Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life (/Thread-I-expect-the-coaching-changes-to-give-Dalton-a-new-lease-on-his-Bengals-life)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - TrevBengal - 01-13-2019

(01-13-2019, 11:08 AM)McC Wrote: Have you ever watched him play?  Hot doo doo.  No business being an NFL QB.  Without a dominant running game, he is absolutely worthless.  The rating is due to not turning the ball over, which is the only redeeming quality he has.  Last year's playoff performance against the Jags was beyond dreadful.  The dude suxx.

If he was our starting QB, you'd want him dead in three weeks.

He sucks. But he’s statistically better than dalton.

Got it.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - McC - 01-13-2019

(01-13-2019, 11:11 AM)TrevBengal Wrote: He sucks. But he’s statistically better than dalton.

Got it.

Then no.  You haven't watched him play. He is statistically better in ONE area. Other than that, it ain't even close.

Tyrod has 53 TD passes.  For his career.  He has less TD passes than games played.  9500 yards. He averages 180 passing yards a game.   For his career. 

In 2018, he completed less than half his passes.  For less than 500 yards--in 4 games.   Are you ***** kidding me?   No one in their right mind would want this guy as their QB.  So please just stop the goofy.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - bfine32 - 01-13-2019

(01-13-2019, 01:51 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 5
Well maybe you missed some points, announcer said too much pressure on luck tonight he did not have a good game and i pointed out rhat many dont accept that with Dalton,  second Luck was #1 pick and after  1st season was going to lead Colts to Super Bowl so please tell me after 7 years have rhey made it? Also in 2015, 16 and 18 he has started as QB his record is 20 and 18 with 1 playoff appearance not what we expected from the top pick in draft by this point in his career.  He is a good QB but has not lived up to his #1 pick status especially over last 3 starting seasons he has played unless you are ok with 20 and 18 record and 1 playoff appearance from t
The #1 pick and most hyped QB in recent draft memories

A passer rating of 78.8 in a playoff is not a good game; however, it is over 20 points higher than Andy's average in the playoffs and over 10 points higher than his best ever performance in the playoffs. 

Hype and draft position have 0 to do with comparing QB skill sets. 

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - bfine32 - 01-13-2019

(01-13-2019, 11:23 AM)McC Wrote: Then no.  You haven't watched him play.  He is statistically better in ONE area.  Other than that, it ain't even close.

Tyrod has 53 TD passes.  For his career.  He has less TD passes than games played.  9500 yards. He averages 180 passing yards a game.   For his career. 

In 2018, he completed less than half his passes.  For less than 500 yards--in 4 games.   Are you ***** kidding me?   No one in their right mind would want this guy as their QB.  So please just stop the goofy.
He's actually better than Andy in quite a few categories if you realize a QB can run. In half as many games Tyrod has almost twice as many rushing yards and averages over 2 YPC more. 

Andy's propensity to throw an INT (INT%) is actually 3 times higher than Tyrod. Earlier in this thread I asked what folks would use to excuse Tyrod having a higher career passer rating than Andy and suggested it's be "the eyeball test". However if someone suggests Andy has been nothing more than an average QB throughout his career. Folks will sprain a figure from typing "Top 10 passer rating of all active QB."

Dude is average and IMO our W/L record wouldn't be much different if we had Tyrod instead of Andy.  

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - TrevBengal - 01-13-2019

(01-13-2019, 11:23 AM)McC Wrote: Then no.  You haven't watched him play.  He is statistically better in ONE area.  Other than that, it ain't even close.

That one stat is a combination of every passing measurable.  Get it?

Tyrod Taylor is already a better Qb than Dalton from a Passer Rating standpoint. Also much better runner, etc.

Think of what he would do with some real offensive weapons at his disposal

WOW

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - rfaulk34 - 01-13-2019

(01-13-2019, 11:50 AM)TrevBengal Wrote: That one stat is a combination of every passing measurable.  Get it?

That aside, what's the benefit of replacing one average QB with another? The goal should be to get a dynamic QB that can lead you to and through the playoffs. Neither one looks capable of doing that so why make the change?

All that said, if i had to choose between the two and i was behind in a game, i'd rather have Dalton trying to lead a come back instead of Taylor.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Sled21 - 01-13-2019

We just need to keep Dalton 2 more years, then get the hippy from Clemson....

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Nicomo Cosca - 01-13-2019

Dalton already has good chemistry with AJ and Boyd. If we replace him it should be with a highly drafted QB out of college with a much higher ceiling. Not another average veteran who’s never done anything particularly remarkable.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - McC - 01-13-2019

(01-13-2019, 11:44 AM)bfine32 Wrote: He's actually better than Andy in quite a few categories if you realize a QB can run. In half as many games Tyrod has almost twice as many rushing yards and averages over 2 YPC more. 

Andy's propensity to throw an INT (INT%) is actually 3 times higher than Tyrod. Earlier in this thread I asked what folks would use to excuse Tyrod having a higher career passer rating than Andy and suggested it's be "the eyeball test". However if someone suggests Andy has been nothing more than an average QB throughout his career. Folks will sprain a figure from typing "Top 10 passer rating of all active QB."

Dude is average and IMO our W/L record wouldn't be much different if we had Tyrod instead of Andy.  

You are out of your fricking mind.  Amazing what lengths...  Quite a few?  Do you really consider two to be quite a few?

178 yards a game.  Less than a TD pass per game.  Who gives a shit that he can run?  Fine.  Make him a RB.  Last I knew, a QB was kind of expected to throw the ball.

He is worthless and you're just being openly argumentative.  He didn't win in Buffalo.  Shady did.  Call up a Bills fan and ask if they want him back.  Or even a Browns fan.  Tyrod Taylor cost Hue his job.

Now sit there and tell me you want Tyrod as your starting QB.  

It's all moot anyway.  Not even the Bengals FO is moronic enough to want that turd.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Nicomo Cosca - 01-13-2019

(01-13-2019, 12:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: We just need to keep Dalton 2 more years, then get the hippy from Clemson....

That will take a 1OA pick I’m sure.

(01-13-2019, 12:08 PM)McC Wrote: You are out of your fricking mind.  Amazing what lengths...  Quite a few?  Do you really consider two to be quite a few?

178 yards a game.  Less than a TD pass per game.  Who gives a shit that he can run?  Fine.  Make him a RB.  Last I knew, a QB was kind of expected to throw the ball.

He is worthless and you're just being openly argumentative.  He didn't win in Buffalo.  Shady did.  Call up a Bills fan and ask if they want him back.  Or even a Browns fan.  Tyrod Taylor cost Hue his job.

Now sit there and tell me you want Tyrod as your starting QB.  

It's all moot anyway.  Not even the Bengals FO is moronic enough to want that turd.

That Turd has a higher career rating than Dalton.  Playing most of his time on the BILLS!

Yikes

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Shake n Blake - 01-13-2019

(01-13-2019, 02:05 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So you cut the 2nd best lineman we had last year by rating and a lineman in his career that has performed much better than any tackle on our roster. I dont think so

(01-13-2019, 02:36 AM)samhain Wrote: There's no way Glenn gets cut.  He's the only tackle on the roster after FA hits, and from what I understand, his contract isn't all that tough to keep.  You expect this team two get three brand new tackles this offseason?  This team isn't in a position to let Cordy Glenn walk right now.  If we find some good/servicebale Its by this time next year, then sure.  

(01-13-2019, 10:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Some of the "cuts" people come up with on this board amaze me.....

1. He rated poorly according to PFF (and looked as bad as his rating)
2. He has the huge cap hit of a franchise LT ($9.25 million)
3. He can be released with 0 dead money.

Only on these boards is an overpaid, underperforming player (with a perfect out) being cut considered a preposterous idea.

As for how we'd replace Glenn? Idk...maybe use that $9.25 million we saved by cutting him?  Facepalm

(01-13-2019, 12:27 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: That Turd has a higher career rating than Dalton.  Playing most of his time on the BILLS!

Yikes

So you ignore everything but that one stupid stat without even looking any deeper.  Andy has him beat in completion percentage, yards per game and TD passes per game.  Call me crazy but those seem kind of important for a QB.

Ask a Bills fan.  Ask a Browns fan.  And then ask any fan of any team if they want him.  Go watch any of his games.  He's garbage and that's why he'll never start for anyone ever again.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - mon4078 - 01-13-2019

I don't have a problem with cutting Glenn or anyone else as long as you have their replacement signed first and it needs to be an upgrade.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Sled21 - 01-13-2019

(01-13-2019, 12:35 PM)mon4078 Wrote: I don't have a problem with cutting Glenn or anyone else as long as you have their replacement signed first and it needs to be an upgrade.

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(01-13-2019, 12:35 PM)mon4078 Wrote: I don't have a problem with cutting Glenn or anyone else as long as you have their replacement signed first and it needs to be an upgrade.

Simple logic.  I like it.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Shake n Blake - 01-13-2019

That's not much to ask. It'll be easy to upgrade Glenn though, at half the price. 

Then we can inevitably cut the expensive dead weight. Guess everyone's cool with that, now?  Wink

(01-13-2019, 12:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's not much to ask. It'll be easy to upgrade Glenn though, at half the price. 

Then we can inevitably cut the expensive dead weight. Guess everyone's cool with that, now?  Wink

Except for the "easy" to upgrade over Glenn part.....

(01-13-2019, 12:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's not much to ask. It'll be easy to upgrade Glenn though, at half the price. 

Cool with it?  Maybe more like craving it.