Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Dre wants Aubrey - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Dre wants Aubrey (/Thread-Dre-wants-Aubrey)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Dre wants Aubrey - Trademark - 02-09-2019

[Image: D8-E7-C301-CFD7-477-F-88-CA-E420-B1072-A78.jpg]

I do too I feel he’s gonna be an amazing DC

RE: Dre wants Aubrey - BengalChris - 02-09-2019

I'd like to point out that Dre wanted Austin.

RE: Dre wants Aubrey - SunsetBengal - 02-09-2019

I'd like to also point out that Dre also claimed that "Marvin ain't going anywhere".

Almost seems like an endorsement from Dre Kirkpatrick is like a kiss of death..

RE: Dre wants Aubrey - jason - 02-09-2019

I'd like to point out that when Dre was a special teams Gunner, he declared he was gonna be the face of the franchise...

This is fun.

RE: Dre wants Aubrey - Whodey614 - 02-09-2019

(02-09-2019, 08:24 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I'd like to point out that Dre wanted Austin.
As did a lot of people. He was one of the best DCs available and was even considered to be a candidate to take over for Marvin down the line had it worked out. Lions fans even went out of their way to tell Bengals fans not to be misled by the yardage he gave up because he would potentially have an elite d-line to work with here. That obviously did not live up to be true.

That's why it does not matter to me if a guy is experienced or not as long as he knows football and is capable of turning the defense around. Pleasant seems like a very good fit.

RE: Dre wants Aubrey - Sled21 - 02-09-2019

(02-09-2019, 08:19 PM)Trademark Wrote: [Image: D8-E7-C301-CFD7-477-F-88-CA-E420-B1072-A78.jpg]

I do too I feel he’s gonna be an amazing DC

Good grief the inability of people these days to use elementary school English drives me up the wall.... seriously Dre, work on it....

(02-09-2019, 11:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Good grief the inability of people these days to use elementary school English drives me up the wall.... seriously Dre, work on it....

He's college educated.  However, it does make one question weather it's an inability, or rather a willful defiance to use proper English.

RE: Dre wants Aubrey - Bengalitis - 02-09-2019

(02-09-2019, 11:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He's college educated.  However, it does make one question weather it's an inability, or rather a willful defiance to use proper English.

Nothing wrong with misspellings or broken grammar, but do give yourself 2 pts. every time you catch an error and keep track of your points, you will enjoy it more. Wink

RE: Dre wants Aubrey - Socal Bengals fan - 02-10-2019

(02-09-2019, 11:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He's college educated.  However, it does make one question weather it's an inability, or rather a willful defiance to use proper English.

Have you ever heard him speak. No surprise here.

Remember when Dre tripped n fell all over during his pro day and had issues completing the drills, And the Bengals still started him in round 1.

RE: Dre wants Aubrey - SunsetBengal - 02-10-2019

(02-09-2019, 11:58 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Nothing wrong with misspellings or broken grammar, but do give yourself 2 pts. every time you catch an error and keep track of your points, you will enjoy it more. Wink

Meh, take both your MLA and your AP style books, stack them on top of one another, then proceed to take a large bite and choke on it.   Wink

RE: Dre wants Aubrey - Sled21 - 02-10-2019

(02-09-2019, 11:58 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Nothing wrong with misspellings or broken grammar

Yes, there really is. Misspellings is one thing, the inability to form a correct sentence using basic English is pathetic, and people should not just gloss over it due to low expectations. I realize Dre went to college, my question is did he ever go to class.....

RE: Dre wants Aubrey - samhain - 02-10-2019

If Pleasant is the guy does it mean that we switch to the Rams scheme? Pretty sure that's a 3-4, correct? With Barron, a converted SS playing linebacker? Interesting. Williams would seem to be a guy that could slide into that role. I feel like Clay Fedj may be ready. for a starting role at SS if need be.

You wouldn't need as many linebackers, either. Lawson, Hubbard, and Dunlap would slide into OLB roles, and Vigil would be a viable ILB. You'd really just need one guy and some depth, as opposed to 2 new guys in a 4-3.

The biggest challenge would be finding a capable NT.

RE: Dre wants Aubrey - mallorian69 - 02-10-2019

(02-10-2019, 01:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, there really is. Misspellings is one thing, the inability to form a correct sentence using basic English is pathetic, and people should not just gloss over it due to low expectations. I realize Dre went to college, my question is did he ever go to class.....

Misspellings are, not is.

RE: Dre wants Aubrey - jason - 02-10-2019

(02-10-2019, 02:53 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: Misspellings are, not is.

mallorian69 polices the grammar police...

RE: Dre wants Aubrey - bengaloo - 02-10-2019

Nobody who uses grammar so poorly should ever be playing football. Dre should be ashamed for not breaking that up, at least into simple sentences with proper punctuation. This is an example of exactly why he gets beat on the field and in life. He doesn't take life seriously enough. I bet he even wants his testosterone levels to be higher than his estrogen. That is toxic in 2019. Cut him now.

RE: Dre wants Aubrey - HarleyDog - 02-10-2019

I feel I need to download grammarly before posting in this thread.

RE: Dre wants Aubrey - Sled21 - 02-10-2019

Yeah, yeah, you got me. I unintentionally threw an "s" on the end of misspellings and used is instead of are. My mistake, I'm not the smartest person in the world and know that, but I strive to always do better. My point remains though, to just accept this dumbing down of America is causing the dumbing down of America. Kids don't learn anything in school anymore. They can't form a proper sentence, have no idea of "there" "they're" or "their" or "our" and "are"....heck, they don't even know who fought who in WWII. It's a sad situation, and only getting worse. People can whine "Grammar Police" all they want, and that's why I never bring up anyone's grammar mistakes here (including my own), but by society just accepting bad English, etc., and not striving to do better, we are setting the bar low and not doing anyone any favors. Many places of employment require submission of written material. If you can't write a sentence, you're not getting in the door.

RE: Dre wants Aubrey - Synric - 02-10-2019

(02-10-2019, 11:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, yeah, you got me. I unintentionally threw an "s" on the end of misspellings and used is instead of are. My mistake, I'm not the smartest person in the world and know that, but I strive to always do better. My point remains though, to just accept this dumbing down of America is causing the dumbing down of America. Kids don't learn anything in school anymore. They can't form a proper sentence, have no idea of "there" "they're" or "their" or "our" and "are"....heck, they don't even know who fought who in WWII. It's a sad situation, and only getting worse. People can whine "Grammar Police" all they want, and that's why I never bring up anyone's grammar mistakes here (including my own), but by society just accepting bad English, etc., and not striving to do better, we are setting the bar low and not doing anyone any favors. Many places of employment require submission of written material. If you can't write a sentence, you're not getting in the door.

Well over 50 different countries were involved in WW2.

RE: Dre wants Aubrey - BengalChris - 02-10-2019

(02-09-2019, 08:45 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: As did a lot of people. He was one of the best DCs available and was even considered to be a candidate to take over for Marvin down the line had it worked out. Lions fans even went out of their way to tell Bengals fans not to be misled by the yardage he gave up because he would potentially have an elite d-line to work with here. That obviously did not live up to be true.

That's why it does not matter to me if a guy is experienced or not as long as he knows football and is capable of turning the defense around. Pleasant seems like a very good fit.

I'm not sure who those lot of people were. Gunther turned out to be a better DC who was available last year and we already had him.

My point really was that Dre's judgement in these matters hasn't been very good. He also said Marvin wasn't going anywhere.