Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Even Marvin has concerns about the o-line.... - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Even Marvin has concerns about the o-line.... (/Thread-Even-Marvin-has-concerns-about-the-o-line)

Pages: 1 2

Even Marvin has concerns about the o-line.... - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-13-2019

....I thought it was funny he said "we"...lol.  For all the grief you got over the last few years Marvin, even I think it's just fine if you still say "we". :andy:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/2/13/18222571/marvin-lewis-bengals-must-improve-offensive-line-this-offseason

RE: Even Marvin has concerns about the o-line.... - McC - 02-13-2019

(02-13-2019, 12:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....I thought it was funny he said "we"...lol.  For all the grief you got over the last few years Marvin, even I think it's just fine if you still say "we". :andy:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/2/13/18222571/marvin-lewis-bengals-must-improve-offensive-line-this-offseason

Said OLine probably cost Marvin his job.  

RE: Even Marvin has concerns about the o-line.... - Bengalholic - 02-13-2019

Here's the video:

RE: Even Marvin has concerns about the o-line.... - Au165 - 02-13-2019

(02-13-2019, 12:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Here's the video:

I feel like if Marvin would have talked like that for the last 16 years he would be thought about a lot differently here. Very upfront and even showing some excitement at the end when talking about players. It's unfortunate he felt the need to be so reserved here when talking publicly. 

(02-13-2019, 12:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Here's the video:

I thought he was damn good.  And he got lobbed a real softball chance to take a shot at the Bengals' FO and smoothly passed.  I'd say he has a future.  He's already better than Michael Irvin and Bill Cowher and I'm sure many others.  Good job, Marvin.  Stay in the booth and the studio.  You'll live longer.

RE: Even Marvin has concerns about the o-line.... - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-13-2019

(02-13-2019, 01:48 PM)McC Wrote: I thought he was damn good.  And he got lobbed a real softball chance to take a shot at the Bengals' FO and smoothly passed.  I'd say he has a future.  He's already better than Michael Irvin and Bill Cowher and I'm sure many others.  Good job, Marvin.  Stay in the booth and the studio.  You'll live longer.

Agreed, and I agree with Au as well......some of that would have served him well during his time here, instead of the smugness he came off with.

RE: Even Marvin has concerns about the o-line.... - Bengalpool - 02-13-2019

Ol' Marv... Just now figuring this out?

(02-13-2019, 01:52 PM)Takedown Wrote: Ol' Marv... Just now figuring this out?

Seems he's a bit late to the party! LOL 

(02-13-2019, 01:52 PM)Takedown Wrote: Ol' Marv... Just now figuring this out?

Maybe more like just now being able to say it in public.

RE: Even Marvin has concerns about the o-line.... - THE PISTONS - 02-13-2019

We'll never know how much control he actually had over the Bengals. We know Ross wasn't his pick.

I'm sure he knew a lot of this stuff over time...but could he change it?

RE: Even Marvin has concerns about the o-line.... - Trademark - 02-13-2019

Marv looks happy and well rested really enjoyed his take you can tell he still considers the bengals his home. Nothing but love for Marv

(02-13-2019, 01:55 PM)McC Wrote: Maybe more like just now being able to say it in public.

All jokes aside, this is probably true, but just once, I would like to have seen him let at least some of it out.  I mean, there were times it seemed he didn't want to come back.  Let it fly Marvin, and I'd also add, these decisions he may or may not have been on board with ultimately cost him his job.  It may have served him well to mention some of these issues from time to time in a tactful manner.  

RE: Even Marvin has concerns about the o-line.... - Big Boss - 02-13-2019

Yeah, I've got no ill will towards the guy. Hope he enjoys what he's doing.

(02-13-2019, 01:59 PM)Trademark Wrote: Marv looks happy and well rested really enjoyed his take you can tell he still considers the bengals his home. Nothing but love for Marv

Yeah, it was just stale at this point.  However, we all remember what it was like before him.  He's owed some gratitude for that alone.

RE: Even Marvin has concerns about the o-line.... - THE PISTONS - 02-13-2019

I'd love to see him coach another team just to see if he actually is a really good coach and the issue was management or if he was mediocre.

(02-13-2019, 02:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd love to see him coach another team just to see if he actually is a really good coach and the issue was management or if he was mediocre.

With what looks like a future in broadcasting, I'd rather see him go that route.  He's already better than at least a third of the dudes out there doing it now.  And this is not about his coaching ability but all about his health and happiness.  Coaching takes a lot out of a man.

RE: Even Marvin has concerns about the o-line.... - WhodeyRay - 02-13-2019

This really makes you wonder if Marv knew this about the oline was it just a matter of Ebenezer not wanting to spend money. Did Mikey just go with the old you drafted two lineman and I am paying them so make it work. I dont know but it seem weird.

RE: Even Marvin has concerns about the o-line.... - HarleyDog - 02-13-2019

(02-13-2019, 02:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd love to see him coach another team just to see if he actually is a really good coach and the issue was management or if he was mediocre.

Yeah, that would be interesting but I'll tell you it wont happen. Isn't it funny when Marvin was getting so much heat from the fans and the press, that many in the media said he was well respected in the NFL? Yet, now he's unemployed, nobody has offered him a job as we know? Sounds like a bunch of BS to keep him as the coach as the Bengals to help other teams win.

(02-13-2019, 08:11 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yeah, that would be interesting but I'll tell you it wont happen. Isn't it funny when Marvin was getting so much heat from the fans and the press, that many in the media said he was well respected in the NFL? Yet, now he's unemployed, nobody has offered him a job as we know? Sounds like a bunch of BS to keep him as the coach as the Bengals to help other teams win.

I think it's entirely possible Marvin does well in the booth/studio and decides why the hell bother to coach again and put in all that time and walk around with ulcers and all the other stuff.

RE: Even Marvin has concerns about the o-line.... - wolfkaosaun - 02-13-2019

Marvin trotted out Alex Redmond and Bobby Hart every week.

"Oh, well they didn't have decent backups".

Marvin wanted both Jake Fisher and Cedric Ogbuehi.

Christian Westerman did well in his limited playing time but Marvin continued to throw Redmond and Hart out there.

Marvin had full say of who got to play. We heard that from Lazor. Stop with the "Mike Brown decides who plays" crap. He doesn't. There's literally no proof of that.

There is proof about Marvin sitting players and having a say on who goes out there.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/25/bill-lazor-says-decisions-playing-time-joe-mixon-marvin-lewis/

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/24/marvin-lewis-bill-lazor-explain-lack-carries-joe-mixon/