Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life (/Thread-I-expect-the-coaching-changes-to-give-Dalton-a-new-lease-on-his-Bengals-life)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - TrevBengal - 01-13-2019

(01-13-2019, 12:35 PM)McC Wrote: So you ignore everything but that one stupid stat without even looking any deeper.  Andy has him beat in completion percentage, yards per game and TD passes per game.  Call me crazy but those seem kind of important for a QB.

Ask a Bills fan.  Ask a Browns fan.  And then ask any fan of any team if they want him.  Go watch any of his games.  He's garbage and that's why he'll never start for anyone ever again.

Once again. It’s not one singular stat.

It’s a compilation of all passing metrics

Same formula for all players. No bias

Tyrod Taylor has been better than Dalton. It’s very simple math.

90 is higher than 88

I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Bronxbengal - 01-13-2019

(01-13-2019, 12:00 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Tyrod Taylor is already a better Qb than Dalton from a Passer Rating standpoint. Also much better runner, etc.

Think of what he would do with some real offensive weapons at his disposal

WOW

OMG you want Tyrod Taylor over Dalton?!? I am very glad u are not the GM! You make Mike Brown look like a football genius

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - BengalChris - 01-13-2019

(01-13-2019, 12:57 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Once again. It’s not one singular stat.

90 is higher than 88

Something is missing from the passer rating stat calculation.

Mohamed Sanu has a career passer rating of 158.3, highest you can get, over an 8 year career. He has a 87.5% completion percentage, a 50% TD percentage and 0 INTs.

But Atlanta goes with Matt Ryan and his career 94.9 passer rating instead.  Ninja

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Synric - 01-13-2019

(01-13-2019, 12:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. He rated poorly according to PFF (and looked as bad as his rating)
2. He has the huge cap hit of a franchise LT ($9.25 million)
3. He can be released with 0 dead money.

Only on these boards is an overpaid, underperforming player (with a perfect out) being cut considered a preposterous idea.

As for how we'd replace Glenn? Idk...maybe use that $9.25 million we saved by cutting him?  Facepalm

How about we think this through. 

Most of Glenn's pressures were in games when the defense was getting blown up (Panthers, Falcons, Saints, Ravens 23 pressures) and was likely if not the best run blocker a close second.

As for PFF Glenn graded out at 60 and the top guy Clint Boling graded out at 61....I know Boling is better than that. So I'm gonna give both these guys the benefit of the doubt.

I would rather they find a RT and fix the defense so the offense doesnt have to pass to catch up.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - mon4078 - 01-13-2019

I'm not saying that you cut Glenn i'm just saying that you go get the best player you can at every position. Whether it be a free agent,draft pick, or someone already on the team. You have to start by replacing the weakest positions on the team if you can do that and still upgrade other positions great. Plus its not like you can just pick a free agent because you want him he has to want to come here, that might be the biggest challenge.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Shake n Blake - 01-13-2019

(01-13-2019, 12:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Except for the "easy" to upgrade over Glenn part.....

What was Glenn's PFF position ranking again?

(01-13-2019, 01:12 PM)Synric Wrote: How about we think this through. 

Most of Glenn's pressures were in games when the defense was getting blown up (Panthers, Falcons, Saints, Ravens 23 pressures) and was likely if not the best run blocker a close second.

As for PFF Glenn graded out at 60 and the top guy Clint Boling graded out at 61....I know Boling is better than that. So I'm gonna give both these guys the benefit of the doubt.

I would rather they find a RT and fix the defense so the offense doesnt have to pass to catch up.

Are you implying I didn't think this through?  Hmm

Benefit of the doubt is something best reserved for guys not making $9.25 million. If you made $3 million and stunk, I may be more open to excuses. I expect more for that kind of coin. He has the 19th biggest cap hit among LT's for 2019. This doesn't sound terrible until you see that #24 only has a cap hit of $3.9 million. Glenn is still making franchise tackle money and he did not play like a franchise tackle.

I wanted the guy and even I'm willing to admit he was a pretty big disappointment.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - bfine32 - 01-13-2019

(01-13-2019, 12:08 PM)McC Wrote: You are out of your fricking mind.  Amazing what lengths...  Quite a few?  Do you really consider two to be quite a few?

178 yards a game.  Less than a TD pass per game.  Who gives a shit that he can run?  Fine.  Make him a RB.  Last I knew, a QB was kind of expected to throw the ball.

He is worthless and you're just being openly argumentative.  He didn't win in Buffalo.  Shady did.  Call up a Bills fan and ask if they want him back.  Or even a Browns fan.  Tyrod Taylor cost Hue his job.

Now sit there and tell me you want Tyrod as your starting QB.  

It's all moot anyway.  Not even the Bengals FO is moronic enough to want that turd.

U mad?

Where did I say I wanted Tyrod as our starting QB? Last a knew, a QB was a back in your backfield and you play to your strength. You think folks in Baltimore want to trade Lamar for Andy? I was simply pointing out that there's more than 1 stat that Tyrod trumps Andy and propensity to end a drive by INT is one of them.

Strongly worded post does not change these facts nor does it make me the one that is being "openly argumentative". 

Oh and Hue Jackson cost Hue Jackson his job. Just ask Nick Chubb

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - McC - 01-13-2019

90 is higher than 88

OMG.  Never mind.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Synric - 01-13-2019

(01-13-2019, 01:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What was Glenn's PFF position ranking again?

Benefit of the doubt is something best reserved for guys not making $9.25 million. If you made $3 million and stunk, I may be more open to excuses. I expect more for that kind of coin. He has the 19th biggest cap hit among LT's for 2019. This doesn't sound terrible until you see that #24 only has a cap hit of $3.9 million. Glenn is still making franchise tackle money and he did not play like a franchise tackle.

I wanted the guy and even I'm willing to admit he was a pretty big disappointment.

I am you looked at his pff and his price tag and said cut him. 

Look we know he struggled the entire team struggled like I said he graded out 1 point less than Boling who also struggled in pass protection. A huge reason was because how many times defenses were able to T off against the line because they didnt have to worry about run game.

PFF is a good jumping off point but not end all.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Sled21 - 01-13-2019

(01-13-2019, 01:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What was Glenn's PFF position ranking again?

I'm not saying Glenn didn't struggle, but people act like just getting a better tackle is easy. Teams that HAVE better tackles are going to hold onto them. Tackles in the draft that are better, will likely be gone before we pick. If one is there, so be it, but I doubt year one they will be better. Like I said, I'm all for upgrading every position, but we can't act like it's easy..... it's not, or everyone would do it.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - McC - 01-13-2019

90 is higher than 88

Okay.  Everybody who wants to be subjected to having to watch Tyrod Taylor play QB for us, please raise your hand.

Good God, don't you think Bengal fans have suffered enough.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - fredtoast - 01-13-2019

90 is higher than 88

Just look at Tyrod Taylor's passer rating when he does not have a running game in the top 5 in the league to carry him.

Taylor put up a decent passer rating with a top 5 running game, but his numbers would have been horrible if he had been playing witht he Teams dalton had.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - bengalfan74 - 01-13-2019

(01-13-2019, 02:15 PM)McC Wrote: Okay.  Everybody who wants to be subjected to having to watch Tyrod Taylor play QB for us, please raise your hand.

Good God, don't you think Bengal fans have suffered enough.

There won't be many hands ! In fact I doubt Taylor is even going to last a lot longer as a backup ?

(01-13-2019, 02:25 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: There won't be many hands ! In fact I doubt Taylor is even going to last a lot longer as a backup ?

I agree.  He stinks on ice.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - bengalfan74 - 01-13-2019

Yes he was

Glenn was very, very average at best. I sure hope he can stay healthy and turn it around next season.

(01-13-2019, 02:28 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes he was

Glenn was very, very average at best. I sure hope he can stay healthy and turn it around next season.

If they do keep him around, they need to put him on a serious diet.  That semi tire hanging around his waist cannot be doing him any good.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - bfine32 - 01-13-2019

(01-13-2019, 02:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just look at Tyrod Taylor's passer rating when he does not have a running game in the top 5 in the league to carry him.

Taylor put up a decent passer rating with a top 5 running game, but his numbers would have been horrible if he had been playing witht he Teams dalton had.

Speculation is fun; meaningless, but fun.

You have 0 idea what our Running game would have been if teams had to account for. Shady McCoy averaged over 1,000 yards per season at over 4.5 YPC the years TT started in Buffalo. This year he barely cracked 500 yards at 3.2 YPC. 

(01-13-2019, 02:32 PM)McC Wrote: If they do keep him around, they need to put him on a serious diet.  That semi tire hanging around his waist cannot be doing him any good.

Oh no doubt ! You'll never convince me a guy plays better with a 25 lb. beach ball tucked under his shirt.

(01-13-2019, 02:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Speculation is fun; meaningless, but fun.

You have 0 idea what our Running game would have been if teams had to account for. Shady McCoy averaged over 1,000 yards per season at over 4.5 YPC the years TT started in Buffalo. This year he barely cracked 500 yards at 3.2 YPC. 

You can argue until you're midnight blue in the face and you're never gonna convince anyone that he is a good QB.

(01-13-2019, 02:37 PM)McC Wrote: You can argue until you're midnight blue in the face and you're never gonna convince anyone that he is a good QB.

Nope, he's average. Just like what we have.