Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Interview Request for Todd Grantham - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Interview Request for Todd Grantham (/Thread-Interview-Request-for-Todd-Grantham)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - pally - 02-13-2019

(02-13-2019, 06:52 PM)Phil in BG Wrote: It looks like he's been offered the job and the Bengals are waiting for an answer. He has kids in school and might not want to move. Let's hope he convinces his family to move.

Seems to me that he already decided they would move if the right offer came his way before he interviewed..otherwise why interview in the first place

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - fredtoast - 02-13-2019

(02-13-2019, 06:52 PM)Phil in BG Wrote: It looks like he's been offered the job and the Bengals are waiting for an answer. He has kids in school and might not want to move. Let's hope he convinces his family to move.

He has moved twice in the last 2 years.  Don't see that as a problem.

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - Phil in BG - 02-13-2019

(02-13-2019, 06:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He has moved twice in the last 2 years.  Don't see that as a problem.

I hope you're right. I just read somewhere that his son was in high school and they "might" be reluctant to move him his senior year. I also read that he was making 1.4 million per year and that could be a problem, but if he wants back in the NFL, now is the time.

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - jj22 - 02-13-2019

Hopefully they don't wait for him to decide and offer it to someone else. The bad press of another DC turning down the job would deepen the increasingly weary feeling towards the transition.

They need to move on quickly before he leaks to the press that he's passed on the job.

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - McC - 02-13-2019

(02-13-2019, 07:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hopefully they don't wait for him to decide and offer it to someone else. The bad press of another DC turning down the job would deepen the increasingly weary feeling towards the transition.

They need to move on quickly before he leaks to the press that he's passed on the job.

Has he passed on the job?  Would he spend two days here and then pass?

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-13-2019

(02-13-2019, 06:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is silly to go on about something so minor, but this just is not true at all.

Maybe those numbers are just for d-linemen?

Could be Fred....I'm just going off what I read. That actually makes more sense when you think about it. It was in regards to his time in Indy as the DL coach.

(02-13-2019, 07:28 PM)McC Wrote: Has he passed on the job?  Would he spend two days here and then pass?

Two days shows he's giving it serious consideration IMO. That said, if the money isn't right, or his family balks on moving, he may very well pass. Maybe he's sleeping on it. 

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - pally - 02-13-2019

The team had to have known what he currently makes so I would think the offer is the same or better

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - HarleyDog - 02-13-2019

(02-13-2019, 07:28 PM)McC Wrote: Has he passed on the job?  Would he spend two days here and then pass?

Possibly. Or, as I read, he wasn't the only guy being interviewed this week so they may be completing those interviews before announcing. Also, we've been hoodwinked so many times by NFL guy tweets that this guy and that guy is our guy. Ugh, I just want the team to get it right.

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - Shake n Blake - 02-13-2019

(02-13-2019, 04:24 PM)Okeana Wrote: So when someone tells me this guy is a failure because he was the defensive coordinator on the browns 14 years ago it's almost laughable.  He has arguably one of the best resumes I've ever seen and we are lucky to get a guy of this caliber this late.

No one is saying "he's a failure". Grantham is getting hired (maybe) to be a defensive coordinator in the NFL. So...it's only natural for people to put the most weight on his actual experience in the exact position he's being hired for. Maybe his experiences in college over the last decade have made him better prepared for this role. Maybe the Browns thing was a fluke. That's just speculating though. College success doesn't always translate. 

I don't completely hate the hire. Just kinda meh about it. It beats Teryl Austin, I'll give ya that, for now. Just kinda feels like a discount JDR hire. Less NFL coordinating success. No Head Coaching experience, but he does have much more experience than most of the guys we've hired. I get that we have some big college football fans in here, but again...it doesn't always translate.

(02-13-2019, 04:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: As long as the days of keeping failed assistant coaches for 10 years are over, I am fine with these hires.

We have to accept this is year 1 of 16, not all of these coaches are going to work. How ZT adjusts and how long it takes for him to move on is the key to all this.

Only time will tell.

But we have to start somewhere. And we need a coach who has at least called plays before. Right now we have none. So I think this has to be the choice. I can't imagine a staff where no one has ever called plays on either side of the ball.

100% this. As long as we can move on in a timely manner, I don't mind rolling the dice. 

(02-13-2019, 04:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Colts never had more than 42 sacks any season from '99 to '01, and the big turnaround from '98 to '99 was basically Manning improving massively from his poor rookie season (71.2 rating) to 4th in the league (90.7) his second year.

Not to mention that 56 sacks isn't a lot for 2 years. Like you guys said, maybe that's just for the d-line? 

I thought we had Aubrey Pleasant scheduled for an interview. Is that still happening?

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - HarleyDog - 02-13-2019

(02-13-2019, 08:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I thought we had Aubrey Pleasant scheduled for an interview. Is that still happening?

I did too. As of yesterday he was still being pursued along with Manuel, Elko and Glenn.

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - McC - 02-13-2019

(02-13-2019, 08:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I thought we had Aubrey Pleasant scheduled for an interview. Is that still happening?

I thought he was already interviewed, before Grantham.

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - jj22 - 02-13-2019

I hope they bring in Elko. He's got that A&M connection. He can help the run D. LB coach maybe?

Alabama's DC came over to coach Browns Lb's. So maybe those are good moves for aspiring NFL coaches on the college level.

(02-13-2019, 09:08 PM)McC Wrote: I thought he was already interviewed, before Grantham.

Maybe so. I never saw a date for his interview though, or any news about it.

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - SunsetBengal - 02-13-2019

I think that I'd be just as fine with Grantham, as I would be with the next guy. Looking at his track record, he seems to get off to a good start, but struggles as the next couple seasons come about. I haven't studied his individual cases in depth, so I don't know if his rosters became hamstrung, he was asking too much and "lost" the guys, or what the issue might be. Could have been as simple as allowing him to continue, and seeing where it went.

Anyway, was really kinda hoping that Aubrey Pleasant would turn out to be the frontrunner, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

(02-13-2019, 09:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Maybe so. I never saw a date for his interview though, or any news about it.

It was mentioned on Cincy Jungle that he was interviewed over the weekend.

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - RunKijanaRun - 02-13-2019

Word starting to spread here in Gainesville that he’s staying at UF.

Interview Request for Todd Grantham - Phil in BG - 02-13-2019

(02-13-2019, 08:12 PM)pally Wrote: The team had to have known what he currently makes so I would think the offer is the same or better

That really makes sense. The Blackburn’s certainly knew his salary before the interview and offer. Not only that, but he wouldn’t have gone on the interview if he wasn’t willing to leave Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(02-13-2019, 11:02 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Word starting to spread here in Gainesville that he’s staying at UF.

Kinda figured that, or it would have been announced I would think.