Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Flacco - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Rival Talk (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Rival-Talk)
+--- Thread: Flacco (/Thread-Flacco)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Flacco - BmorePat87 - 10-27-2015

I can't help but laugh at how hard you guys try sometimes. You're facing the 5th ranked defense on the road in primetime. The guy drives his team down the field with players like Chris Givens and Marlon Brown. Faces a situation where he has one, maybe two, shot. Facing an all out blitz, he makes the decision to try and put it in the hands of his TE with the size advantage instead of taking a sack and ending the game.

It ends up being a pick and the responses are "OMG!!!!! NOT ELITE!!!! OVERPAID!!!". I get that it's the smack forum, but it's pretty funny reading this stuff. I'm grateful this awful team at least has this guy under center. I can't imagine how much of a blowout these games would be without him.

RE: Flacco - Big Boss - 10-27-2015

ELITE.

RE: Flacco - bfine32 - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 12:47 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I can't help but laugh at how hard you guys try sometimes.

Yeah, it's funny when folks try too hard. Before you know it someone will come in here and try to defend Joe's play.

RE: Flacco - Whatever - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 12:47 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I can't help but laugh at how hard you guys try sometimes. You're facing the 5th ranked defense on the road in primetime. The guy drives his team down the field with players like Chris Givens and Marlon Brown. Faces a situation where he has one, maybe two, shot. Facing an all out blitz, he makes the decision to try and put it in the hands of his TE with the size advantage instead of taking a sack and ending the game.

It ends up being a pick and the responses are "OMG!!!!! NOT ELITE!!!! OVERPAID!!!". I get that it's the smack forum, but it's pretty funny reading this stuff. I'm grateful this awful team at least has this guy under center. I can't imagine how much of a blowout these games would be without him.

Lotta butthurt in this post.  This is some serious "Leave Brittany ALONE!" fanboy ranting, here.

Fact...Flacco threw a choke job pick with the game on the line.

(10-27-2015, 12:57 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, it's funny when folks try too hard. Before you know it someone will come in here and try to defend Joe's play.

The king of trying too hard weighed in on my post. I am honored. 

RE: Flacco - rfaulk34 - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 12:47 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I can't help but laugh at how hard you guys try sometimes. You're facing the 5th ranked defense on the road in primetime. The guy drives his team down the field with players like Chris Givens and Marlon Brown. Faces a situation where he has one, maybe two, shot. Facing an all out blitz, he makes the decision to try and put it in the hands of his TE with the size advantage instead of taking a sack and ending the game.

Gilmore was in the end zone with the defender at his back. Flacco, elitely i might add, threw the ball well over his head for the pick. 

I don't know how happy one could be about that. 

(10-27-2015, 01:00 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The king of trying too hard weighed in on my post. I am honored. 

There is enough evidence to the contrary in the Power Rankings thread to prove this is a false statement.  I understand that trying to make somebody who is mediocre at something out to be top tier ie:"Elite", is your standard MO, though.

RE: Flacco - MrRager - 10-27-2015

Like you wouldn't be saying the same smack if Dalton had two last play, red-zone INTs this year and the Bengals only had 1 win.

(10-27-2015, 01:03 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Gilmore was in the end zone with the defender at his back. Flacco, elitely i might add, threw the ball well over his head for the pick. 

I don't know how happy one could be about that. 

It would be silly for me to be happy that they lost. I am happy that they were even in a position to potentially win it. I was expecting a blow out. I'm just not blaming him for the loss after he led a team of nobodies down the field in under a minute. I watched him execute lead taking drives with 4 minute or less in 5 games this season and then watched the Ravens lose those 5 games. 

he doesn't get enough credit because of what then happens with his defense. This game was different, but I won't get upset that he took a chance. Maybe taking some more chances throughout the game would have changed the outcome.

(10-27-2015, 01:05 AM)Whatever Wrote: There is enough evidence to the contrary in the Power Rankings thread to prove this is a false statement.  I understand that trying to make somebody who is mediocre at something out to be top tier ie:"Elite", is your standard MO, though.

Flacco's default in pressure situations is to throw the ball up and hope a WR makes a play. On the last play, he had Gilmore open if he puts the ball on a line. But like a couple plays before, he just lofts it up and hopes.

(10-27-2015, 01:05 AM)Whatever Wrote: There is enough evidence to the contrary in the Power Rankings thread to prove this is a false statement.  I understand that trying to make somebody who is mediocre at something out to be top tier ie:"Elite", is your standard MO, though.

LOL, I am usually the first to say he isn't elite. In fact, I think I said 2 weeks ago that he was "good but not elite". It's cute that you're trying to make it seem like I am calling him elite, though. I guess that's one way to create an argument that doesn't exist.

(10-27-2015, 01:07 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It would be silly for me to be happy that they lost. I am happy that they were even in a position to potentially win it. I was expecting a blow out. I'm just not blaming him for the loss after he led a team of nobodies down the field in under a minute. I watched him execute lead taking drives with 4 minute or less in 5 games this season and then watched the Ravens lose those 5 games. 

he doesn't get enough credit because of what then happens with his defense. This game was different, but I won't get upset that he took a chance. Maybe taking some more chances throughout the game would have changed the outcome.

Well, i've read a lot of Bengals fans replies over the years, and seen some that i've typed, about Bengals QBs in past years being in the same situation. 

Steelers and Ravens fans would have none of it though, so welcome to the shoe being on the other foot.  Wink

RE: Flacco - ZeGerman - 10-27-2015

Ravens 1-6...Flacco has had the ball with less than 2 mins and a chance to win or tie in all 6 losses. Elite level of clutch

(10-27-2015, 01:10 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: LOL, I am usually the first to say he isn't elite. In fact, I think I said 2 weeks ago that he was "good but not elite". It's cute that you're trying to make it seem like I am calling him elite, though. I guess that's one way to create an argument that doesn't exist.

If you don't think he's elite, then why are you so quick to rush to his defense every time someone uses the term to deride him?

And if we're arguing semantics, I never said who you said was elite, so you're creating an argument, now.

RE: Flacco - Bmoreblitz - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 12:45 PM)Whatever Wrote: If you don't think he's elite, then why are you so quick to rush to his defense every time someone uses the term to deride him?

And if we're arguing semantics, I never said who you said was elite, so you're creating an argument, now.

Not defending....just not putting it all on him is a difference

(10-27-2015, 12:45 PM)Whatever Wrote: If you don't think he's elite, then why are you so quick to rush to his defense every time someone uses the term to deride him?

You said that my standard MO was to make him out to be elite...

Anyways, are you seriously asking why I defend my team's QB? Because I think he's a good player who doesn't get enough credit. 

(10-27-2015, 05:04 AM)ZeGerman Wrote: Ravens 1-6...Flacco has had the ball with less than 2 mins and a chance to win or tie in all 6 losses. Elite level of clutch

He also has 4 minutes or less in 5 of those games and took the lead or tied the game. That actually is prett good. 

RE: Flacco - Murdock2420 - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 06:54 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: who doesn't get enough credit. 

??? In what world does he not get enough credit? 

The announcers hype him, the sports shows hype him, and he was paid to be one of the top 5 QBs in the league.

He actually gets too much credit. He's a solid QB, and he can win with talent around him, but they paid him like he was Brady or Rodgers, guys who can win with bargain basement players at RB and WR.

(10-27-2015, 06:38 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Not defending....just not putting it all on him is a deference. 

It's certainly not all on Flacco.  However, the Ravens offense only managed 18 points, and 8 of that came with them set up on the AZ 1 by their ST's.  The only reason they even had a chance to tie after managing only 3 1st downs in the second half to that point was completely inept clock management by the Cards.  They finally put a drive together, and Flacco throws a pick in the end zone.  

One of the big problems they have is that Harbaugh has whined about the officiating so much, the Ravens aren't getting those bail out dpi calls to keep the chains moving.

(10-27-2015, 06:54 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You said that my standard MO was to make him out to be elite...

Anyways, are you seriously asking why I defend my team's QB? Because I think he's a good player who doesn't get enough credit. 

Credit for what?  Playing like garbage for 3 quarters, then almost pulling out a W at the end?