Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture (/Thread-Gary-Kubiak-could-be-back-in-picture)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - jj22 - 01-14-2019

It turned out great for Indy, but not ideal (and with our luck it'd be a disaster).

Hopefully they know who they want and those people are waiting.

RE: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - Adamantium - 01-14-2019

Kubiak would be an exciting hire for OC. I hope it happens.

RE: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - psychdoctor - 01-14-2019

Can someone expand on Kubiak's philosophy as OC? If I remember correctly, Kubiak emphasizes the trenches which would favor the rebuild of the Bengals O-Line. But is he innovative? I have not followed him much. Monken would have been a good choice for OC but now he is a Brown so I hate him. Ninja

RE: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - McC - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 07:21 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Can someone expand on Kubiak's philosophy as OC?  If I remember correctly, Kubiak emphasizes the trenches which would favor the rebuild of the Bengals O-Line.  But is he innovative?  I have not followed him much.  Monken would have been a good choice for OC but now he is a Brown so I hate him.   Ninja

Good at running the ball.  I believe he came from the Shanahan tree.  Definitely uses the TE well.  Think Owen Daniels carving us up.   That's all I got.

RE: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - Essex Johnson - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 06:59 PM)Adamantium Wrote: Kubiak would be an exciting hire for OC. I hope it happens.

I dont see it i believe we already have a OC and DC with Taylor advice and waiting on making announcements after they hire Taylor.  KUBIAK is interview with Jags and Vikings,  he will be signed by Weds or Thurs

RE: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - Nati#1 - 01-14-2019

Darell Bevell has a better resume. He's had some of the best offenses in Seattle since 2011.

RE: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - wolfkaosaun - 01-14-2019

Kubiak just joined the Vikings staff

RE: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - The Real Deal - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 07:48 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Kubiak just joined the Vikings staff

Our new coach better have a plan for coordinators. The pool is getting shallow.

RE: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - jj22 - 01-14-2019

Good grab Zimmer.

The Bevell rumors must be true. Hopefully (if it's down to him or McAdoo). Or there's still Press. We'll need a strong DC if it's Press. To balance out the inexperience on Offense.

I really do not want it to be press. I’m fine with Bevell or Mcadoo, both have nice OC success.

The DC spot is concerning. I wonder what Taylor has up his sleeve. Hope it’s good...

RE: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - Shake n Blake - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 06:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I think we don't wanna get left holding the bag like indy did when Mcdaniels backed out and they already hired everyone he wanted.

Yeah I think that's exactly why they're holding off. It could also be why coaches are reluctant to commit before the HC is signed and ready to go.

(01-14-2019, 06:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: It turned out great for Indy, but not ideal (and with our luck it'd be a disaster).

Hopefully they know who they want and those people are waiting.

They dodged a bullet there. I hated McDaniels and though Reich was a great hire.

(01-14-2019, 10:45 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I really do not want it to be press. I’m fine with Bevell or Mcadoo, both have nice OC success.

The DC spot is concerning. I wonder what Taylor has up his sleeve. Hope it’s good...

Me neither. 

1) He's too young (31). With a young HC, I'd want him surrounded by experience. 

2) I don't like the thought of the Head Coach's bro having a prominent spot on the staff. You'd have to wonder about accountability, and I can't imagine other coaches being totally comfortable in that situation. Especially since his father in law (Mike Sherman) has already been mentioned as a possible consultant. The Bengals already have too much nepotism going on.

(01-14-2019, 11:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah I think that's exactly why they're holding off. It could also be why coaches are reluctant to commit before the HC is signed and ready to go.

Me neither. 

1) He's too young (31). With a young HC, I'd want him surrounded by experience. 

2) I don't like the thought of the Head Coach's bro having a prominent spot on the staff. You'd have to wonder about accountability, and I can't imagine other coaches being totally comfortable in that situation. Especially since his father in law (Mike Sherman) has already been mentioned as a possible consultant. The Bengals already have too much nepotism going on.

To me, it depends on how good the brother is. Being family should not automatically grt you the job but it shouldn't automatically prevent you from getting it either. Just get the best people for the job.

Plus, some of these young guys are debunking the myth that it takes twenty years to work your way up the ladder.

(01-14-2019, 11:15 PM)McC Wrote: To me, it depends on how good the brother is. Being family should not automatically grt you the job but it shouldn't automatically prevent you from getting it either. Just get the best people for the job.

Plus, some of these young guys are debunking the myth that it takes twenty years to work your way up the ladder.

Sure there’s a chance he could be great. But as Shake said, with the new coach being in his first head coaching position it makes sense to surround him with coordinators that have experience. As much as it pains me to say it, Cleveland put their staff together perfectly. We need to do something similar and at the very least get Mcadoo or Bevell as OC. As for DC, I have no idea what they can do to follow the experienced coordinator template.

(01-14-2019, 11:25 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Sure there’s a chance he could be great. But as Shake said, with the new coach being in his first head coaching position it makes sense to surround him with coordinators that have experience. As much as it pains me to say it, Cleveland put their staff together perfectly. We need to do something similar and at the very least get Mcadoo or Bevell as OC. As for DC, I have no idea what they can do to follow the experienced coordinator template.

Somebody mentioned it, and I think I agree, that Zac has already made his choices known and it is being taken care of behind the scenes.

But from everything I've read, Press is also a Hc in the making.  Chances are probably pretty strong that Philly would block him from leaving anyway.

Something to think about, though--if you're bringing a new way of doing things, how important is experience in doing it the older way?  I'm not saying you should have a whole staff of 30 year olds.  But if you're not doing it the old way, what will older guys be able to give you?

Give me somebody with a plan to stop these new ages offenses.  I don't care if he's 30 or 70. And this is coming from an old guy.

(01-14-2019, 11:34 PM)McC Wrote: Somebody mentioned it, and I think I agree, that Zac has already made his choices known and it is being taken care of behind the scenes.

But from everything I've read, Press is also a Hc in the making.  Chances are probably pretty strong that Philly would block him from leaving anyway.

Something to think about, though--if you're bringing a new way of doing things, how important is experience in doing it the older way?  I'm not saying you should have a whole staff of 30 year olds.  But if you're not doing it the old way, what will older guys be able to give you?

Give me somebody with a plan to stop these new ages offenses.  I don't care if he's 30 or 70. And this is coming from an old guy.

I see the point, I just think getting some experience mixed with the youth on staff can be a great concoction. For example, the Rams hired Wade Phillips who has 49 years of coaching experience and They have Jedd Fisch as a senior offensive assistant that has 20 years of experience. Those have no doubt been valuable commodities for Sean Mcvay to have.

RE: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - Adamantium - 01-15-2019

(01-14-2019, 10:45 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I really do not want it to be press. I’m fine with Bevell or Mcadoo, both have nice OC success.

Is Jack Del Rio still available? At this point I wouldn't mind him as DC.

RE: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - Sled21 - 01-15-2019

(01-14-2019, 07:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I dont see it i believe we already have a OC and DC with Taylor advice and waiting on making announcements after they hire Taylor.  KUBIAK is interview with Jags and Vikings,  he will be signed by Weds or Thurs

Yep, they are not going to steal Taylors thunder by announcing Coordinators before he gets named HC.... just not going to happen.

RE: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - sandwedge - 01-15-2019

Maybe our new OC and DC are still in the playoffs?

RE: Gary Kubiak could be back in picture - Bronze Bengal - 01-15-2019

(01-14-2019, 07:48 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Kubiak just joined the Vikings staff

My initial gut reaction as a Bengals fan
[Image: Kirk-Angerkickchair.gif]