Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
In your opinion, what should we draft with our first 5 picks? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: In your opinion, what should we draft with our first 5 picks? (/Thread-In-your-opinion-what-should-we-draft-with-our-first-5-picks)

Pages: 1 2 3

In your opinion, what should we draft with our first 5 picks? - Andy2AJ - 01-28-2019

Like most of you, I’m pumped and ready for the zac Taylor era to begin. My question is in order of need, what do you feel we need to draft with the first 5 picks? One thing that has me worried is the redskins are interested in Andy dalton, and I don’t want Tannehill nor do I think there is a qb worthy of the 11th over all pick. Does anyone think we would actually trade Andy to the redskins? In my opinion I think we need the following

1. Linebacker- really like white from LSU if he’s there
2. Right tackle/guard
3. Secondary- cb or safety denard being a fa, and Kirkpatrick is kind of slipping. He’s still good but if we can upgrade I’m all for it
4. Wr/ tight end- I know we may bring eifert back and we don’t know what we will do with Ross but with aj getting older and boyd in his last yr we will need help. I think they find a way to resign Boyd because he’s only going to get better.
5. DE/dt Billings is ok but geno needs help. We need someone who can stop the gaping holes in the run game. With DE, Michael Johnson is 132 years old, and Lawson is good but we need someone to help Dunlap rush from the edge.

I’m interested to hear everyone’s take, because I think Taylor will get high character guys and if we get del rio he will be able to help pick out the right talent. I know there are a lot of people that didn’t like Nickerson, but I didn’t think he was absolutely awful. Finally, do you think we sign anyone as a free agent since it seems there maybe changes on the horiztfor the new look bengals?

RE: In your opinion, what should we draft with our first 5 picks? - Brownshoe - 01-28-2019

OL and LB I dont care about anything else right now. I havent been looking into the draft at all though, so if theres a stud then obviously take him.

RE: In your opinion, what should we draft with our first 5 picks? - JWW1971 - 01-28-2019

We need to get out LB and O-Line fixed, if the players are available in the first few rounds then we need to get them.
It depends also on what the new HC thinks of the talent we have and who the are willing to let leave in free agency

RE: In your opinion, what should we draft with our first 5 picks? - sonofstat - 01-28-2019

(01-28-2019, 07:39 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Like most of you, I’m pumped and ready for the zac Taylor era to begin. My question is in order of need, what do you feel we need to draft with the first 5 picks? One thing that has me worried is the redskins are interested in Andy dalton, and I don’t want Tannehill nor do I think there is a qb worthy of the 11th over all pick. Does anyone think we would actually trade Andy to the redskins? In my opinion I think we need the following

2. Right tackle/guard
3. Secondary- cb or safety denard being a fa, and Kirkpatrick is kind of slipping. He’s still good but if we can upgrade I’m all for it
4. Wr/ tight end- I know we may bring eifert back and we don’t know what we will do with Ross but with aj getting older and boyd in his last yr we will need help. I think they find a way to resign Boyd because he’s only going to get better.
5. DE/dt Billings is ok but geno needs help. We need someone who can stop the gaping holes in the run game. With DE,  Michael Johnson is 132 years old, and Lawson is good but we need someone to help Dunlap rush from the edge.

I’m interested to hear everyone’s take, because I think Taylor will get high character guys and if we get del rio he will be able to help pick out the right talent. I know there are a lot of people that didn’t like Nickerson, but I didn’t think he was absolutely awful. Finally, do you think we sign anyone as a free agent since it seems there maybe changes on the horiztfor the new look bengals?

i think after the past 3 losing seasons we have quite a few more needs across the squad then maybe people think.  The consensus used to be we had the players but not the coaching..

Either due to injuries , pending contract decisions or just plain paucity of talent we could just stick with BPA...

QB is interesting.  Up till now I would have said its always Andy and there is no real risk of a high pick ...but Taylor is a QB coach and he will get at least a couple of season's grace i would think so maybe if he falls in love with a QB???

LB flat out needs some investment whether via draft or FA.

We should also draft the best OL in either Rd1 or Rd2.  I don't care about position...we've tried multiple times to fix OT specifically and our best OT still looks like Clint Boling so just give me a quality starter in the draft and lets work out our best 5 guys from there.

PS : Hardy Nickerson was absolutely awful - sorry!

RE: In your opinion, what should we draft with our first 5 picks? - Older Than You Too - 01-28-2019

O-line, O-line, then maybe some more O-line. Then a LB.

RE: In your opinion, what should we draft with our first 5 picks? - TheUberHuber - 01-28-2019

Bpa of these positions in first three.

Ot/og/lber

Then te/lber

I would not be upset at all if we spend 4 picks on offense line and linebacker.

Obviously, who they pick up in free agency could change who I hope they draft.

RE: In your opinion, what should we draft with our first 5 picks? - Whatever - 01-28-2019

(01-28-2019, 07:39 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Like most of you, I’m pumped and ready for the zac Taylor era to begin. My question is in order of need, what do you feel we need to draft with the first 5 picks? One thing that has me worried is the redskins are interested in Andy dalton, and I don’t want Tannehill nor do I think there is a qb worthy of the 11th over all pick. Does anyone think we would actually trade Andy to the redskins? In my opinion I think we need the following

2. Right tackle/guard
5. DE/dt Billings is ok but geno needs help. We need someone who can stop the gaping holes in the run game. With DE,  Michael Johnson is 132 years old, and Lawson is good but we need someone to help Dunlap rush from the edge.

It's really impossible to say outside of depth fills until we see what they do in FA.  Hart, Og, and Fisher are all UFA's, so we're looking at one OT minimum in the first 4 rounds.  Probably the same at TE with Eifert, Kroft, and Uzomah all UFA's.

RE: In your opinion, what should we draft with our first 5 picks? - BengalFanInNJ - 01-28-2019

I think they need to grab two LB's and 2 OL's in the first 5 picks. Maybe even a TE as well.

If Jonah Williams is available at 11, they should grab him even though I really want Devin White.

RE: In your opinion, what should we draft with our first 5 picks? - Yojimbo - 01-28-2019

http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-NFL-Draft-Central

RE: In your opinion, what should we draft with our first 5 picks? - mon4078 - 01-28-2019

Of course you have to get at least 1 LB and 2 OL after that we need to build some depth.

As far as Andy goes I personally believe he is a above average QB, however depending on what you can get for him I would be willing to trade him. Then you can draft a QB and maybe sign a guy like Bridgewater or Foles.

RE: In your opinion, what should we draft with our first 5 picks? - Andy2AJ - 01-28-2019

The only fear I have with drafting an offensive linemam other than Williams first, is the ced, Fisher duo that was an absolute train wreck. There is still a glimmer of hope for fisher, but ced is just awful. How a guys so highly rated suck so bad is beyond me. I also hope that Taylor convinces the front office the of the value of good linemen and not let them walk like Mikey has in the past. Whitworth leaving still kills me along with guys like Zeitler. I do think we will do something even if it’s small in free agency. It will be interesting to see what they do with burfict. Will the new staff give him a chance, or will they say enough is enough? I’m not expecting much but can we expect anything at all from Malik Jefferson?

RE: In your opinion, what should we draft with our first 5 picks? - BengalsRocker - 01-28-2019

(01-28-2019, 09:03 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: The only fear I have with drafting an offensive linemam other than Williams first, is the ced, Fisher duo that was an absolute train wreck. There is still a glimmer of hope for fisher, but ced is just awful. How a guys so highly rated suck so bad is beyond me. I also hope that Taylor convinces the front office the of the value of good linemen and not let them walk like Mikey has in the past. Whitworth leaving still kills me along with guys like Zeitler. I do think we will do something even if it’s small in free agency. It will be interesting to see what they do with burfict. Will the new staff give him a chance, or will they say enough is enough? I’m not expecting much but can we expect anything at all from Malik Jefferson?

They need to move on from Burfict.

He might return to form but the concussion history factors into him not being a reliable player for this team.

RE: In your opinion, what should we draft with our first 5 picks? - BengalsRocker - 01-28-2019

They need to move on from guys like Hart.  Just... terrible.

I'd like to see both the O-Line and LBers be a mix of draft and FAs.

They can't just throw a bunch of rooks out there and expect a miracle.  They need experience too.

Even at DT if they wanted to pick someone up to compete with Billings either draft or FA I think they should do it.

Glasgow and Ringo should be considered to challenge as well.

Honestly if they wanted to use the rest of draft picks to get new WR and TE depth and CB as you mentioned I wouldn't be upset.

RE: In your opinion, what should we draft with our first 5 picks? - SunsetBengal - 01-28-2019

2. Right tackle/guard

Well man, you've got 8 positions listed for 5 selections.  Somebody is going to get left out..

What many of us have been discussing for a while now, is the fact that we're simply not going to fill every need through the draft.  In order to replenish the roster, the team is going to have to make better utilization of free agency.  I'm not talking about overpaying for guys on their last legs, they need to make smart choices and spend a little extra for some players that are still hungry, and looking forward to being a part of something big.

(01-28-2019, 09:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well man, you've got 8 positions listed for 5 selections.  Somebody is going to get left out..

What many of us have been discussing for a while now, is the fact that we're simply not going to fill every need through the draft.  In order to replenish the roster, the team is going to have to make better utilization of free agency.  I'm not talking about overpaying for guys on their last legs, they need to make smart choices and spend a little extra for some players that are still hungry, and looking forward to being a part of something big.

Yep.

They could keep Brown, Vigil, and use Burfict's money to get another decent FA.

Then draft a LB higher, mid, and lower/UDFA.

Get the NT straightened out.

Move on from MJ and get another DE.

That should take care mostly for the defensive front.

RE: In your opinion, what should we draft with our first 5 picks? - Andy2AJ - 01-28-2019

(01-28-2019, 09:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well man, you've got 8 positions listed for 5 selections.  Somebody is going to get left out..

I was suggesting picking one of the two for each position, depending on who’s there and which one is a better fit

RE: In your opinion, what should we draft with our first 5 picks? - SunsetBengal - 01-28-2019

(01-28-2019, 09:26 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Yep.

They could keep Brown, Vigil, and use Burfict's money to get another decent FA.

Then draft a LB higher, mid, and lower/UDFA.

Get the NT straightened out.

Move on from MJ and get another DE.

That should take care mostly for the defensive front.

Let's not forget that this team also has only one OT on the roster, and I'm not really even "sold" on him being worth half of what he get's paid.  I think they are going to have to go after 2 decent OL in free agency, and draft another 2-3, just to build up the stock from where Paul Alexander's guys didn't pan out.

RE: In your opinion, what should we draft with our first 5 picks? - J24 - 01-28-2019

RT, LB,LB, CB, TE

RE: In your opinion, what should we draft with our first 5 picks? - Catmandude123 - 01-28-2019

2. Right tackle/guard

I would wait to see how they attack free agency and then go from there. If they don't go all in to fill at least two positions then it will be business as usual. With as many holes as there are to fill its unrealistic to think they can draft themselves into contention.

RE: In your opinion, what should we draft with our first 5 picks? - Tiger Teeth - 01-28-2019

Oline and linebacker are a must as we all know. Possibly a TE, however I think a healthy Kroft and CJ can get the job done. Eifert I'm not counting on.