Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Murray update - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: Murray update (/Thread-Murray-update)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Murray update - J24 - 02-28-2019

Traditional GM's and Scouts would have Murray as a late first to early 3rd Rd pick but it's a different time now. I would not be surprised if he goes 1st overall but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes 32nd either. I find it doubtful that he would go any later than 32nd just because teams would like that 5th year option.
I was convinced that Mayfield ( I want to stress that I thought he was the best QB in the draft so I am not a hater on him) would go late first early second because of his physical limitations and not being the traditional prototype QB.

RE: Murray update - Synric - 02-28-2019

(02-28-2019, 05:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Link? I did a search for "Jeremiah" on the Kyler Murray 24/7 page that I linked and nothing came up.
EDIT - Nvm, I found it on a different link on 24/7 sports. I know we've talked about this before, but you really need to start providing links to your claims to help your arguments.
Also, the rest of the quote was, "...And calling around over the weekend, I heard it was 206. That is significant." So what it goes to show is that Daniel Jeremiah wasn't even fully right on the weight Murray was going to measure at the Combine and therefore (in my eyes at least) you can't believe 100% that Murray was playing at 190 lbs at Oklahoma when every actual listed measurement listed him at 195.

It was Peter King from PFT.

Quote:One bit of Murray news before we move on. The new Mike Mayock at NFL Network, Daniel Jeremiah—talk about big shoes to fill—told me over the weekend that he heard Murray has bulked up to 203 pounds from his OU playing weight of 190. And calling around over the weekend, I heard it was 206. That is significant. Here’s why: Talking to NFL people about Murray, as I wrote last week, there was worry that Murray had more of a Mookie Betts build in college than a Russell Wilson physique. Meaning Murray was not only small, but also slight. If Murray has spent the past five or six weeks bulking up, that would play in his favor at the combine and in completing scouting reports on a complex prospect, because teams want to see a thicker player than Murray was at OU. Theoretically, it would mean he’d be more equipped to withstand the pounding he’ll obviously have to face in the NFL.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/25/nfl-combine-preview-robert-kraft-nfl-fmia-peter-king/

And on Murray I'm just not big on dual threat QBs. I feel a QB of any size that attacks the line of scrimmage as a runner regularly has a better chance of injury.

RE: Murray update - ochocincos - 02-28-2019

(02-28-2019, 05:59 PM)Synric Wrote: It was Peter King from PFT.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/25/nfl-combine-preview-robert-kraft-nfl-fmia-peter-king/

And on Murray I'm just not big on dual threat QBs. I feel a QB of any size that attacks the line of scrimmage as a runner regularly has a better chance of injury.

I see this as Murray trying to show as best he can that he's committed to football. He's openly declared he's refusing to play baseball, and he's shown dedication to bulk up to a desired weight to be more durable. 

For the record, I'm not a fan of dual-threat QBs either, but I do see value in being able to scramble to extend a play.

RE: Murray update - Jpoore - 02-28-2019

(02-28-2019, 06:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I see this as Murray trying to show as best he can that he's committed to football. He's openly declared he's refusing to play baseball, and he's shown dedication to bulk up to a desired weight to be more durable. 

For the record, I'm not a fan of dual-threat QBs either, but I do see value in being able to scramble to extend a play.
But if that were true. If he was trying to show the best he can that he's all in on football, that he wants to prove the doubters wrong. If that's me? I'm proving them wrong. I'm competing at the combine I'm doing the drills I'm doing whatever I can do. He's not. Why is that? That's a legitimate question.

RE: Murray update - Au165 - 02-28-2019

He ran 7 more times his senior year than Wilson did his last year at Wisconsin. People really just don’t want to believe his comp is Wilson. From size, to the way he moves in the pocket, to the way he runs and avoids contact when possible he is as close to Wilson as you will find.

RE: Murray update - Synric - 02-28-2019

(02-28-2019, 06:13 PM)Jpoore Wrote: But if that were true. If he was trying to show the best he can that he's all in on football, that he wants to prove the doubters wrong. If that's me? I'm proving them wrong. I'm competing at the combine I'm doing the drills I'm doing whatever I can do. He's not. Why is that? That's a legitimate question.

He's better served to do the drills at his pro day with receivers and coaches he knows it's very common.

RE: Murray update - Au165 - 02-28-2019

(02-28-2019, 06:18 PM)Synric Wrote: He's better served to do the drills at his pro day with receivers and coaches he knows it's very common.

Also he is already the talk of the combine with his weigh in, he already won it. He can capture another news cycle by making the pro day an event keeping him in the face of all GMs throughout the process.

RE: Murray update - ochocincos - 02-28-2019

(02-28-2019, 06:13 PM)Jpoore Wrote: But if that were true. If he was trying to show the best he can that he's all in on football, that he wants to prove the doubters wrong. If that's me? I'm proving them wrong. I'm competing at the combine I'm doing the drills I'm doing whatever I can do. He's not. Why is that? That's a legitimate question.

Same reason Sam Darnold didn't. It can be more detrimental than beneficial to do the drills at the Combine given he's already in conversation for top QB in the draft. He's still at the Combine to do interviews and get measured, which are the most important issues that were surrounding him up to this point.

RE: Murray update - Jpoore - 02-28-2019

(02-28-2019, 06:18 PM)Synric Wrote: He's better served to do the drills at his pro day with receivers and coaches he knows it's very common.
So he can only succeed with receivers he knows?

RE: Murray update - BobJones4980 - 03-01-2019

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeGoodberry/status/1101454198640701440?s=09

So Murray has really short arms, not sure if it affects his stock at all but he has REALLY short arms.  Hilarious

RE: Murray update - bfine32 - 03-01-2019

(02-28-2019, 10:41 PM)Jpoore Wrote: So he can only succeed with receivers he knows?

Does it matter?

I'm sure he'll know the receivers on whatever team he plays for.

As to Murray: I listened to him being interviewed on Sirius today. The best thing I can tell you is he's not overly respectful. 

Most all of these kids say "Yes Sir", "No Sir" ect.. when interviewed. Murray was nothing but yeahs and uh hu. PK was also providing him a scenario that started with you only played year..and before PK could finish he butted in and asserted I played more than 1 year. PK and JM did all they could to have the kid come off as a good interview. But I wouldn't be surprised if he's one of the "I could tell by the interviews...." that PK brings up in the future.

Given none of that makes/breaks a professional QB, but Murray was less than professional in the interview. Must be an OU thing.

RE: Murray update - Au165 - 03-01-2019

(03-01-2019, 07:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Does it matter?

I'm sure he'll know the receivers on whatever team he plays for.

As to Murray: I listened to him being interviewed on Sirius today. The best thing I can tell you is he's not overly respectful. 

Most all of these kids say "Yes Sir", "No Sir" ect.. when interviewed. Murray was nothing but yeahs and uh hu. PK was also providing him a scenario that started with you only played year..and before PK could finish he butted in and asserted I played more than 1 year. PK and JM did all they could to have the kid come off as a good interview. But I wouldn't be surprised if he's one of the "I could tell by the interviews...." that PK brings up in the future.

Given none of that makes/breaks a professional QB, but Murray was less than professional in the interview. Must be an OU thing.

I think someone like him who has spent the last three months hearing people rip him for his size and all his “faults” probably doesn’t like talking to media much. There have been plenty QBs who are dicks, it honestly doesn’t bother me. I’d be more curious in the interviews of other OU guys to ask them their thoughts on him.

RE: Murray update - McC - 03-02-2019

I don't like the guy at all--the guy, not the player. I believe he has prima donna written all over him. But these days, the more of an asshole you are in the public eye, the more people like you, so...We're in the age where every tiny little thing anybody does, they jump up and celebrate. Four yard run, whoop it up, etc. Look at me, look at me.

I don't doubt he's got the physical tools though. Although I'm not as certain he's a slam dunk as a lot ot people. Good luck losing out in the desert. Hope they're on his list of teams.

RE: Murray update - Au165 - 03-04-2019

More rumors heating up that Murray will be #1 overall. One GM told ESPN when asked if he'd bet Murray goes #1 he said "No, not betting I'm telling you he will go to the Cardinals #1 overall".

Jpoore get your projections in now because you are going on a long vacation next season.

RE: Murray update - Jpoore - 03-04-2019

(03-04-2019, 09:22 AM)Au165 Wrote: More rumors heating up that Murray will be #1 overall. One GM told ESPN when asked if he'd bet Murray goes #1 he said "No, not betting I'm telling you he will go to the Cardinals #1 overall".

Jpoore get your projections in now because you are going on a long vacation next season.

U do realize this is the time of the smokescreen right?

RE: Murray update - Au165 - 03-04-2019

(03-04-2019, 10:55 PM)Jpoore Wrote: U do realize this is the time of the smokescreen right?

Whatever you want to keep telling yourself, 1st or 32nd doesn’t matter you’re losing this one.

RE: Murray update - McC - 03-05-2019

Let's just see how he does with no line in front of him and a crap unit on the other side of the ball. That will be the true test of what he's made of.

As far as not doing anything at the combine, where's the competitor in you? Where's that side of you that says hell yes, I'll throw, I'll out throw all these other QB's? When I leave here, there will be no doubt who's the best. Give me the guy without fear. If you're the first overall pick, you will obviously be going to the worst team in the league. How you gonna handle that if you're afraid to do combine drills?

RE: Murray update - Au165 - 03-05-2019

(03-05-2019, 11:54 AM)McC Wrote: Let's just see how he does with no line in front of him and a crap unit on the other side of the ball.  That will be the true test of what he's made of.

As far as not doing anything at the combine, where's the competitor in you?  Where's that side of you that says hell yes, I'll throw, I'll out throw all these other QB's?  When I leave here, there will be no doubt who's the best.  Give me the guy without fear.  If you're the first overall pick, you will obviously be going to the worst team in the league.  How you gonna handle that if you're afraid to do combine drills?

Andrew Luck didn't throw at the combine, is he a bad leader? Is he not competitive? Does he have fear?

Fans don't appreciate this is all business because it isn't their business to worry about (Not their money). History has shown throwing or not throwing at the combine has 0 impact on their success in the NFL.

RE: Murray update - Synric - 03-05-2019

(03-05-2019, 11:54 AM)McC Wrote: Let's just see how he does with no line in front of him and a crap unit on the other side of the ball.  That will be the true test of what he's made of.

As far as not doing anything at the combine, where's the competitor in you?  Where's that side of you that says hell yes, I'll throw, I'll out throw all these other QB's?  When I leave here, there will be no doubt who's the best.  Give me the guy without fear.  If you're the first overall pick, you will obviously be going to the worst team in the league.  How you gonna handle that if you're afraid to do combine drills?

(03-05-2019, 12:06 PM)Au165 Wrote: Andrew Luck didn't throw at the combine, is he a bad leader? Is he not competitive? Does he have fear?

Fans don't appreciate this is all business because it isn't their business to worry about (Not their money). History has shown throwing or not throwing at the combine has 0 impact on their success in the NFL.

I dont care if he threw or not I get its a business decision...

...but he had no business being on the field when the other QBs were throwing.

RE: Murray update - Au165 - 03-05-2019

(03-05-2019, 12:25 PM)Synric Wrote: I dont care if he threw or not I get its a business decision...

...but he had no business being on the field when the other QBs were throwing.

I saw people say that was a good thing. Interesting how perspectives are different on these things.