Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bengals respond to a fans complaint on signing Bobby Hart - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bengals respond to a fans complaint on signing Bobby Hart (/Thread-Bengals-respond-to-a-fans-complaint-on-signing-Bobby-Hart)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Bengals respond to a fans complaint on signing Bobby Hart - THE PISTONS - 03-14-2019

IF this is true, which it looks like it is, it's pretty clear that the new coaching staff was behind the signing of Hart and think he will cut down on the penalties and improve. We can speculate that the contract is easy to get out of, but he's likely here to be our OT for a few years.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RE: Bengals respond to a fans complaint on signing Bobby Hart - McC - 03-14-2019

(03-14-2019, 01:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF this is true, which it looks like it is, it's pretty clear that the new coaching staff was behind the signing of Hart and think he will cut down on the penalties and improve. We can speculate that the contract is easy to get out of, but he's likely here to be our OT for a few years.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Maybe he will improve and it still doesn't mean a better RT can't be drafted.

RE: Bengals respond to a fans complaint on signing Bobby Hart - THE PISTONS - 03-14-2019

(03-14-2019, 01:15 PM)McC Wrote: Maybe he will improve and it still doesn't mean a better RT can't be drafted.

IF we can sign Miller and upgrade at Guard...we might be able to get by with our line.

I'm thinking the Bengals might shock some people and take a QB or WR in the 1st. I think some of these signs point to that. IF one we like is there.

RE: Bengals respond to a fans complaint on signing Bobby Hart - Sled21 - 03-14-2019

(03-14-2019, 01:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF we can sign Miller and upgrade at Guard...we might be able to get by with our line.

I'm thinking the Bengals might shock some people and take a QB or WR in the 1st. I think some of these signs point to that. IF one we like is there.

ZT said Adny is the perfect QB for what he wants to do. I doubt we go QB in the 1st. May draft one in the 4th to compete with Driskell for backup.

RE: Bengals respond to a fans complaint on signing Bobby Hart - fredtoast - 03-14-2019

I have seen the bengals be horribly wrong about players and I have seen fans be horribly wrong about players.

In this case only time will tell, but since he is an O-linemen I am sure a lot of fans who claim he is bad now will refuse to acknowledge if he does ever develop into a solid player. I remember when Andre Smith played very well for us there was still the group of fans who loved to make fun of him like he was still terrible.

Personally I think they overpaid for Hart, but if he player well I will be willing to admit I was wrong.

RE: Bengals respond to a fans complaint on signing Bobby Hart - THE PISTONS - 03-14-2019

Smith was never a great lineman, but he was certain above average to solid for a lot of years.

I think his physique and the issues he had at the combine are what turned a lot of people off...and holding out.

As for the other Tackles in the draft...I think Eugene Monroe was one. Smith was better. I think there was another one too that Smith turned out better than.

RE: Bengals respond to a fans complaint on signing Bobby Hart - McC - 03-14-2019

(03-14-2019, 01:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF we can sign Miller and upgrade at Guard...we might be able to get by with our line.

It just seems like the defensive talent that will almost certainly be available at 11 will be too much to pass on, even if it isn't a LB.

(03-14-2019, 01:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: ZT said Adny is the perfect QB for what he wants to do. I doubt we go QB in the 1st. May draft one in the 4th to compete with Driskell for backup.

Taylor isn't going to come in and be like 'We're going to draft a QB in the 1st Round. Andy is terrible.'

Dalton will be our QB this year. Next year is the big question.

I think IF Haskins is there, the Bengals would take him.

(03-14-2019, 01:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Taylor isn't going to come in and be like 'We're going to draft a QB in the 1st Round. Andy is terrible.'

Dalton will be our QB this year. Next year is the big question.

I think IF Haskins is there, the Bengals would take him.

There might be a slim chance he could be there.  Really comes down to Raiders, Giants, Broncos or a trade up.  Hard to believe he could be there but is he somehow was, it would be very hard to pass on him.

RE: Bengals respond to a fans complaint on signing Bobby Hart - grampahol - 03-14-2019

(03-14-2019, 01:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have seen the bengals be horribly wrong about players and I have seen fans be horribly wrong about players.

In this case only time will tell, but since he is an O-linemen I am sure a lot of fans who claim he is bad now will refuse to acknowledge if he does ever develop into a solid player.  I remember when Andre Smith played very well for us there was still the group of fans who loved to make fun of him like he was still terrible.

Personally I think they overpaid for Hart, but if he player well I will be willing to admit I was wrong.

Geeez Fred.. I'm agreeing with you more and more these days which only means I'm destined to become your sidekick pariah on this board.. 

Hart is still a young man. He's got some time to develop and get better. Whether he does or not is anyone's guess, but I doubt he'll be around long if he performs like Ogbuihi or even Fisher.. I'm REALLY hoping this coaching staff never says, "We see a great player in Cedric Ogbuihi and...[insert Hobsonesque tripe here].." 

RE: Bengals respond to a fans complaint on signing Bobby Hart - fredtoast - 03-14-2019

(03-14-2019, 01:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Smith was never a great lineman, but he was certain above average to solid for a lot of years.

Really?  You seem to put a lot of weight on PFF rankings, and in 2012 Smith was their #1 RT in the league.

RE: Bengals respond to a fans complaint on signing Bobby Hart - XenoMorph - 03-14-2019

(03-14-2019, 01:15 PM)McC Wrote: Maybe he will improve and it still doesn't mean a better RT can't be drafted.

doesn't mean a "potentially" better RT wont be drafted... His contract is easy to get out of next year.

of Course Drafting a Guy doesn't always equal Better Results...  See Fisher Andrews Obg.........

RE: Bengals respond to a fans complaint on signing Bobby Hart - Whodey614 - 03-14-2019

I think TJ Hockensen or Noah Fant is very possible at 11 considering there's been no news on Eifert. Maybe they're using Eifert's money to bring in Miller or Barrett. There'll be some gems at the WR position in the late rounds so I think the Bengals will take a chance on one at that point.

Can't see a scenario where Murray or Haskins is there at 11, but Will Grier could be a name to look out for in the second. I would hope that they don't reach for Daniel Jones at 11.

The only problem with this is that they'd likely be taking another 3rd round or later linebacker and banking on that pick to contribute, Malik Jefferson to prove he was benched for no reason last year, Burfict staying healthy and out of trouble and Brown staying healthy.

(03-14-2019, 01:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: doesn't mean a "potentially" better RT wont be drafted... His contract is easy to get out of next year.

of Course Drafting a Guy doesn't always equal Better Results...  See Fisher Andrews Obg.........

Right.  What I was saying, just better stated.

RE: Bengals respond to a fans complaint on signing Bobby Hart - jj22 - 03-14-2019

I'm not sold and I go back to my kid in store reference.

If any of us get a 6m raise for being one of the worst employees in our industry, what makes anyone think we'll improve? We've been rewarded. Standard set.

It's just human nature.

The Parent telling us in the store next time the kid won't throw a fit after he was given the candy he was throwing a fit for gets eye rolls from customers who watched it go down, and rightfully so.

Same here.

RE: Bengals respond to a fans complaint on signing Bobby Hart - grampahol - 03-14-2019

(03-14-2019, 01:36 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: I think TJ Hockensen or Noah Fant is very possible at 11 considering there's been no news on Eifert. Maybe they're using Eifert's money to bring in Miller or Barrett. There'll be some gems at the WR position in the late rounds so I think the Bengals will take a chance on one at that point.

Can't see a scenario where Murray or Haskins is there at 11, but Will Grier could be a name to look out for in the second. I would hope that they don't reach for Daniel Jones at 11.

The only problem with this is that they'd likely be taking another 3rd round or later linebacker and banking on that pick to contribute, Malik Jefferson to prove he was benched for no reason last year, Burfict staying healthy and out of trouble and Brown staying healthy.

Well that part is guaranteed already... Oh wait..No it isn't, but it sounded good anyway.. 

(03-14-2019, 01:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm not sold and I go back to my kid in store reference.

If any of us get a 6m raise for being one of the worst employees in our industry, what makes anyone think we'll improve? We've been rewarded. Standard set.

It's just human nature.

The Parent telling us in the store next time the kid won't throw a fit after he was given the candy he was throwing a fit for gets eye rolls from customers who watched it go down, and rightfully so.

Same here.

You don't really understand human nature if you try to compare the behavior of a child to an adult.  You don't see any adults sqealing and crying for candy in a store.

Guys who make it in the NFL are in it for more than the money.  They are among the most prideful and competitive people on earth. They are highly motivated to play well so they don't look bad.

RE: Bengals respond to a fans complaint on signing Bobby Hart - Okay - 03-14-2019

(03-14-2019, 01:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have seen the bengals be horribly wrong about players and I have seen fans be horribly wrong about players.

In this case only time will tell, but since he is an O-linemen I am sure a lot of fans who claim he is bad now will refuse to acknowledge if he does ever develop into a solid player.  I remember when Andre Smith played very well for us there was still the group of fans who loved to make fun of him like he was still terrible.

The fans will decide based on his PFF ratings

RE: Bengals respond to a fans complaint on signing Bobby Hart - XenoMorph - 03-14-2019

(03-14-2019, 01:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm not sold and I go back to my kid in store reference.

It's just human nature.

Same here.

Our contract with Hart is basically a 1 year deal with easy outs afterwards... So lets say he fails this season
2020 we move on.

But if he turns it around we got a RT on a decent deal and don't have to worry about him leaving next offseason

RE: Bengals respond to a fans complaint on signing Bobby Hart - Atomic Orange - 03-14-2019

I'm sure Hart was a big priority when the staff was hired and a lot of thought went into it. Sadly, great tackles don't grow on trees. But yeah, new coaches may produce new results. (Hue/Dalton analogy again)

And he is young.