Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Interview Request for Todd Grantham - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Interview Request for Todd Grantham (/Thread-Interview-Request-for-Todd-Grantham)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Interview Request for Todd Grantham - RunKijanaRun - 02-07-2019

Current DC at THE University of Florida.

He's been sniffing around looking for head jobs but didn't find much interest.

He's a great technical coach and I would hate for the GATORS to lose him. Not often the interests of my college team and pro team intersect.

Grantham blitzes a bunch, in a way we've come to playfully define as "emotional blitzing." When his D gives up a big play, he'll often just blitz harder out of anger.

I think he'd be a good pro DC and affordable, but Pleasant would probably be the better fit.

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-07-2019

Hell yeah, twofer.....friggin Gators lose a good coach, and the Bengals gain one.  Win! Win! LMAO

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - Goalpost - 02-07-2019

If we blitz Baker Mayfield, just to put him on his ass more, it would be worth it

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - RunKijanaRun - 02-07-2019

(02-07-2019, 01:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hell yeah, twofer.....friggin Gators lose a good coach, and the Bengals gain one.  Win! Win! LMAO

Bah. We'll find another good one.

Interestingly, should the Grantham thing come to fruition, we'd likely look to replace him with another GATOR, ex-ATL DC Marquand Manuel, who is also going to be interviewed for the Bengals DC gig. 

I'm happy with either guy. 

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-07-2019

(02-07-2019, 01:49 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Bah. We'll find another good one.

Interestingly, should the Grantham thing come to fruition, we'd likely look to replace him with another GATOR, ex-ATL DC Marquand Manuel, who is also going to be interviewed for the Bengals DC gig. 

I'm happy with either guy. 

Me too.....but being a Noles backer, I hope you don't find another good one. Wink Tongue

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - XenoMorph - 02-07-2019

(02-07-2019, 01:26 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Current DC at THE University of Florida.

He's been sniffing around looking for head jobs but didn't find much interest.

He's a great technical coach and I would hate for the GATORS to lose him. Not often the interests of my college team and pro team intersect.

Grantham blitzes a bunch, in a way we've come to playfully define as "emotional blitzing." When his D gives up a big play, he'll often just blitz harder out of anger.

I think he'd be a good pro DC and affordable, but Pleasant would probably be the better fit.

of all the names at least this guy has been a DC in some capacity

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - Jojo the Circus Boy - 02-07-2019

This makes me happy. It shows the Bengals are willing to pay for good coaching! Grantham currently makes 1.39 million at Florida so it won't be cheap to bring him here. Maybe they are changing their ways

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - Big Boss - 02-07-2019

Isn't this guy notorious for giving up huge plays on third downs?

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - Jojo the Circus Boy - 02-07-2019

(02-07-2019, 02:46 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Isn't this guy notorious for giving up huge plays on third downs?

Yep, 3rd and Grantham is a saying. He is blitz happy, which helped his team in some situations. But he likes to leave CBs on man coverage, so teams with talented WRs like Georgia tore them up on 3rd down.

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - mikey6866 - 02-07-2019

(02-07-2019, 02:46 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Isn't this guy notorious for giving up huge plays on third downs?

The phrase “third and Grantham” originated early in Grantham’s tenure as defensive coordinator at Georgia, due to his propensity to bring pressure on third down and give up big plays. But in three of his last four seasons as defensive coordinator at Louisville and Mississippi State, Grantham’s defense has finished 10th in the nation in third-down defense. Last season as defensive coordinator at Mississippi State, opponents converted on only 30.41 percent of third-down plays against the Bulldogs.  2018 with the gators it did rise to 37%

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - sandwedge - 02-07-2019

I guess we would have to pick our poison then. Do we set back and just let them complete passes on 3rd down or pressure and possibly get burnt. Looking back at the last couple of years, I know which one I'd prefer...

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - jj22 - 02-07-2019

The Blitz will do that to you.

The issue with Austin was he'd throw the kitchen sink at them 1st and 2nd down, and have nothing left in his back pocket on 3rd...

But any coach who blitz a lot risks giving up the big plays.

Marvin actually had some well timed and designed blitzes toward the end there. I was impressed.

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - mikey6866 - 02-07-2019

Honestly... look at the stats Grantham over the past 4 seasons his defenses have been well above average at getting off the field on 3rd down as illustrated above. While he may give up a big play or 2 what defense doesnt. Id rather be attacking than what we saw last year. Please Zac.... hire Grantham.

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-10-2019

I like this guy for the players we have. Our Corners need to play more press man and we need to blitz more.

Grantham fits and has gotten better over time which is what matters, he learns and still stays aggressive.

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - SunsetBengal - 02-10-2019

(02-10-2019, 08:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like this guy for the players we have. Our Corners need to play more press man and we need to blitz more.

Grantham fits and has gotten better over time which is what matters, he learns and still stays aggressive.

I'm sure that a DC with a DL background would be very appealing to guys like Carlos and Geno.

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - BURROWorBUST - 02-11-2019

(02-10-2019, 08:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like this guy for the players we have. Our Corners need to play more press man and we need to blitz more.

Can I get a "Hell Yeah!!"?

Sounds like the right fit to me. Just curious, but how old is he? We could have the youngest staff in the NFL. 

Edit: Just learned he's 52. So much for the youth movement.

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - RunKijanaRun - 02-11-2019

Florida fans are panicking a bit as PFT has mentioned him as the "Lead" candidate for the job. You folks in Ohio hearing the same, or is this just PFT blowing smoke?

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - Big Boss - 02-11-2019

(02-11-2019, 01:41 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Florida fans are panicking a bit as PFT has mentioned him as the "Lead" candidate for the job. You folks in Ohio hearing the same, or is this just PFT blowing smoke?

https://twitter.com/willsammon/status/1094990629283815425?s=21

He is A lead candidate, apparently.

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - RunKijanaRun - 02-11-2019

(02-11-2019, 01:46 PM)Big Boss Wrote: https://twitter.com/willsammon/status/1094990629283815425?s=21

He is A lead candidate, apparently.

Wouldn't all candidates at this point in time be "lead" candidates?

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - jj22 - 02-11-2019

How many "lead" candidates have we fallen for already?! I'll wait.