Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Its Official!!! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Its Official!!! (/Thread-Its-Official)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Its Official!!! - pally - 02-04-2019

let the new era begin!!!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/04/bengals-officially-announce-zac-taylor-as-head-coach/

Bengals officially announce Zac Taylor as head coach
Posted by Josh Alper on February 4, 2019, 1:57 PM EST

AP
Zac Taylor was the quarterbacks coach for the Rams in Atlanta during Super Bowl LIII on Sunday night, but he has a new title a little more than 12 hours after that game ended with a 13-3 Los Angeles loss.

The Bengals weren’t able to officially announce Taylor as their new head coach until the Rams were done playing in the postseason and they didn’t wait too long to finalize the deal. The team announced that Taylor has officially been hired on Monday afternoon.

“I am happy and fortunate to join the Cincinnati Bengals as head coach,” Taylor said in a statement. “This is a great organization with good people and a rich history, and I am excited to get started. I am looking to add to that history by setting high standards, and holding everyone here accountable to those standards. There is a lot of work to do, and this is day one. We’re going to attack every day with enthusiasm to get this team ready to go.”

Bengals owner Mike Brown “embraces new ideas and new ways to do things” and calls that a good thing along with the “offensive mind and background” that helped the Rams advance to the Super Bowl this season. The Bengals have scheduled a press conference for Tuesday to formally introduce Taylor to Cincinnati.

RE: Its Official!!! - Mike M (the other one) - 02-04-2019

Whooop!!!!

RE: Its Official!!! - Au165 - 02-04-2019

I actually like the fact Mike mentions new ideas and ways of doing things could be a good thing for the team.

RE: Its Official!!! - pally - 02-04-2019

https://www.bengals.com/news/zac-taylor-named-10th-bengals-head-coach

RE: Its Official!!! - Bengalpool - 02-04-2019

Nice. Can’t wait for tomorrow!!

RE: Its Official!!! - ochocincos - 02-04-2019

I'm interested to see what staff Zac Taylor puts together.
Once that's done, we can start to speculate players they could target in FA (only 5.5 weeks away!)

RE: Its Official!!! - fredtoast - 02-04-2019

[Image: friday_night_lights_answers_quote.jpg?itok=UeQ6eROL]

RE: Its Official!!! - BengalChris - 02-04-2019

(02-04-2019, 03:59 PM)pally Wrote: let the new era begin!!!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/04/bengals-officially-announce-zac-taylor-as-head-coach/

AP
Zac Taylor was the quarterbacks coach for the Rams in Atlanta during Super Bowl LIII on Sunday night, but he has a new title a little more than 12 hours after that game ended with a 13-3 Los Angeles loss.

The Bengals weren’t able to officially announce Taylor as their new head coach until the Rams were done playing in the postseason and they didn’t wait too long to finalize the deal. The team announced that Taylor has officially been hired on Monday afternoon.

“I am happy and fortunate to join the Cincinnati Bengals as head coach,” Taylor said in a statement. “This is a great organization with good people and a rich history, and I am excited to get started. I am looking to add to that history by setting high standards, and holding everyone here accountable to those standards. There is a lot of work to do, and this is day one. We’re going to attack every day with enthusiasm to get this team ready to go.”

Bengals owner Mike Brown “embraces new ideas and new ways to do things” and calls that a good thing along with the “offensive mind and background” that helped the Rams advance to the Super Bowl this season. The Bengals have scheduled a press conference for Tuesday to formally introduce Taylor to Cincinnati.

That's all great!

I see the Bengals PR machine (as weak as it is) is attempt to re-write the history of Mike Brown with this statement, "Bengals owner Mike Brown 'embraces new ideas and new ways...'" That may be true today, but it's the first time in Mike Brown's life that that could be said, even just a little bit.

With free agency coming up we'll see just how much "new" Mike Brown will embrace.

RE: Its Official!!! - mon4078 - 02-04-2019

Glad its done now get together the best staff he can and lets make a splash in free agency.

RE: Its Official!!! - fredtoast - 02-04-2019

[Image: friday_night_lights_clear_eyes_quote.jpg?itok=LTgRD3E7]

RE: Its Official!!! - Atomic Orange - 02-04-2019

Open that check book up Mike!

RE: Its Official!!! - Millhouse - 02-04-2019

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5171530]

RE: Its Official!!! - Interceptor - 02-04-2019

Finally, I can go all in again. No more same old stupid shit.

RE: Its Official!!! - BFritz21 - 02-04-2019

(02-04-2019, 04:01 PM)Au165 Wrote: I actually like the fact Mike mentions new ideas and ways of doing things could be a good thing for the team.

That was the first thing I noticed!

“Bengals owner Mike Brown “embraces new ideas and new ways to do things” and calls that a good thing along with the “offensive mind and background” that helped the Rams advance to the Super Bowl this season.”

Hopefully Taylor demands new things and changes the culture here!

Marvin did some, but he just wasn’t cut out to be a HC, especially in the new NFL.

AJ sounded like the team was itching for a new direction and new leadership, so let’s just hope that they’re all buying in and pumped up for the new season!

Winning starts now!!!!

RE: Its Official!!! - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-04-2019

(02-04-2019, 03:59 PM)pally Wrote: let the new era begin!!!

AP

Great news, just read that not only was Taylor the QB coach he worked with the young Receivers. Kupp was playing great before he got injured, he might be able to help out Ross to become what i thought he could become. Love how he is going to hold people accountable, he is a great communicator and is ahead of the game.

Just what we needed here. Awesome.

RE: Its Official!!! - pally - 02-04-2019

The news conference will be at 2 PM tomorrow

also

https://www.bengals.com/news/inside-the-search-for-the-bengals-10th-head-coach

RE: Its Official!!! - Vas Deferens - 02-04-2019

this is great news. very excited.

side note, from the pics of him signing... anybody else get the impression all the furniture at PBS is from office liquidators? mismatched bookcases and old ass chairs. embrace that mikey.

RE: Its Official!!! - TKUHL - 02-04-2019

(02-04-2019, 04:29 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Finally, I can go all in again. No more same old stupid shit.

Sure is a nice feeling for a change. Now I'm going to drive myself nuts doing 100+ mock drafts till the draft.

RE: Its Official!!! - Bengalpool - 02-04-2019

(02-04-2019, 04:53 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Sure is a nice feeling for a change. Now I'm going to drive myself nuts doing 100+ mock drafts till the draft.

Lol. I’ll race ya to 100 Wink

RE: Its Official!!! - GodFather - 02-04-2019

Its a new era boys! We've been waiting for this...embrace the ride!

Im excited!