Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Ex Machina - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Entertainment)
+--- Thread: Ex Machina (/Thread-Ex-Machina)

Pages: 1 2

Ex Machina - StLucieBengal - 05-16-2015

Has anyone else seen this movie?

If so would love to hear or thoughts. I really enjoyed it

RE: Ex Machina - StLucieBengal - 05-16-2015

RE: Ex Machina - Ryuko - 05-17-2015

(05-16-2015, 10:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Has anyone else seen this movie?  

If so would love to hear or thoughts.  I really enjoyed it

I was curious about it since the reviews were so good, but the last time I went to see a movie based on nothing but geat reviews, it was "It Follows"... I cannot figure out for the life of me how that got a 96%.

RE: Ex Machina - Yojimbo - 05-17-2015

I saw it and it was incredible. A nice original, thought provoking suspense. Not to mention hot robots.

RE: Ex Machina - StLucieBengal - 05-17-2015

(05-17-2015, 12:02 AM)Ryuko Wrote: I was curious about it since the reviews were so good, but the last time I went to see a movie based on nothing but geat reviews, it was "It Follows"... I cannot figure out for the life of me how that got a 96%.

Go check it out. I thought it was well made.

RE: Ex Machina - Awful Llama - 05-17-2015

Good story, well-acted, and a great-looking film. A smart sci-fi oasis in a desert of dumb Hollywood sci-fi. Well worth checking out on the big screen.

RE: Ex Machina - Ryuko - 05-17-2015

(05-17-2015, 10:07 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Go check it out.   I thought it was well made.

I think I will, thanks.

RE: Ex Machina - WhoDeyWho - 05-18-2015

(05-17-2015, 11:40 AM)Ryuko Wrote: I think I will, thanks.

I've considered going to see this movie as well. Let me know your thoughts. Surprisingly Mad Max is getting very good reviews as well. I had initially written it off just on the merits.

RE: Ex Machina - Aquapod770 - 05-18-2015

It was ok. Interesting story, good acting, and built up some decent suspense. The end just killed it for me though. Really dumb.

RE: Ex Machina - StLucieBengal - 05-18-2015

(05-18-2015, 11:23 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: It was ok. Interesting story, good acting, and built up some decent suspense. The end just killed it for me though. Really dumb.

I liked the end.... Very fitting... Especially based on the conversations between the two guys all along.

RE: Ex Machina - Aquapod770 - 05-18-2015

(05-18-2015, 11:57 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I liked the end.... Very fitting... Especially based on the conversations between the two guys all along.

I'm more talking about....

Spoilers...

where the helicopter pilot picks up a beautiful young woman and doesn't even care. He dropped of a geeky dude to go meet with another dude who lives in isolation. Then comes back and neither of those two are at the pick up site. No probelmo.

RE: Ex Machina - StLucieBengal - 05-18-2015

Fair point.

Spoiler

But he seemed pretty much in he dark. But you would think he would have a manifest.

RE: Ex Machina - nevergonnachange - 05-20-2015

(05-18-2015, 12:06 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I'm more talking about....

Spoilers...

where the helicopter pilot picks up a beautiful young woman and doesn't even care. He dropped of a geeky dude to go meet with another dude who lives in isolation. Then comes back and neither of those two are at the pick up site. No probelmo.

That was the one issue I had as well. I'm sure a 'woman' that looks like her would have no problem getting the pilot to take her wherever. Still an awesome, smart, suspenseful movie. And nude female robots.

RE: Ex Machina - Awful Llama - 05-20-2015

(05-20-2015, 09:03 AM)nevergonnachange Wrote: That was the one issue I had as well.  I'm sure a 'woman' that looks like her would have no problem getting the pilot to take her wherever.  Still an awesome, smart, suspenseful movie.  And nude female robots.

That's the theory we discussed after the meeting.  All she had to say was "Change of plans.  He's going to stay a few more days, but can you please take me back?"  It's really an inconsequential part of the movie.  

RE: Ex Machina - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 05-21-2015

(05-18-2015, 09:56 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I've considered going to see this movie as well.  Let me know your thoughts.  Surprisingly Mad Max is getting very good reviews as well.  I had initially written it off just on the merits.

I saw both and enjoyed both. Exmachina really makes you ponder if we should over if we can. And Mad Max if you like an action packed movie, go see it.

RE: Ex Machina - WhoDeyWho - 05-21-2015

(05-21-2015, 04:34 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I saw both and enjoyed both. Exmachina really makes you ponder if we should over if we can.  And Mad Max if you like an action packed movie, go see it.

I generally like more cerebral movies. Therefore, action isn't usually my genre, but I think I will have to see Mad Max just to see what the fuss is about.
I'll check them both out.

Thanks.

(05-21-2015, 01:30 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I generally like more cerebral movies.  Therefore, action isn't usually my genre, but I think I will have to see Mad Max just to see what the fuss is about.  
I'll check them both out.

Thanks.

I love movies and for me if I came away entertained I'm happy. I try not to over think it, for example in Furious, I concluded Vin Diesel is probably one of the worst actors ever, but I still enjoyed the movie because of the action and cgi affects. IMO Mad Max is better than Furious 7.

RE: Ex Machina - StLucieBengal - 05-21-2015

(05-21-2015, 04:34 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I saw both and enjoyed both. Exmachina really makes you ponder if we should over if we can.  And Mad Max if you like an action packed movie, go see it.

Totally agree on Ex Machina, and after reading your thoughts on Mad Max i will call that up. I was afraid they were gonna ruin it .... But we will see

(05-21-2015, 05:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Totally agree on Ex Machina, and after reading your thoughts on Mad Max i will call that up.  I was afraid they were gonna ruin it .... But we will see

Yea I enjoyed quite a bit. It's been a while since I've seen the first Mad Max from the 80's, but still enjoyed this one a lot and IMO worth seeing it in the theatre. In fact I think it's prolly best in the theatre. However I did not see it in 3D, I don't usually care for 3D.

RE: Ex Machina - Ryuko - 05-21-2015

(05-18-2015, 09:56 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I've considered going to see this movie as well.  Let me know your thoughts.  Surprisingly Mad Max is getting very good reviews as well.  I had initially written it off just on the merits.

I will. The plan is to see it with my lady tomorrow.

(05-18-2015, 12:06 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I'm more talking about....

Spoilers...

Ex Machina has a helicopter pilot?! Well, now I don't even have a choice!