Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life (/Thread-I-expect-the-coaching-changes-to-give-Dalton-a-new-lease-on-his-Bengals-life)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - PhilHos - 01-24-2019

(01-24-2019, 01:04 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: How many years do we give Andy, for being a super nice guy?

I don't care that he's a "super nice guy". He basically has to the end of his current contract to show that Marvin was indeed holding him back. Still look to improve if you can during this time, but the job's Dalton until something better comes along or Dalton proves he'll be the same QB under a new HC.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Socal Bengals fan - 01-24-2019

8 years is not enough. We need more mediocre under performing under prime time games Dalton . Suck for Trevor begins in two years.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - fredtoast - 01-24-2019

(01-24-2019, 05:21 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: 8 years is not enough.  We need more mediocre under performing under prime time games Dalton .   

Beating Ravens with 3 td passes is not underperforming.

What we need are more educated fans.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - PhilHos - 01-24-2019

(01-24-2019, 05:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Beating Ravens with 3 td passes is not underperforming.

The Bengals have a winning record with Dalton at QB yet somehow he's "underperforming".  You're darn right we need more educated fans.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - fredtoast - 01-24-2019

(01-24-2019, 12:53 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I dont know, Andy Dalton has "MARVIN" written all over him. I dont think you can just take off 7 yrs off you having had Marvin as your HC for so long. Luckily many different OC but still, Marvin's legacy is probably instilled in Andy. I hope he can adapt, or he will be gone in 1-2 yrs if eve

(01-24-2019, 02:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I worry about this too. Carson had 7 years under Marvin, and while he did win a playoff game elsewhere, he was also still pretty awful in the playoffs. 

For me, he gets one year under the new HC. He earned that via his play, not being a nice guy.

If he disappoints this year, next year should be a better year to find a replacement. This year just seems like one of those years where teams reach for mediocre prospects out of need.

So you guys want to get rid of green, atkins, dunlap, boling, boyd, and mixon also?

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-24-2019

(01-24-2019, 05:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you guys want to get rid of green, atkins, dunlap, boling, boyd, and mixon also?

Better re-read mine......

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - grampahol - 01-24-2019

(01-24-2019, 05:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Beating Ravens with 3 td passes is not underperforming.

In the matter of fan education does anyone realistically believe even the greatest QB who could ever put on a uniform any team in any era could overcome what has become the biggest lies ever told in professional sports? The lies of course being that it's all above board and the NE Patriots are really coached by some super genius possessing a football IQ better than Albert Einstein's ideas in mathematics and physics? Look, when the league can tell us with a straight face that the game between LA and NO with the "bad call" "no PI" wasn't fixed or when a defensive player merely touched Brady with his fingertips it magically became "roughing the passer" and the game scores were unchanged after those scam "calls" we're supposed to just roll over and completely forget what we all witnessed with our own eyes? Of course I'm merely a conspiracy theorist since I personally don't believe they're even attempting to be honest. This is truly putting George Orwell's 1984 to shame. It's gone well beyond up is down and white is black. It's now wet toilet paper covered in stale piss is tungsten steel and we should be wiping our asses with molten lava for the utmost in comfort. C'mon man!  Gaah Lalala Freakout

And don't ask why I still watch.. I'm a ****** like the rest of you and since I don't go to church on Sunday I have to fill my time with more bullshit like everyone else. That alone isn't enough to make me believe anything the league is selling. 

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - BengalChris - 01-24-2019

A one game sample size might be a tad small. Just putting that idea out there.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Shake n Blake - 01-24-2019

(01-24-2019, 05:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you guys want to get rid of green, atkins, dunlap, boling, boyd, and mixon also?

Well if we stink up the joint this year, yeah I do think it might be time to think about a serious rebuild. 

Not saying we dump everybody, but the guys who were around for 7-8 years of Marv ball? Maybe so.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - BengalChris - 01-24-2019

(01-24-2019, 05:32 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The Bengals have a winning record with Dalton at QB yet somehow he's "underperforming".  You're darn right we need more educated fans.

A little more is expected than being barely above .500 and settings NFL all-time worst playoff records. Just to put things in perspective.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Earendil - 01-24-2019

(01-24-2019, 06:54 PM)BengalChris Wrote: A little more is expected than being barely above .500 and settings NFL all-time worst playoff records. Just to put things in perspective.

Again, things that apply more to Marvin than Andy.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Atomic Orange - 01-24-2019

(01-24-2019, 07:05 PM)Earendil Wrote: Again, things that apply more to Marvin than Andy.

For sure something we are going to find out soon enough but looking over the overall PO record of the Bengals since inception it isn't that great. (having a hard time finding all time PT records)

Funny thing is when we do win PO games we usually go to the SB. Perhaps the city has always had small man syndrome.

Edit:
I'm not excusing Marvin here - he should have still been canned after SD because the goal is to win championships and in order to do so you have to win PT/PO games. Hopefully Zac has better success at this!

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Synric - 01-24-2019

Andy has performed admirably in the vertical offense we've seen since Hue left but I dont think he fits.

If Zach Taylor brings the Rams offense I can see Andy being very successful.

(01-24-2019, 06:54 PM)BengalChris Wrote: A little more is expected than being barely above .500 and settings NFL all-time worst playoff records.

What all-time worst playoff record does Dalton hold?

(01-24-2019, 06:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well if we stink up the joint this year, yeah I do think it might be time to think about a serious rebuild. 

Not saying we dump everybody, but the guys who were around for 7-8 years of Marv ball? Maybe so.

So you make personnel moves based on who was here 7-8 years or who actually played poorly?

If the guys who were here 7-8 years played better I keep them.  I don't care how long they played for Marvin.  I just care about how well they play.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Shake n Blake - 01-24-2019

(01-24-2019, 06:54 PM)BengalChris Wrote: A little more is expected than being barely above .500 and settings NFL all-time worst playoff records. Just to put things in perspective.

According to wiki, Dalton has the 9th best QB winning % in the league. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Football_League_career_quarterback_wins_leaders

(01-24-2019, 09:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you make personnel moves based on who was here 7-8 years or who actually played poorly?

If the guys who were here 7-8 years played better I keep them.  I don't care how long they played for Marvin.  I just care about how well they play.

I consider everything, Mr. Dinglehammer. 

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - bfine32 - 01-24-2019

(01-24-2019, 09:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: According to wiki, Dalton has the 9th best QB winning % in the league. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Football_League_career_quarterback_wins_leaders

I'm assuming you came up with 9th because you only considered active QBs. Did you notice there were only 13 on the list?

Not sure that's a ringing endorsement. 

(01-24-2019, 09:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I consider everything, Mr. Dinglehammer. 

That's pretty old school.

My alias here was BENGILL COMMUNICATION.

(01-24-2019, 09:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What all-time worst playoff record does Dalton hold?

That would be 0 and 4 in the playoffs there Fred. No one else has ever done that.

(01-24-2019, 07:05 PM)Earendil Wrote: Again, things that apply more to Marvin than Andy.

We will only find that out for sure after the next couple of seasons.