Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Devin white declared - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: Devin white declared (/Thread-Devin-white-declared)

Devin white declared - Jpoore - 01-14-2019

Our top target by a wide margin waited till the last minute and scared the hell out of me.

RE: Devin white declared - yellowxdiscipline - 01-14-2019

I hope hes there at 11.

RE: Devin white declared - 3wt - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 01:51 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I hope hes there at 11.

That is also my concern.

I want him, Jonah Williams or Christian Wilkins.

Strong probabliity that none of them will be there.

RE: Devin white declared - CJD - 01-14-2019

Every year there is a player or two in the first round that the general public seems to come to a consensus that the value of the player, draft position and player position aligns perfectly to form the obvious choice for the Bengals.

It always makes Mock Drafts devolve into either "I'm going with the obvious choice" or "Here's an outside the box choice" versions of the draft.

This year, I assume White is going to be that player. Let's see what kind of mock drafts people come up with in the coming months...

RE: Devin white declared - Au165 - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 02:27 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Every year there is a player or two in the first round that the general public seems to come to a consensus that the value of the player, draft position and player position aligns perfectly to form the obvious choice for the Bengals.

It always makes Mock Drafts devolve into either "I'm going with the obvious choice" or "Here's an outside the box choice" versions of the draft.

This year, I assume White is going to be that player. Let's see what kind of mock drafts people come up with in the coming months...

He will draw a lot of Ryan Shazier comparisons and if he runs a low 4.4 at the combine more people will jump on board. Shazier was a similar prospect who people at times wondered if he could stack and shed but he didn’t really struggle. Both struggle at times with being too aggressive on the run allowing for some play action throws behind them.

I think 11 is a good slot for him but a trade back is possible too in this draft. A lot of it will come down the QBs like it tends to be in most drafts.

RE: Devin white declared - ochocincos - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 03:01 PM)Au165 Wrote: He will draw a lot of Ryan Shazier comparisons and if he runs a low 4.4 at the combine more people will jump on board. Shazier was a similar prospect who people at times wondered if he could stack and shed but he didn’t really struggle. Both struggle at times with being too aggressive on the run allowing for some play action throws behind them.

I think 11 is a good slot for him but a trade back is possible too in this draft. A lot of it will come down the QBs like it tends to be in most drafts.

I'll be really interested to see what the new regime will prioritize.
Also, if it's Taylor (or Waldron), perhaps we see Cory Littleton follow.
Littleton did pretty darn well this year, especially given he was a former UDFA just three years ago.
Him and Devin White would be a solid duo, especially because Littleton probably will be cheaper than some of the more marquee-name LBs.

(01-14-2019, 05:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'll be really interested to see what the new regime will prioritize.
Also, if it's Taylor (or Waldron), perhaps we see Cory Littleton follow.
Littleton did pretty darn well this year, especially given he was a former UDFA just three years ago.
Him and Devin White would be a solid duo, especially because Littleton probably will be cheaper than some of the more marquee-name LBs.

Littleton isn't a bad option, especially to be a Will. He is a bit undersized for a stack linebacker but you can keep him a bit more clean playing at Will in base and letting him playing in the coverage packages on passing downs. 

(01-14-2019, 05:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: Littleton isn't a bad option, especially to be a Will. He is a bit undersized for a stack linebacker but you can keep him a bit more clean playing at Will in base and letting him playing in the coverage packages on passing downs. 

That was my thinking. White at MIKE, Littleton at WILL.

(01-14-2019, 05:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That was my thinking. White at MIKE, Littleton at WILL.

That would seem like a realistic option to help the LB group. I honestly wouldn't even mind resigning Brown on a one year to give us flexibility just in case White isn't there when we pick. I think  Brown really never got a fair crack with his early injury. Then if we end up having to settle for a guy a little later we can start the year with Brown and transition to a rookie who may take a little more time. 

(01-14-2019, 05:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: That would seem like a realistic option to help the LB group. I honestly wouldn't even mind resigning Brown on a one year to give us flexibility just in case White isn't there when we pick. I think  Brown really never got a fair crack with his early injury. Then if we end up having to settle for a guy a little later we can start the year with Brown and transition to a rookie who may take a little more time. 

Brown would be a good option to keep because exactly as you said.
If FA was after the draft vs before, it'd be a different story.