Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
"An attacking mindset" - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: "An attacking mindset" (/Thread-An-attacking-mindset)

Pages: 1 2

"An attacking mindset" - Sled21 - 02-05-2019

https://www.bengals.com/news/we-ll-have-an-attacking-mindset

Quote:“As long as you can help make the players better, they’ll do anything for you,” Taylor said. “Everything we’ll do will be with sound reasoning. We’re going to have an attacking mindset. These players are going to be excited to walk in the door every single day they’re around us. We’re going to hire people who are really good coaches, think outside the box and are really pushing these players to the max and get the most out of them. I think the players will be excited to be around these guys.”
Let's hope so..... cuz we just need to play better, and coach better...…... Hilarious

RE: "An attacking mindset" - Luvnit2 - 02-05-2019

(02-05-2019, 11:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/we-ll-have-an-attacking-mindset

Let's hope so..... cuz we just need to play better, and coach better...…... Hilarious

People always wonder, why is Bill Belichick head and shoulders above any coach ever?

My opinion is he is a great mind who molds a team of football players. He has best QB of all time as well, but he puts guys on the roster who:
1. Love the Game
2. Versatile guys who can play multiple positions so he can use them in different schemes making it harder for the opposing coaches to scheme against his teams.

I hope Zac is aggressive, I hope he brings a nastiness to our defense, not dirty by any means, but goal to punish opposing players when possible with hard and clean hits.

Zac needs to get more football players, and then motivate them, scheme them to put them in a position to won the one on one battles and so forth.

RE: "An attacking mindset" - jj22 - 02-05-2019

Coach speak (don't they all say that). Looks like he's got that part of the job down.

RE: "An attacking mindset" - Au165 - 02-05-2019

Yea, this is pretty much what everyone says. No one ever comes in and says "We are going to keep doing the same thing and be marginally better or maybe even worse". It'll be a lot of the actions in the summer that say more.

RE: "An attacking mindset" - michaelsean - 02-05-2019

I'll be cautiously optimistic. Every year four or five or more teams get a new head coach, and for the most part the fanbases get excited. Then the season starts, and for most reality hits.

RE: "An attacking mindset" - HarleyDog - 02-05-2019

I'm stoked as ever after reading this article. Not going to be cautiously optimistic. I'm just going to dive into the excitement and roll around in it for a bit. Don't get many of those chances as a Bengals fan, so I'm going to take advantage of it.

RE: "An attacking mindset" - impactplaya - 02-05-2019

hes referring to both sides of the ball.
we havent had that mindset on defense since Zimmer was here.
offensively attacking wasnt in Zampeses or Lazor vocabulary.

RE: "An attacking mindset" - Truck_1_0_1_ - 02-05-2019

(02-05-2019, 12:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: People always wonder, why is Bill Belichick head and shoulders above any coach ever?

My opinion is he is a great mind who molds a team of football players. He has best QB of all time as well, but he puts guys on the roster who:
1. Love the Game
2. Versatile guys who can play multiple positions so he can use them in different schemes making it harder for the opposing coaches to scheme against his teams.

I hope Zac is aggressive, I hope he brings a nastiness to our defense, not dirty by any means, but goal to punish opposing players when possible with hard and clean hits.

Zac needs to get more football players, and then motivate them, scheme them to put them in a position to won the one on one battles and so forth.

Don't want to start this discussion, but he absolutely does not.

He has built and conceived the ultimate plug in and play system, one that has never been done before or will probably ever be done again; he lines up NTs as FBs, LBs as TEs, had Troy Brown be one of two players since the year 2000, play both ways for entire games, consistently.

That is a system and a coaching scheme that is unsurpassed and it is why players like Cassell, Garroppolo, Brissett and Hoyer, have done little to nothing with other teams, while playing superbly with the Patriots.

Agree with the rest of your post as well.

RE: "An attacking mindset" - jason - 02-05-2019

Did he giggle when he said that?

RE: "An attacking mindset" - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-05-2019

(02-05-2019, 02:21 PM)jason Wrote: Did he giggle when he said that?

Didn't even crack a smile son. Mellow

RE: "An attacking mindset" - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-05-2019

(02-05-2019, 01:36 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Don't want to start this discussion, but he absolutely does not.

He has built and conceived the ultimate plug in and play system, one that has never been done before or will probably ever be done again; he lines up NTs as FBs, LBs as TEs, had Troy Brown be one of two players since the year 2000, play both ways for entire games, consistently.

That is a system and a coaching scheme that is unsurpassed and it is why players like Cassell, Garroppolo, Brissett and Hoyer, have done little to nothing with other teams, while playing superbly with the Patriots.

It's quite amazing what The Hoodie can do.  Six man fronts in the SB?  Shit, I hadn't seen a six man front since pee wee league! LMAO

RE: "An attacking mindset" - McC - 02-05-2019

(02-05-2019, 12:29 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm stoked as ever after reading this article. Not going to be cautiously optimistic. I'm just going to dive into the excitement and roll around in it for a bit. Don't get many of those chances as a Bengals fan, so I'm going to take advantage of it.
Yep.  If not now, when.

RE: "An attacking mindset" - THE PISTONS - 02-05-2019

(02-05-2019, 12:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: People always wonder, why is Bill Belichick head and shoulders above any coach ever?

1. Love the Game

They generally draft smart guys too with high football IQ. You don't see them make crucial mistakes or blow coverages many times.

RE: "An attacking mindset" - bengaloo - 02-05-2019

(02-05-2019, 12:29 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm stoked as ever after reading this article. Not going to be cautiously optimistic. I'm just going to dive into the excitement and roll around in it for a bit. Don't get many of those chances as a Bengals fan, so I'm going to take advantage of it.

Me too. It seems to me like he has a very clear vision and plan and is the kind of coach who will get the most out of players.

RE: "An attacking mindset" - SunsetBengal - 02-05-2019

(02-05-2019, 01:36 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Don't want to start this discussion, but he absolutely does not.

One quick aside, in re Troy Brown.  One of the Semi-Pro teams that I played on, had about a half-dozen of his former Marshall U. teammates on it.  He came to one of our games, I got to meet him briefly and shake his hand.

Apologies for the nostalgic derail, carry on!

RE: "An attacking mindset" - Goncrazzy - 02-05-2019

You got that right brother!!

RE: "An attacking mindset" - bengalfan74 - 02-05-2019

Me to

We've had vanilla cake with vanilla icing served with a vanilla soda for so long I'm going to get stoked and drink the kool-aid !

Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey

RE: "An attacking mindset" - thompson19osu - 02-06-2019

I honestly don’t care what happens. Even if we go 0-16 at least they showed an effort to change. The stale stench of Marvin is gone. It’s a win-win to me.

RE: "An attacking mindset" - ochocincos - 02-06-2019

(02-05-2019, 11:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/we-ll-have-an-attacking-mindset

The attacking mindset is something that Taylor definitely is getting from Sean McVay. No lead is safe.
The Chiefs showed you can have defense ranked 24th in PA and 31st in YA and still make it to the AFCCG.
The Rams showed you can have defense ranked 20th in PA and 19th in YA and make the Super Bowl.
What did both teams have in common? 1st and 2nd place offense in PF and yards.

RE: "An attacking mindset" - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-06-2019

Haven't heard this before, man this is really refreshing. I am calling it right now, break out player will be John Ross.