Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Kyler Murray chooses NFL (for now). - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: Kyler Murray chooses NFL (for now). (/Thread-Kyler-Murray-chooses-NFL-for-now)

Pages: 1 2 3

Kyler Murray chooses NFL (for now). - Chezaugie - 01-14-2019

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/story/_/id/25761371/kyler-murray-oklahoma-sooners-qb-enters-nfl-draft

Would hate to be the team that drafts him and then he decides to go to MLB.

RE: Kyler Murray chooses NFL (for now). - McC - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 06:53 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/story/_/id/25761371/kyler-murray-oklahoma-sooners-qb-enters-nfl-draft

I've heard it said that he likes baseball but he loves football.  Gotta think if he is a first round pick that he would play football.  Maybe he tries to do both.

RE: Kyler Murray chooses NFL (for now). - Chezaugie - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 06:59 PM)McC Wrote: I've heard it said that he likes baseball but he loves football.  Gotta think if he is a first round pick that he would play football.  Maybe he tries to do both.

CBS has Kyler going to Giants and the Bengals trade down to Washington so they can get Lock. They predict Bengals get OT Williams as well as draft pick(s). Would love this scenario.

(01-14-2019, 07:04 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: CBS has Kyler going to Giants and the Bengals trade down to Washington so they can get Lock. They predict Bengals get OT Williams as well as draft pick(s). Would love this scenario.

That would be great.

RE: Kyler Murray chooses NFL (for now). - TheLeonardLeap - 01-14-2019

Murray is going to get murdered in the NFL.

He's going to measure out at like 5'8 7/8th" and 193lbs at the combine, and people are just going to laugh. (Or he's going to drink a gallon of water before the weigh-in and hold it in so he breaks 200lbs.)

There's 0 chance a 190-195lb guy who rushes as much as he did will ever survive. He's going to be 1"+ shorter than Wilson, and 20-25lbs lighter.

He's going to be a lighter version of GIOVANI BERNARD. Trying to play scrambling QB. Just imagine that.

Dwayne Haskins on the left is 6'3, 215lbs... Murray is in the middle.
[Image: Dw5hl_KVsAAzZ9q.jpg:large]

(01-14-2019, 07:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Murray is going to get murdered in the NFL.

He's going to measure out at like 5'8 7/8th" and 193lbs at the combine, and people are just going to laugh. (Or he's going to drink a gallon of water before the weigh-in and hold it in so he breaks 200lbs.)

There's 0 chance a 190-195lb guy who rushes as much as he did will ever survive. He's going to be 1"+ shorter than Wilson, and 20-25lbs lighter.

He's going to be a lighter version of GIOVANI BERNARD. Trying to play scrambling QB. Just imagine that.

Dwayne Haskins on the left is 6'3, 215lbs... Murray is in the middle.
[Image: Dw5hl_KVsAAzZ9q.jpg:large]

I think he's too small too.  But Brees was too short until he wasn't.  Wilson was too short until he wasn't.  You never know what a guy can do until you see it.  I'm sure he's been told he can't his whole life.

(01-14-2019, 07:24 PM)McC Wrote: I think he's too small too.  But Brees was too short until he wasn't.  Wilson was too short until he wasn't.  You never know what a guy can do until you see it.  I'm sure he's been told he can't his whole life.

I specifically addressed Wilson in my post. He is a slightly shorter, and 20-25lb lighter version of Wilson.

He is a 190-195lb QB who ran 10x a game.

He is going to be a slightly lighter version of Giovani Bernard when the combine numbers come out.

RE: Kyler Murray chooses NFL (for now). - Synric - 01-14-2019

Kyler Murray is a read option 5'9 sub 200 lbs one read and run QB that plays in the big 12...Hard Pass.

2018 was Drew Locks most accurate year and his ball placement is all over the place...Pass.

RE: Kyler Murray chooses NFL (for now). - 6andcounting - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 07:47 PM)Synric Wrote: Kyler Murray is a read option 5'9 sub 200 lbs one read and run QB that plays in the big 12...Hard Pass.

2018 was Drew Locks most accurate year and his ball placement is all over the place...Pass.

Based on this scouting report, I'd so both end up drafted by the Ravens. 

RE: Kyler Murray chooses NFL (for now). - bengalfan74 - 01-14-2019

Flutie, Brees, and Wilson have all had success in the NFL at under 6' tall but...... they're all like 5' 10 1/2, 5' 11". Wilson has an otherwordly ability to avoid taking big hits and Brees knows when to take the sack and live for another play.

Can a guy that won't even break 5' 9" do it as well ? I have serious doubts. If he tries to run he will be busted up in short order unless he taps his inner Russell Wilson and fast.

(01-14-2019, 08:57 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Flutie, Brees, and Wilson have all had success in the NFL at under 6' tall but...... they're all like 5' 10 1/2, 5' 11". Wilson has an otherwordly ability to avoid taking big hits and Brees knows when to take the sack and live for another play.

Can a guy that won't even break 5' 9" do it as well ? I have serious doubts. If he tries to run he will be busted up in short order unless he taps his inner Russell Wilson and fast.

More than the height is the weight. Dude's 190-195.

Also Flutie had "success". He's beloved, but he never threw 3,500 yards, he never threw more than 20 TDs, he had a career completion % of 54.7, averaged 6.8 YPA, 86 TD/68 INT (with another 14 fumbles lost).

That's great if you're an underdog 11th round pick like Flutie... but can you imagine if he put up that career as a 1st round pick like Murray might be? (Flutie also won the Heisman the year before being drafted, too, interestingly enough.)

RE: Kyler Murray chooses NFL (for now). - BengalChris - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 06:53 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/story/_/id/25761371/kyler-murray-oklahoma-sooners-qb-enters-nfl-draft

Good for him. We won't be drafting him. Maybe he can play mini-WR.

(01-14-2019, 09:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: More than the height is the weight. Dude's 190-195.

Also Flutie had "success". He's beloved, but he never threw 3,500 yards, he never threw more than 20 TDs, he had a career completion % of 54.7, averaged 6.8 YPA, 86 TD/68 INT (with another 14 fumbles lost).

That's great if you're an underdog 11th round pick like Flutie... but can you imagine if he put up that career as a 1st round pick like Murray might be? (Flutie also won the Heisman the year before being drafted, too, interestingly enough.)

Oh I get it. There's no way I'd spend a 1st round pick on him ! 

If I had a totally stacked team and just wanted to take a flyer on a hybrid RB/WR gadget play QB that might develop into a QB, maybe a 2nd ?

RE: Kyler Murray chooses NFL (for now). - Synric - 01-14-2019

(01-14-2019, 10:43 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh I get it. There's no way I'd spend a 1st round pick on him ! 

If I had a totally stacked team and just wanted to take a flyer on a hybrid RB/WR gadget play QB that might develop into a QB, maybe a 2nd ?

If Murray goes in the second round he would take a 50% pay cut from what he's offered to play baseball.

(01-14-2019, 10:47 PM)Synric Wrote: If Murray goes in the second round he would take a 50% pay cut from what he's offered to play baseball.

Yep,

I'm not saying he won't go in the first round. In fact he may go very high in the first round ! I'm just saying I wouldn't take him in the first round. 

He may break all the rules and have a hell of an NFL career at QB ? I just wouldn't bet that high on it. If I was him I'd go baseball and not even blink.

Perhaps he's afraid his hitting isn't up to snuff ?

(01-14-2019, 07:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I specifically addressed Wilson in my post. He is a slightly shorter, and 20-25lb lighter version of Wilson.

He is a 190-195lb QB who ran 10x a game.

He is going to be a slightly lighter version of Giovani Bernard when the combine numbers come out.

I don't see the future like you so I have no idea what he'll do.  But it's not like no one has ever beaten the odds in the NFL.  

RE: Kyler Murray chooses NFL (for now). - Au165 - 01-14-2019

My post history will show it but I have said from the very beginning when everyone said he wouldn’t go to football and it wasn’t even a discussion that he will pull an elway. He will tell specific teams he is willing to play for that they can draft him but only in the first round To ensure he makes the right amount of money. After that he will tell all teams he will simply play baseball. He will use his leverage to plan his landing spot for the best possible outcome versus going to a shit team.

RE: Kyler Murray chooses NFL (for now). - J24 - 01-14-2019

He will be a late first RD pick when it is all said and done. I think having only one season as a starter hurts him more than his size does. He has the Arm and Athletic ability to be great and teams will be willing to build a system around him.

(01-14-2019, 11:13 PM)McC Wrote: I don't see the future like you so I have no idea what he'll do.  But it's not like no one has ever beaten the odds in the NFL.  

What a sad sad life that must be.

Ninja

RE: Kyler Murray chooses NFL (for now). - Whatever - 01-15-2019

(01-14-2019, 11:16 PM)Au165 Wrote: My post history will show it but I have said from the very beginning when everyone said he wouldn’t go to football and it wasn’t even a discussion that he will pull an elway. He will tell specific teams he is willing to play for that they can draft him but only in the first round To ensure he makes the right amount of money. After that he will tell all teams he will simply play baseball. He will use his leverage to plan his landing spot for the best possible outcome versus going to a shit team.

I think I remember seeing where he said he wants $15 mil guaranteed from the A's to forgo the NFL draft.  I can see him giving it a year or two in the NFL, then going back to baseball.  Depending on where he's drafted, the offset language in his contract will be interesting.