-2019, 01:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They held Houston to only 19 points in 2012.

......who weren't exactly an offensive juggernaut, were they?  Marvin is gone.  We will now see if we have been drafting, signing, and trading for an entire team of choke artists, or if it was piss poor coaching, preparation, and adjustments. Mellow

(01-14-2019, 12:12 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Better than Dalton.

Actually career stats show they are almost the exact same QB. Not great, not terrible. Average.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CarrDe02.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DaltAn00.htm

(01-14-2019, 11:59 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: First, I was replying when you finally realized you were wrong about what I was saying.

Second, I’m only sensitive to people twisting things to fit their argument. Reading comprehension is fun.

Third, if you go back in my posts over the last several weeks, even months maybe, I have been saying I’m ready to move on from Andy. But that doesn’t mean that while he’s still here I won’t be hopeful a new coach can get a little more out of him. The anti-Andy crowd would rather see him fail than succeed. It’s about being right for that group and I don’t understand that line of thought.

I can assure you that doesn’t apply to me. I would love for Dalton to succeed. I’m just growing impatient waiting for it.

(01-14-2019, 12:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I can assure you that doesn’t apply to me. I would love for Dalton to succeed. I’m just growing impatient waiting for it.

Fair enough as I’m becoming impatient as well. It’s the reason I’m ready to move on. But I’m still going to hold out hope Taylor can find a little bit of 2015 in Andy. I’m also aware that we can’t hold onto that year forever so if it’s goimg to happen it has to start this upcoming season.

Tyrod Taylor?  Passer rating?  Yeah, I mean, when you throw the ball 10 times a game, as long as you complete 7 of them, you'll have one helluva passer rating.

Is this for real? Shocked

(01-13-2019, 11:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did KC have more pressing needs when they took Mahomes?

No. Mellow

(01-14-2019, 12:20 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Actually career stats show they are almost the exact same QB. Not great, not terrible. Average.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CarrDe02.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DaltAn00.htm

Thank you.  The guy I responded to once said something about Carr being leaps and bounds better than Dalton, it is an inside joke between Corner and I. :andy: