Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Making of the Fox News White House - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: The Making of the Fox News White House (/Thread-The-Making-of-the-Fox-News-White-House)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

The Making of the Fox News White House - GMDino - 03-04-2019

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/03/11/the-making-of-the-fox-news-white-house?currentPage=all

I believe this is what a propaganda machine looks like in other countries.

RE: The Making of the Fox News White House - michaelsean - 03-04-2019

(03-04-2019, 11:30 AM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/03/11/the-making-of-the-fox-news-white-house?currentPage=all

I believe this is what a propaganda machine looks like in other countries.

The cartoon isn't even funny.   Ninja (The site is down)

Edit: It's back up

RE: The Making of the Fox News White House - michaelsean - 03-04-2019

Despite some people's protestations otherwise, I haven't watched Fox for years. It's not really an anti-Fox thing as much as I pay less attention to everything and zero attention to cable news outlets. Liberals should stop watching too, as all eyes count.

RE: The Making of the Fox News White House - CJD - 03-04-2019

As a liberal, I get notifications from Fox News because I want to see issues from both sides of the spectrum.

I'm not sure if it actually helps my perspective at all though, because most Fox News articles just make me roll my eyes.

There are a few good ones though.

I've found that Fox News articles will occasionally just report the facts of an incident without injecting any opinions or predictions that reveal their bias regarding the topic.

That's really nice to see.

RE: The Making of the Fox News White House - GMDino - 03-04-2019

(03-04-2019, 11:57 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Despite some people's protestations otherwise, I haven't watched Fox for years.  It's not really an anti-Fox thing as much as I pay less attention to everything and zero attention to cable news outlets.  Liberals should stop watching too, as all eyes count.

I honestly don't watch much cable news at all.  My parents (mostly my mother) are addicted to MSNBC so when we go on vacation I get an overdose of that.  But unless I REALLY want to see how FOX is spinning something I don't watch much of any side's news.

I do read article about cable news coverage though.

I think the accusations of "you watch FOX" comes from people getting their talking points from people who watch FOX. Either through articles or just in conversation.

RE: The Making of the Fox News White House - fredtoast - 03-04-2019

FoxNews is a right wing propaganda tool. It can't be denied when hard core conservatives and former Fox employees like Bill Kristol and Joe Peyronnin say the same thing.

But I watch Fox News just to try and understand how they and their viewers think. The newscasts are biased but Hannity and Carlson are over the top. I actually laugh at some of the things they say.

I will also note that CNN has become a little too obsessed with Trump. I realize we have never had a President who behave like he does, but sometimes it seems they don't talk about any news other than what Trump has done.

RE: The Making of the Fox News White House - jj22 - 03-04-2019

This article aside. I think it's interesting we see two of the favorite attacks against Hillary get done by Republicans (go figure) yet where is the outrage?

The DNC helped Hillary and not an Independent that wasn't even a Democrat. Now it's been confirmed the RNC will work to elect Trump and will make sure there is no other primary challenge to him. Trump supporters and fake news media attacked the DNC for not helping someone who didn't identify as a Dem. We'll see if they do the same to the RNC.

Now they are mocking the fact that Fox gave Trump interview questions before first debate. Instead of attacking them as they did when Hillary got word of some of the topics in the debate.

I'll wait for any outrage. We know both parties do it, but as they say, Dems are held to different standards and thus can't get away with what all Republicans are allowed to.

RE: The Making of the Fox News White House - bfine32 - 03-04-2019

One of the funniest headlines I'll read today (Because I'm damn sure not reading that whole article):

New Yorker does story on media bias.

[Image: AllSidesMediaBiasChart-Version1.1_0.jpg]

WTS, never was a fan of Cable News. Used to watch The 5 once in a blue moon when my girl was on their and I'll watch it during elections. I do enjoy flipping between it and MSNBC when they are "reporting" on the same thing.

RE: The Making of the Fox News White House - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-04-2019

Fox doesn't shill any harder for the GOP than MSNBC does for the Dems. I'd also have to echo bfine's point about the hypocrisy of the New Yorker doing a piece on media bias.

(03-04-2019, 12:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: One of the funniest headlines I'll read today (Because I'm damn sure not reading that whole article):

New Yorker does story on media bias.

WTS, never was a fan of Cable News. Used to watch The 5 once in a blue moon when my girl was on their and I'll watch it during elections. I do enjoy flipping between it and MSNBC when they are "reporting" on the same thing.

[img] https://www.allsides.com/sites/default/files/AllSidesMediaBiasChart-Version1.1_0.jpg[/img]

Just curious, but where do you get all those right wing talking points that you repeat word-for-word around here?

(03-04-2019, 12:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just curious, but where do you get all those right wing talking points that you repeat word-for-word around here?

Upbringing/ personal experience

(03-04-2019, 12:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Upbringing/ personal experience

Upbringing and personal experience do not supply you with media links and/or spin on current events.

(03-04-2019, 12:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just curious, but where do you get all those right wing talking points that you repeat word-for-word around here?

Looking at his jpg, I don't see a lot to argue with.  Maybe address the content of his post instead of engaging in personal attacks?

(03-04-2019, 12:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Upbringing and personal experience do not supply you with media links and/or spin on current events.

OK, Fred. You're going to have to find something else to argue about. 

RE: The Making of the Fox News White House - hollodero - 03-04-2019

(03-04-2019, 12:32 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Fox doesn't shill any harder for the GOP than MSNBC does for the Dems.

I find that to be untrue.

There's nothing even closely resembling Sean Hannity or Tucker Carlson or Lou Dobbs on MSNBC.

There's also not even remotely as big an attempt to spin everything in one party's favor. Not just by claiming Dems go after hamburgers or want to outlaw air traffic. But also going as far as allowing Seth Rich murder theories, deep state conspiracies or calling Mueller a SOAB and things like that. MSNBC hosts make a point of waiting for the Mueller results and not jumping to conclusions. FOX makes a point of jumping to any conclusion if it's in Trump's favor, including claiming the whole investigations into Trump are definitely fraudulent.
And aside of some exceptions like Mike Wallace (who dares to ask Trump officials difficult questions and calling them out for lies) or Shepard Smith all their hosts are Trump apostles. Trump talks caravan, we talk caravan. Trump talks emergency, we talk emergency, Trump says fake news, we say fake news. That's just how it is.

Of course I'm not saying MSNBC is unbiased. But there's no equality and I feel an urge to refute this depiction whenever it comes up. As a last point, I doubt MSNBC hosts call up democrat politicians every other night. Hannity does with Trump, they even share an effing lawyer and these folks are in general way too close.

RE: The Making of the Fox News White House - GMDino - 03-04-2019

(03-04-2019, 12:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Upbringing and personal experience do not supply you with media links and/or spin on current events.

Right after someone else gives their opinion.

(03-04-2019, 12:53 PM)hollodero Wrote: I find that to be untrue.

There's nothing even closely resembling Sean Hannity or Tucker Carlson or Lou Dobbs on MSNBC.

There's also not even remotely as big an attempt to spin everything in one party's favor. Not just by claiming Dems go after hamburgers or want to outlaw air traffic. But also going as far as allowing Seth Rich murder theories, deep state conspiracies or calling Mueller a SOAB and things like that. MSNBC hosts make a point of waiting for the Mueller results and not jumping to conclusions. FOX makes a point of jumping to any conclusion if it's in Trump's favor, including claiming the whole investigations into Trump are definitely fraudulent.
And aside of some exceptions like Mike Wallace (who dares to ask Trump officials difficult questions and calling them out for lies) or Shepard Smith all their hosts are Trump apostles. Trump talks caravan, we talk caravan. Trump talks emergency, we talk emergency, Trump says fake news, we say fake news. That's just how it is.

Of course I'm not saying MSNBC is unbiased. But there's no equality and I feel an urge to refute this depiction whenever it comes up. As a last point, I doubt MSNBC hosts call up democrat politicians every other night. Hannity does with Trump, they even share an effing lawyer and these folks are in general way too close.

I don't watch much TV anymore, almost nothing, and I don't watch any cable news at all.  Before I stopped watching though I didn't see much difference between Hardball and Hannity as far as the consistency of the message and partisan leanings.  Things may have gotten more extreme of late and if so I can't speak to that.  

(03-04-2019, 12:46 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Looking at his jpg, I don't see a lot to argue with.  Maybe address the content of his post instead of engaging in personal attacks?

Leave Fred alone. He's saves time by cutting me out of the conversation.

He has the uncanny ability to tell me what I said (without even using the words I typed), think, meant, and now watch. My input is seldom required in a back and forth with him and it's becoming far less frequent. 

RE: The Making of the Fox News White House - hollodero - 03-04-2019

(03-04-2019, 12:58 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't watch much TV anymore, almost nothing, and I don't watch any cable news at all.  Before I stopped watching though I didn't see much difference between Hardball and Hannity as far as the consistency of the message and partisan leanings.  Things may have gotten more extreme of late and if so I can't speak to that.  

Oh, that's Chis Matthews' show, right? OK, I can't say much against that, I consider that man a bit of a clown and definitely a Dem at heart. There's this other guy wo loves rap way too much, I forgot his name... but still most hosts are not like that. (They even have declared conservatives there.)
And even taking that example, Matthews never went as far as to accuse the whole FBI of being biased and part of a deep state that hates America and desires to overthrow democracy. Which is Hannity's whole game. If you have the time, take a look or two at his show for some minutes and realize how many people take that at face value. To me, that explains a lot which otherwise is unexplainable. I consider that a deep problem for the United States.

My knowledge, admittedly, mainly stems from short youtube clips, in which FOX news hosts shock me again and again with their completely unreflected Trump praise. Maybe that's too narrow a look at it. And I sure have my own anti Trump bias, so MSNBC makes more sense to me and this sure alters my view. But even taking this into consideration, I still feel confident in saying MSNBC and FOX are definitely not alike. MSNBC still mainly reports facts (and then discuss them with partisan guests, for sure). FOX mainly reports opinion and fiction.

Which one does Jim Acosta work for?