Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Frank Pollack gone. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Frank Pollack gone. (/Thread-Frank-Pollack-gone)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Frank Pollack gone. - 3wt - 01-16-2019

(01-15-2019, 08:37 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Hart should have never been the RT to start with. Redmond played poorly as well.

And true, but at the same time how can you improve an offensive line if you don't have a say on who the starters are?
We've seen that Marvin decides who starts. Look at Bill Lazor talking about Joe Mixon's lack of touches. It's out of their control and was in Marvin's hands.

Not being on the inside I can't know for sure.   But one of my major problems with Marvin was that he undermined his coordinators and players.

(01-15-2019, 09:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Didn’t see pollack was gone till now. Really liked him but I agree with many on here. Gotta let the new HC pick his staff and players. This stuff is getting better everyday.

I see the point, and certainly has the potential to be a positive.

But when your star running back is upset about the loss and Lap (who knows a little about the O line) has been so effusive about this guy, I think we've hit the first reason the new regime stumbles and fails.

I know.   Very emotional and negative.  But so far I think all of us have a good gut on what they do right and wrong.

And we're usually right.

RE: Frank Pollack gone. - pally - 01-16-2019

(01-16-2019, 11:52 AM)3wt Wrote: I see the point, and certainly has the potential to be a positive.

But when your star running back is upset about the loss and Lap (who knows a little about the O line) has been so effusive about this guy, I think we've hit the first reason the new regime stumbles and fails.

I know.   Very emotional and negative.  But so far I think all of us have a good gut on what they do right and wrong.

And we're usually right.

But now it is being reported that he resigned so there is more to this story that will likely come out. They obviously let him out of his contract but it appears that he no longer wanted to be in Cincinnati

(01-16-2019, 11:57 AM)pally Wrote: But now it is being reported that he resigned so there is more to this story that will likely come out. They obviously let him out of his contract but it appears that he no longer wanted to be in Cincinnati

Which is also a red flag

RE: Frank Pollack gone. - jj22 - 01-16-2019

We wanted change. We are here now. Not sure I care for this move, but we just have to wait and see. I'm not sold on Sherman tho. But what can you say. There isn't much to choose from anymore, so no hire is going to blow us away at this point.

RE: Frank Pollack gone. - Bengalholic - 01-16-2019

Listening to Lap on McAlister's show, Lap said Taylor likely wanted his own guy that he had a trust factor with, and that Pollack might have opportunities to go to Indy or Minnestota. 

He also mentioned Mike Sherman, Bill Callahan and Jim Turner as possible replacements (although Callahan is still under contract).

RE: Frank Pollack gone. - fredtoast - 01-16-2019

(01-16-2019, 11:52 AM)3wt Wrote: But when your star running back is upset about the loss and Lap (who knows a little about the O line) has been so effusive about this guy, I think we've hit the first reason the new regime stumbles
Neither mixon nor lapham have ever coached or worked in a front office.  If they want to build a team then they should quit their current jobs and start applying with NFL teams.
Ive seen enough former players fail in front office positions to realize that many of them are not that smart about building teams and coaching staffs.

RE: Frank Pollack gone. - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-16-2019

(01-15-2019, 10:36 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: He'll fit right in with our rumored new DC: Joey JERRY Porter

FIFY :andy:

(01-16-2019, 12:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Neither mixon nor lapham have ever coached or worked in a front office.  If they want to build a team then they should quit their current jobs and start applying with NFL teams.
Ive seen enough former players fail in front office positions to realize that many of them are not that smart about building teams and coaching staffs.

Yeah I temporarily joined the Chicken Little family.    Should have waited to post.  I just need to wait along with everyone to see how everything plays out.

(01-15-2019, 10:46 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike Brown wants the new head coach to hire his own staff.  This is a miracle.

It may not be Mike..... :andy:

(01-15-2019, 11:56 PM)XsandOs Wrote: A question that you have to ask yourself is what was it exactly that you liked about Pollack - other than he replaced Alexander?

Did his zone/jump set philosophy have a significant impact?

Ultimately, can a Taylor guy do the same or better?

My bigger concern is the DC job.

Joe Mixon's stats say he improved the run game immensely.

(01-16-2019, 01:00 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Bittersweet. I liked Pollack, but this is a another sign that Taylor has 100% control over picking his staff. This is a benefit that even Marvin Lewis didn't get starting out. Marvin was stuck with many offensive coaches, including Bratkowski, Paul Alexander and several position coaches. So if anyone was worried about a new coach not getting the control Marv had, it looks like you can stop worrying.

Yep, it's been a gripe of ours for what seems like an eternity....we'll see how it pans out.

(01-16-2019, 08:19 AM)Takedown Wrote: Eh... For everyone who isn’t a fan of this move, please take into consideration that even GREAT coaches are let go every year for various reasons... I for one am excited about this move. Whether it pans out or not, we are swinging for the fences here by letting Taylor orchestrate his staff. Isn’t that what we wanted? You can’t have your cake and eat it too (not right now anyway).

I could see it being a scheme thing, or it could actually be a thing where if there’s any seniority left on this staff, they may be shown the door. Why? He wants respect and to be looked at as the head honcho. You can’t tell me players wouldn’t have gone to Hue or Lazor with certain questions due to their comfort level with them instead of going to Taylor with HC type questions? Maybe not all players. This could be looked at as, “why does that matter?”.

I’ve worked in supervisor and manament roles before. I’ve walked into places knowing I had to earn respect with people that have been there long before me (5-10 years). Despite me being in the lead role, there would be people looking to others with seniority for answers and never coming to me with a work related issue. I wanted things done my way, not the old comfortable/wrong way. It’s apples to oranges I suppose in a way. Logistics vs. NFL lol.

My point is, we don’t want anyone stepping on Taylor’s toes. Out with old, in with the new. Just my two cents. Good luck Pollack.

Very well said, pretty much what I would have said about the move.  I've been in your situation as well.

(01-16-2019, 11:47 AM)pally Wrote: It is now being reported by Elise Jesse that Pollock left of his own accord.  He quit.

Well.... Mellow

(01-16-2019, 12:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Listening to Lap on McAlister's show, Lap said Taylor likely wanted his own guy that he had a trust factor with, and that Pollack might have opportunities to go to Indy or Minnestota. 

He also mentioned Mike Sherman, Bill Callahan and Jim Turner as possible replacements (although Callahan is still under contract).

Sounds like a mutual thing.....hope the new cat gets it right.

RE: Frank Pollack gone. - HarleyDog - 01-16-2019

(01-16-2019, 12:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: We wanted change. We are here now.

Good point. Sometimes change is scary but we will see. We may be doing back flips this time next year or year after. Or, we could be doing the alternative which would be complaining we need change, LOL. Either way, man this next season is going to be both awesome and nail biting to watch. Would be a good year to be on HBOHK.

RE: Frank Pollack gone. - rfaulk34 - 01-16-2019

(01-16-2019, 09:22 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Are the tweets that I’m postingshowing up for everyone? I’m embedding them like I always do and they aren’t showing up on my end? What gives?

"Mixon, whose account is private – meaning the tweet cannot be directly copied – "

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/16/joe-mixon-cryptic-tweet-bengals-letting-frank-pollack-go/

RE: Frank Pollack gone. - Shake n Blake - 01-16-2019

(01-16-2019, 02:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: "Mixon, whose account is private – meaning the tweet cannot be directly copied – "

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/16/joe-mixon-cryptic-tweet-bengals-letting-frank-pollack-go/

We went from 29th in yards per carry to 8th under Pollack. So I get Mixon's frustration...but he needs to support the changes being made. This team is 13-19 since Mixon got here, so he should understand why sweeping changes were made. In fact, he should be enthusiastic about it, unless he's only worried about his own personal success.

RE: Frank Pollack gone. - I_C_DeadPeople - 01-16-2019

Mixon has only played for 2 OL coaches and one was the ketchup whisperer. So after him, no doubt Pollack looked God-like.

RE: Frank Pollack gone. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-16-2019

(01-16-2019, 03:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We went from 29th in yards per carry to 8th under Pollack. So I get Mixon's frustration...but he needs to support the changes being made. This team is 13-19 since Mixon got here, so he should understand why sweeping changes were made. In fact, he should be enthusiastic about it, unless he's only worried about his own personal success.

Kind of what i was thinking, but it is just a tweet and i can understand why Mixon liked Pollack, most of us did.

I think he wants to win #1.

(01-16-2019, 03:37 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Mixon has only played for 2 OL coaches and one was the ketchup whisperer. So after him, no doubt Pollack looked God-like.

True that.

(01-16-2019, 03:37 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Mixon has only played for 2 OL coaches and one was the ketchup whisperer. So after him, no doubt Pollack looked God-like.

LMAO.....that's actually a good point. LMAO :andy:

RE: Frank Pollack gone. - psychdoctor - 01-16-2019

(01-16-2019, 09:22 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Are the tweets that I’m postingshowing up for everyone? I’m embedding them like I always do and they aren’t showing up on my end? What gives?

I just assumed that you were showing off your command of Attic Greek Language or simply using a computer hacking program to get your information.   Nervous

(01-16-2019, 11:47 AM)3wt Wrote: I mean you just have to wait to see what Taylor has done.

But I'm with Mixon.   Letting Pollack go was a major mistake, and strongly colors my opinion of Taylor.

Sherman is better 3wt, not sure the team will get him though.  

RE: Frank Pollack gone. - The Real Deal - 01-16-2019

(01-16-2019, 06:11 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I just assumed that you were showing off your command of Attic Greek Language or simply using a computer hacking program to get your information.   Nervous

Looks like it’s a site problem. All of the old tweets that were posted in other theeads are showing up the same way.

Probably not realistic but I always wonder why the team did not have Anthony Munoz involved with the team in some capacity.