Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Interview Request for Todd Grantham - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Interview Request for Todd Grantham (/Thread-Interview-Request-for-Todd-Grantham)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - RunKijanaRun - 02-14-2019

He’s staying.

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - Synric - 02-14-2019

(02-14-2019, 12:55 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: He’s staying.

Have a source? 

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - Shake n Blake - 02-14-2019

(02-13-2019, 11:02 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Word starting to spread here in Gainesville that he’s staying at UF.

Guess the money wasn't there. Can't think of anything else. We wanted him and he was willing to interview. 

He makes good scratch at Florida, so I knew this looked iffy. Still, it's a bad look that so many have turned us down.

Makes me wonder if Mikey is cheaping out on the staff, knowing that fans will probably be stoked simply because Marv is gone.

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - bfine32 - 02-14-2019

(02-14-2019, 01:02 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Guess the money wasn't there. Can't think of anything else. We wanted him and he was willing to interview. 

He makes good scratch at Florida, so I knew this looked iffy. Still, it's a bad look that so many have turned us down.

Makes me wonder if Mikey is cheaping out on the staff, knowing that fans will probably be stoked simply because Marv is gone.

Glass half empty aside...Glass half full says we interviewed him and were not impressed. 

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - pally - 02-14-2019

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - McC - 02-14-2019

Sure, I'll come to Cincinnati, where the need to fill the job grows stronger every day, jack you around for two days and then turn you down.

Have fun hoping to be the third best team in the SEC, Asshat.

So what do we do now? Run back to Aubrey Pleasant after clearly wanting Grantham over him?

This is turning into a mess.

(02-14-2019, 01:05 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Glass half empty aside...Glass half full says we interviewed him and were not impressed. 

Just like with JDR, Capers and Pleasant? I guess our standards are so high that we're running out of candidates.

(02-14-2019, 01:25 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So what do we do now? Run back to Aubrey Pleasant after clearly wanting Grantham over him?

Well, for one thing, they need to start keeping their damn mouths shut about what the hell they're doing.  Who keeps leaking all this shit out there anyway?  Whoever these "sources" are need to have their asses fired.  What's with the making everything public bullshit?

Go get Manuel and be done with it.  This is a mess on roids.

(02-14-2019, 01:29 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Just like with JDR, Capers and Pleasant? I guess our standards are so high that we're running out of candidates.

Of course this thread is about none of those folks. 

(02-14-2019, 01:32 AM)McC Wrote: Well, for one thing, they need to start keeping their damn mouths shut about what the hell they're doing.  Who keeps leaking all this shit out there anyway?  Whoever these "sources" are need to have their asses fired.  What's with the making everything public bullshit?

Go get Manuel and be done with it.  This is a mess on roids.

I have a theory (aside from Mike being cheap) on why this search has been such a struggle. Taylor has said repetitively that the Bengals respected the Rams and didn't talk to Taylor again til after the Super Bowl. What if this is true, and the Dolphins didn't have the same respect for the Patriots? That could be why he filled out his staff so quickly, while we seem to have struggled...particularly with the DC hire.

(02-14-2019, 01:35 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course this thread is about none of those folks. 

Not hard to figure out why each of those folks would be relevant to the topic.

Which is Grantham. Who has now turned us down just as the others, sans Pleasant.

(02-14-2019, 01:36 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I have a theory (aside from Mike being cheap) on why this search has been such a struggle. Taylor has said repetitively that the Bengals respected the Rams and didn't talk to Taylor again til after the Super Bowl. What if this is true, and the Dolphins didn't have the same respect for the Patriots? That could be why he filled out his staff so quickly, while we seem to have struggled...particularly with the DC hire.

Who down there at PBS has the big mouth?  Having it all be so public is what is making it all look so bad.

Also, INTERVIEW QUESTION NUMBER ONE---

IF YOU ARE OFFERED THE JOB, WILL YOU ***** TAKE IT?

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - Synric - 02-14-2019

(02-14-2019, 01:25 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So what do we do now? Run back to Aubrey Pleasant after clearly wanting Grantham over him?

It really is...two weeks until the combine and no defensive staff in place.

RE: Interview Request for Todd Grantham - Nicomo Cosca - 02-14-2019

This is getting embarrassing...

Given the 2 biggest names available (Capers and JDR) sorta turned us down (aka I'm not interested), but let's not try so hard to be depressed. We had our mind set on one person for HC and we got him, we had our mind set on one guy for OC and got him. Folks might want to entertain the idea that we (Mikey, Katey, Zac) are not impressed with those we've brought in.

There is absolutely nothing embarrassing about interviewing and not coming to an agreement. We'll get an DC and it will be because of mutual interest.

The dude came up here knowing he was never gonna take the job. That is some bullshit right there. What, he wanted a free ride to come and experience the polar vortex for himself?

(02-14-2019, 01:53 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Given the 2 biggest names available (Capers and JDR) sorta turned us down (aka I'm not interested), but let's not try so hard to be depressed. We had our mind set on one person for HC and we got him, we had our mind set on one guy for OC and got him. Folks might want to entertain the idea that we (Mikey, Katey, Zac) are not impressed with those we've brought in.

There is absolutely nothing embarrassing about interviewing and not coming to an agreement. We'll get an DC and it will be because of mutual interest.

Not being impressed takes one day, not two. They didn't turn him down. He turned them down.

(02-14-2019, 02:04 AM)McC Wrote: Not being impressed takes one day, not two.

Nobody is talking about the attitude of the women in your life. 

(02-14-2019, 02:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Nobody is talking about the attitude of the women in your life. 

Okay.  I guess I had that coming?