Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Both teams in Cincy heading to new management - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Cincinnati Reds (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Reds)
+--- Thread: Both teams in Cincy heading to new management (/Thread-Both-teams-in-Cincy-heading-to-new-management)

Both teams in Cincy heading to new management - grampahol - 01-25-2019

I don't remember a season when both the Reds and Bengals changed nearly their entire staffs in the same year. I don't want to say it's a given both teams will be championship bound, but it would be something if it actually happened. The odds aren't real great, but stranger things have happened. I think they're up against the trillionaire class, but hopefully not impossible that we could be seeing a complete resurgence of both professional teams in Cincinnati. 

RE: Both teams in Cincy heading to new management - psychdoctor - 01-25-2019

(01-25-2019, 04:00 AM)grampahol Wrote: I don't remember a season when both the Reds and Bengals changed nearly their entire staffs in the same year. I don't want to say it's a given both teams will be championship bound, but it would be something if it actually happened. The odds aren't real great, but stranger things have happened. I think they're up against the trillionaire class, but hopefully not impossible that we could be seeing a complete resurgence of both professional teams in Cincinnati. 

It is refreshing for sure.  I can see the Reds reaching .500 maybe 85 wins, which is pretty good considering last year.  Bengals, still have a lot of holes to fill. But if they address linebacker, OL, and maybe TE, they will be decent.  It is nice that both teams changed entire staff.  I cannot remember this happening before.  

RE: Both teams in Cincy heading to new management - bengalfan74 - 01-25-2019

I can see both teams being more competitive next season. Just how far they can take it up in one off season ?

RE: Both teams in Cincy heading to new management - Goalpost - 01-25-2019

1st time ever the Reds and Bengals both finished last in the same year

RE: Both teams in Cincy heading to new management - Circleville Guy - 01-25-2019

(01-25-2019, 04:00 AM)grampahol Wrote: I don't remember a season when both the Reds and Bengals changed nearly their entire staffs in the same year. I don't want to say it's a given both teams will be championship bound, but it would be something if it actually happened. The odds aren't real great, but stranger things have happened. I think they're up against the trillionaire class, but hopefully not impossible that we could be seeing a complete resurgence of both professional teams in Cincinnati. 

I was gonna start a thread like this a couple of weeks ago. It’s been awhile since I’ve been excited about both organizations at the same time.

RE: Both teams in Cincy heading to new management - guyofthetiger - 01-26-2019

There is optimism every time a new manager takes over. Optimism does not necessarily equate to wins. We'll see.

RE: Both teams in Cincy heading to new management - Circleville Guy - 01-26-2019

(01-26-2019, 02:54 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: There is optimism every time a new manager takes over. Optimism does not necessarily equate to wins. We'll see.

True, the Reds have had about 5-6 possible and maybe even probable upgrades to the roster also though.