Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture (/Thread-Gary-Kubiak-could-be-back-in-picture)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - jj22 - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 01:05 PM)treee Wrote: I wouldn't go that far. Give them time to prove they won't implode haha. 

True, but they are making decisions I would want the Bengals to make, and that hasn't been the case in a long time.

RE: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - yellowxdiscipline - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 09:54 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Wouldn't hurt to bring him in for an interview, but we are kinda stuck until the Rams are eliminated.  I'd like Taylor to have a hand in picking his staff.

He probably already is we just aren't hearing about it.

Although hiring coordinators before a new coach and expecting him to want to work with these guys is totally in the realm of Mike Brown.

RE: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - THE PISTONS - 01-14-2019

Kubiak would be an ok hire...but going really young at HC, I'd like to see a really innovative OC too. Like I said though, Kubiak is a drastic improvement over Lazor.

RE: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - Au165 - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 01:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: Bevell is likely who he wants (but even that is based off a rumor, and the Bengals haven't even requested to interview him for an OC position which they could do if they knew he was the choice even if they don't hire him yet). Kubiak was an OC candidate when Joseph was a leading HC candidate from their time in Denver.

Although through Sherman, I'm sure Taylor knows of Kubiak, so you can't write him off. He's got an interview set up with Jacksonville tomorrow so it's not sounding like Taylor has been on the phone with him asking him to wait.

I don't think Kubiak had anything to do with Joseph (other than they knew each other) as it sounds like Taylor was always the guy. I'm not worried about it to be honest, no one here knew who Todd Monken was until everyone got excited he may be the next HC. There are a lot of candidates out there for both positions that no one here has heard of that are plenty capable of doing the job.

RE: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - THE PISTONS - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 01:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: I don't think Kubiak had anything to do with Joseph (other than they knew each other) as it sounds like Taylor was always the guy. I'm not worried about it to be honest, no one here knew who Todd Monken was until everyone got excited he may be the next HC. There are a lot of candidates out there for both positions that no one here has heard of that are plenty capable of doing the job.

Yep. Sometimes unknown is better. We may get someone to come in with an innovative scheme.

Although, with Taylors age and lack of even OC experience for a full season...we need someone experienced to come in with him at some position on the staff.

RE: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - Au165 - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 01:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. Sometimes unknown is better. We may get someone to come in with an innovative scheme.

Although, with Taylors age and lack of even OC experience for a full season...we need someone experienced to come in with him at some position on the staff.

Simmons and Pollack have plenty of experience, he will be okay. 

RE: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - Sled21 - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 12:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: Most teams with HC candidates going to the Superbowl, go ahead and hire the staff (sure they may get burned like the Colts "did").

With the Bengals scared to get in trouble, they haven't even begin to talk to Taylor (let alone his potential staff). Hopefully Taylor is taking some time to call and line them up and ask them to wait a couple weeks.

With the Bengals acting as tho their hands are tied, he's probably getting his first idea of the "challenges" working for this franchise.

It's still good Taylor is getting all this playoff experience, but with the Bengals not willing to talk to anyone until after the season ends, the assistant coaches on both sides of the ball are all slim picking now.

2019 may be a wash and then he'll get the staff he really wanted next year.

This is one of the biggest loads of crap that has ever been typed here.

1)The Bengals are not afraid of getting into trouble, the only way thye can get in trouble is if they come out and announce him. They haven't.

2) You have no idea if, or how much, the Bengals are talking to Taylor. They could be having conference calls with him everyday for all you or anyone else knows.

3)It is already apparent, and has been reported, that the HC candidate has made his wishes known as far as coaches. That's why some were let go and some were retained.

4)The Bengals are not "acting as though their hands are tied, they are following an NFL rule"

5)Again, you have no idea who the Bengals are talking to....

RE: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - The Real Deal - 01-14-2019

The dolphins seem to be making moves while waiting on the Pats LB coach. The bengals need to follow suit.

(01-14-2019, 01:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: This is one of the biggest loads of crap that has ever been typed here.

1)The Bengals are not afraid of getting into trouble, the only way thye can get in trouble is if they come out and announce him. They haven't.

2) You have no idea if, or how much, the Bengals are talking to Taylor. They could be having conference calls with him everyday for all you or anyone else knows.

3)It is already apparent, and has been reported, that the HC candidate has made his wishes known as far as coaches. That's why some were let go and some were retained.

4)The Bengals are not "acting as though their hands are tied, they are following an NFL rule"

5)Again, you have no idea who the Bengals are talking to....

I'm just going off of what was reported about them being "terrified".

In the mean time Dolphins aren't having no issues filling the staff of their HC who is still in the playoffs....

So something is up. You say they are talking, but they aren't even interviewing his OC/DC candidates. But carry on...

They are waiting. And they don't have to (as you can see with the Dolphins moves). That's my point.

(01-14-2019, 02:03 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm just going off of what was reported about them being "terrified".

In the mean time Dolphins aren't having no issues filling the staff of their HC who is still in the playoffs....

So something is up. But carry on...

Like I said, he could already have told them who he wants, and they could have hired them or come to agreements with them. Leaks do not come out of PBS like they do other stadiums. Just because we aren't hearing about it does not mean it is not happening.

RE: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - McC - 01-14-2019

I guess there are two ways to deal with the not knowing.

You can wait and see what happens.

You can go ahead and panic ahead of time.

I remember all the talk a week or two ago about the Bengals not being able to get the guy they want.

(01-14-2019, 02:06 PM)McC Wrote: I guess there are two ways to deal with the not knowing.

I remember all the talk a week or two ago about the Bengals not being able to get the guy they want.

really? cause most on here kept saying their options were still available.....

who was hired as HC that was on their list that caused this said panic?

(01-14-2019, 02:06 PM)McC Wrote: I guess there are two ways to deal with the not knowing.

When reporters can't get a leak to a story, they start throwing stuff against the wall just to see what sticks....

RE: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - The Real Deal - 01-14-2019

RE: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - Bronze Bengal - 01-14-2019

I would love for Kubiak to coach for The Bengals, in any capacity.

RE: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - fortyyearfan - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 12:51 PM)Synric Wrote: Browns hiring Steve Wilks as DC and Todd Monken at OC.

Todd Monken is an excellent coach and I was hoping cincy hired him for HC.He will make the Browns legit  and I am picking them to win the division this season and beyond.I could see them being a really tough team going forward.They are going to be really hard to beat with Steve Wilks and Todd Monken there.Both are HC material and will be in 2020.I expect us to finish last again.Too much new stuff and a lot of terrible players that need replaced.I see an 8 and 8 season just like I said this past season was.We need an updated and much better conditioning coach. ThumbsUp ThumbsUp Cool Cool Cool :andy: :andy: :andy: At least we will have a coach on the sidelines that looks like a coach and not someone with a huge gut stinking out and clapping their hands yelling LETS GO BOYS.I mean its gotta bring us some better press,RIGHT ????? :andy: :andy: :andy: ThumbsUp I just want to show us fans we are serious about winning and play hard.

RE: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - Shake n Blake - 01-14-2019

I love Kubiak as an OC candidate, but only if that's the guy Taylor wants.

Obviously Kubiak's HC experience would be valuable to a young guy like Taylor.

Btw, totally irrelevant, but Kubiak totally owned Marvin Lewis. IIRC, Kubiak was 7-0 against Marv.

I don't expect the Bengals to announce who the coordinators are before they announce the Head Coach, even if they are already hired. It would kind of steal the HC's thunder at his opening press conference. Get him in the door, then announce his staff..... for the same reason we are not hearing about position coaches being hired.

RE: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - XenoMorph - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 01:14 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: He probably already is we just aren't hearing about it.

Although hiring coordinators before a new coach and expecting him to want to work with these guys is totally in the realm of Mike Brown.

I think we don't wanna get left holding the bag like indy did when Mcdaniels backed out and they already hired everyone he wanted.

RE: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - Essex Johnson - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 01:14 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: He probably already is we just aren't hearing about it.

If you notice unless under wraps, we have had no interviews since letting go assistants.. this tells me that Taylor and Bengals organization probably have reached out to coaches about OC and DC already