Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Eifert returns - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Eifert returns (/Thread-Eifert-returns--19630)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Eifert returns - PikesPeakUC - 03-16-2019

One year deal per Ian Rapaport

RE: Eifert returns - jj22 - 03-16-2019

Taking a TE is out the running at 11.

Bengals just can't give up on Eifert. Interested to see the numbers.

RE: Eifert returns - phil413 - 03-16-2019

I'm not worried that it will be a very incentive-laden deal. I think a lot of us really like Tyler in a rooting for him he's just been snake bitten with injuries.

RE: Eifert returns - Luvnit2 - 03-16-2019

(03-16-2019, 02:25 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: One year deal per Ian Rapaport

I think based on or talent, he is worth the risk. Some hate me, but AJ is injury prone also last 2 years. So, if rolling the dice and paying AJ huge bucks, hopefully Eifert risk is  team friendly deal of 4 to 5 million with incentives.

RE: Eifert returns - NKURyan - 03-16-2019

Love it!

RE: Eifert returns - Schmitbuck - 03-16-2019

Good! Here's hoping he earns all the incentives!

RE: Eifert returns - TheLeonardLeap - 03-16-2019

The problem with continuing to bring Eifert back is that it prevents the Bengals from actually searching for a reliable #1 TE.

They keep hoping for Eifert to be healthy, he keeps getting hurt, and then the Bengals are stuck having backups like Kroft or Uzomah be shoved into the starting role.

Someone in between Eifert and Uzomah talent-wise for 14-16 games is better than 2 games of Eifert and 14 games of Uzomh.

RE: Eifert returns - Schmitbuck - 03-16-2019

(03-16-2019, 02:45 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: Hopefully, 3rd time's the charm.

TE depth is still an issue, however. I still expect us to draft a guy in round 3-4

Yep. I could see doubling up at TE, using a 6th as well. 

RE: Eifert returns - McC - 03-16-2019

(03-16-2019, 02:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The problem with continuing to bring Eifert back is that it prevents the Bengals from actually searching for a reliable #1 TE.

They keep hoping for Eifert to be healthy, he keeps getting hurt, and then the Bengals are stuck having backups like Kroft or Uzomah be shoved into the starting role.

Someone in between Eifert and Uzomah talent-wise for 14-16 games is better than 2 games of Eifert and 14 games of Uzomh.

I don't get the lack of appreciation for CJ.  He's shown to be very tough, reliable, with some run after catch ability and has gotten better each year.  He may not be Gronk but he is no slouch.

RE: Eifert returns - Bengalholic - 03-16-2019

'Excited to be signing back with the Bengals! Can’t thank the Brown family enough for giving me another opportunity. I look forward to a great season.' - Tyler Eifert

Here's to hoping he can stay healthy and be a very dangerous weapon this season!

RE: Eifert returns - impactplaya - 03-16-2019

we cant to continue to dwell on Eiferts injury last year.HES HEALTHY NOW.
its 2019 not 2018.
on any given play a player can be hurt. in fact all players play nicked up.
his impact on the offense is undeniable

RE: Eifert returns - Nately120 - 03-16-2019

(03-16-2019, 03:05 PM)impactplaya Wrote: we cant to continue to dwell on Eiferts injury last year.HES HEALTHY NOW.
its 2019 not 2018.

I'm ok with bringing him back, but the issue with him is that when he isn't "bad luck/freak injury" injured he is often "regular injured."  

So even if nothing on him get bent backwards or something crazy this year, his back might act up.

(03-16-2019, 03:01 PM)McC Wrote: I don't get the lack of appreciation for CJ.  He's shown to be very tough, reliable, with some run after catch ability and has gotten better each year.  He may not be Gronk but he is no slouch.

I agree, CJ has gotten better every year. This is a revolving league, you need 2 pass catching TE's and CJ blocking has improved so hopefully gtes better again.

I do think we one TE we do lack is in line great blocking TE, but capable receiver too that we can pair with 2 TE sets when trying to run the ball or go into maximum pass protect.

Some say no TE at #11, but if Bengals see a complete TE in this draft, I can see them drafting a TE since Eifert is only 1 year deal.

RE: Eifert returns - Yojimbo - 03-16-2019

[Image: 1*0NMxZRVhU6BmQwFetPnQDg.gif]

(03-16-2019, 03:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm ok with bringing him back, but the issue with him is that when he isn't "bad luck/freak injury" injured he is often "regular injured."  

So even if nothing on him get bent backwards or something crazy this year, his back might act up.

I get it, I have same concerns with AJ and toe injury. Gronk had major back issues in college and he worked out. 

I like it if the contract is team friendly to reduce the risk, heck I like it regardless because Eifert should have used up his injury bad luck now....LOL

RE: Eifert returns - Bengalholic - 03-16-2019

(03-16-2019, 03:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm ok with bringing him back, but the issue with him is that when he isn't "bad luck/freak injury" injured he is often "regular injured."  

The unfortunate reality for Tyler and the Bengals - due to a variety of injuries - is that he's only been able to play in 35% of his games since his rookie season. Hopefully, he can stay on the field this year and do what he does best when healthy...which is making big plays and having an impact on the entire offense.

RE: Eifert returns - GreenCornBengal - 03-16-2019

Fully on board with Eifert. We are a top 10 offense when he is in there. The Eifert injruy derailed last years offense, no question.

Here is to hoping he can stay healthy!!

RE: Eifert returns - McC - 03-16-2019

(03-16-2019, 03:05 PM)impactplaya Wrote: we cant to continue to dwell on Eiferts injury last year.HES HEALTHY NOW.
its 2019 not 2018.

Absolutely. 

The good thing is there is no way in hell the entire offense will be built around him so everything he brings will be a bonus.

RE: Eifert returns - Nately120 - 03-16-2019

(03-16-2019, 03:16 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Fully on board with Eifert. We are a top 10 offense when he is in there. The Eifert injruy derailed last years offense, no question.

Here is to hoping he can stay healthy!!

That's quite a telling sign when our offense is so heavily dependent upon a guy who misses 2 games out of every 3.

Do other teams build around players like this?

(03-16-2019, 03:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The unfortunate reality for Tyler and the Bengals - due to a variety of injuries - is that he's only been able to play in 35% of his games since his rookie season. Hopefully, he can stay on the field this year and do what he does best when healthy...which is making big plays and having an impact on the entire offense.

True about career injuries. He is like AJ, he causes match up issues so teams have to game plan for him, but like Eifert, last year AJ missed almost 50% of the games so no game planning for guys on the sidelines.

In Eifert's case, maybe he caught a break and his back issue got a much needed year to recover. Tyler has had more recovery time this time around so hopefully his fitness and strength will be best he has been in a long time.