Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life (/Thread-I-expect-the-coaching-changes-to-give-Dalton-a-new-lease-on-his-Bengals-life)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - McC - 01-13-2019

(01-13-2019, 02:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, he's average. Just like what we have. 

Saying he is average is an insult to average.  Crap is crap.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - TrevBengal - 01-13-2019

Derek Carr
Matt Schaub
Marcus Mariotta
Tyrod Taylor
Dak Prescott
Colin Kaepernick

All have higher career passer ratings than Andy Dalton.

Yikes

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - fredtoast - 01-13-2019

(01-13-2019, 02:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Speculation is fun; meaningless, but fun.

Then pretty much every thread in this forum is meaningless.  All we do around here is speculate.

But if you don't want to speculate just look at Tyrods numbers with the Brownes comapred to with the Bills where he had a top 5 running game ever year he started.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - TrevBengal - 01-13-2019

(01-13-2019, 02:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then pretty much every thread in this forum is meaningless.  All we do around here is speculate.

But if you don't want to speculate just look at Tyrods numbers with the Brownes comapred to with the Bills where he had a top 5 running game ever year he started.

I guess that means baker mayfield is even more elite than we thought

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - bfine32 - 01-13-2019

(01-13-2019, 02:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then pretty much every thread in this forum is meaningless.  All we do around here is speculate.

Hell I just looked at Shady's number with and without TT as his QB; You know, that top 5 running game.

This is the same tired argument folks used when stating why Cam was outperforming Andy; until, I removed the QB rushing numbers from the equation. Then I switched the QB rushing numbers and guess what we currently had?

There's a population around her that will state QB X is not as good as Andy; despite the numbers, because of their supporting cast, who will also state Andy is better than QB Y; despite the numbers, because of their supporting staff.

If we asked rational folks who had the better supporting staff Andy in Cincy 2015-2017 or TT during the same time in Buffalo. who do you think would get the edge,

WTS, I've entertained this long enough, just tried to put some things in perspective when I saw the "TT is garbage" refrain; unfortunately, Jungle Noise is often not the place for perspective.  

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Atomic Orange - 01-13-2019

Bengals 3rd quarter scoring 2018:

Indy: Dalton 2 Green = 7
Carolina: Dalton 2 Boyd =7
Tampa: Bates pick 6 = 7
Baltimore: Dalton 2 Lingel =7
Baltimore: Dalton 2 Ross = 7
Cleveland: Driskel 2 Boyd = 7
Denver: Driskel 2 Core = 7

Games with ZERO 3rd Quarter Scoring aka: THE STAT KILLER aka Journalistic Jargon aka Marvin being SHUT DOWN:
Ravens 0 points
Falcons 0 points
Dolphins 0 points
Steelers 0 points
Chiefs 0 points
Saints 0 points
Chargers 0 points
Raiders 0 points
Cleveland 0 points
Steelers 0 points

SO yeah, a QB that gets to score in the 3rd quarter just may have a better stat line. Mellow

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Synric - 01-13-2019

Here's an insane stat.

Through week 6 Alex Redmond had given up 12 pressures in less than 2.5 seconds (8 hurries, 2 hits, 2 sacks).

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - fredtoast - 01-13-2019

(01-13-2019, 03:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If we asked rational folks who had the better supporting staff Andy in Cincy 2015-2017 or TT during the same time in Buffalo. who do you think would get the edge,

I don't know, Taylor had 2 Pro Bowl O-linemn and an All Pro RB. However Dalton had a higher passer rating than Taylor over that period plus he threw for 20% more yards and 35% more tds in the same number of games.

Daltons Passer Rating Ranks, by season, amongst qualified QBs

18th/32 in 2017 - Bottom 50%

26th/32 in 2018 - Bottom 50%

15th/30 in 2016 (Only 30 QBs qualified) - Exactly 50%

2nd/32 in 2015 - Top 50%

25th/32 in 2014 - Bottom 50%

15th/32 in 2013 - Top 50%

13th/32 in 2012 - Top 50%

20th/32 in 2011 - Bottom 50%

5 Seasons out of 8 he has been league average or worse

Facts

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Atomic Orange - 01-13-2019

Bengals don't show up for 3rd quarter and half of 4th during Marvin's tenure = facts (look it up)

Also, watching superior coaching destroy another team with a good QB. (Rivers)

No but seriously, go compare Dalton's 1st/2nd quarter stats vs 3rd/4th. You may be amazed.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-13-2019

(01-13-2019, 12:29 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Tyrod Taylor has a higher career QB rating than Andy. Why would folks be "done" if someone suggested he take over the helm?

Let me guess..."eyeball test".

Andy Dalton is, has been, and will be an average NFL starting QB. There;s a reason it's known as the Dalton line and it's solely because of #14.

Do we need to get rid of him? No. Would we be handicapped if we did? No. Will the same folks blame him for his average play and the other same folks blame everything else for his average play? Yes.

Dude is what he is: AVERAGE

Dude, you are crazy. This is why QB rating is completely overrated and something you shouldn't judge a QB on.

You have always hated Bengals QB's Bfine, cannot remember when you didn't.

If Tyrod came here you would hate him too.

Dalton's numbers are WAY better than Tyrod's, way better and he is a much better pocket passer.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Joelist - 01-13-2019

Let's remember how this started. We have a new member who so far has had a distinctly "creature that lives under bridge" quality to his posts. I say let's not feed it.

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - THE PISTONS - 01-13-2019

The thing I'll say on Dalton is he's an above average QB. Someone said on twitter, the way the Bengals are managed...the only way they can win a Super Bowl is if they hit the lottery on QB or Head Coach.

Now, IF this team aggressively built around him...it's a different story. Not having a Center that was better than Bad was a big disadvantage even on our best Bengal teams.

(01-13-2019, 04:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dude, you are crazy. This is why QB rating is completely overrated and something you shouldn't judge a QB on.

Dalton's numbers are WAY better than Tyrod's, way better and he is a much better pocket passer.

How are passer rating and qbr overrated?!?

Lol. The best qbs always have the best ratings.

Works pretty well. But I guess it’s biased vs only Andy

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-13-2019

(01-13-2019, 04:53 PM)Joelist Wrote: Let's remember how this started. We have a new member who so far has had a distinctly "creature that lives under bridge" quality to his posts. I say let's not feed it.

Good point, i will let it die.

Starve the bastid.

(01-13-2019, 04:54 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: How are passer rating and qbr overrated?!?

Lol.  The best qbs always have the best ratings.  

Passer rating is not overrated unless you claim it is the ONLY stat to judge QBs.

For example are you willing to argue that Ryan Fitzpatrick is a better QB than Tom Brady this year just because he had a higher passer rating?

(01-13-2019, 05:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Passer rating is not overrated unless you claim it is the ONLY stat to judge QBs.

For example are you willing to argue that Ryan Fitzpatrick is a better QB than Tom Brady this year just because he had a higher passer rating?

Fitzpatrick doesn’t qualify. He didn’t get enough pass attempts

RE: I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life - bfine32 - 01-13-2019

(01-13-2019, 04:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dude, you are crazy. This is why QB rating is completely overrated and something you shouldn't judge a QB on.

Where exactly have I hated Andy in this thread? 

Betcha can't find it. 

(01-13-2019, 04:53 PM)Joelist Wrote: Let's remember how this started. We have a new member who so far has had a distinctly "creature that lives under bridge" quality to his posts. I say let's not feed it.

Trolls come in all forms. 

(01-13-2019, 06:36 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Fitzpatrick doesn’t qualify.  He didn’t get enough pass attempts

Yes he did.