Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Eifert returns - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Eifert returns (/Thread-Eifert-returns--19630)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Eifert returns - Bengalitis - 03-16-2019

(03-16-2019, 03:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's quite a telling sign when our offense is so heavily dependent upon a guy who misses 2 games out of every 3.

Do other teams build around players like this?

The Bengals are like a domestic violence victim. "But when he can play, he is really good. Let's go back to him, just can't move on".

That said, I hope he has his best season ever and most important, stays healthy. In fact, I hope he catches the winning TD in the Superbowl with 00:05 seconds left. :andy: 

RE: Eifert returns - Nately120 - 03-16-2019

(03-16-2019, 06:12 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: The Bengals are like a domestic violence victim. "But when he can play, he is really good. Let's go back to him, just can't move on".

That said, I hope he has his best season ever and most important, stays healthy. In fact, I hope he catches the winning TD in the Superbowl with 00:05 seconds left. :andy: 

If you are going to dream, dream big.  I hope he catches our 11th TD in the SB.  We win 77-0.

RE: Eifert returns - ezekiel23 - 03-16-2019

Eifert deserves this.He worked his butt off last year and got back to his old self in my opinion,and then the freak accident happened.I’m glad he’s back.

RE: Eifert returns - TKUHL - 03-16-2019

I like the move. He's a top 5 TE when healthy and was hoping he would be back to see how he gels under the new coaching staff. But with that said I also hope this FO is going into the draft as if we only have 1 TE and taking one of the Iowa TE's in the first is still on the table. Eifert is just a wishful signing and obviously not a player we can depend on at all.

RE: Eifert returns - psychdoctor - 03-16-2019

I am rooting for Eifert and think he is a quality person. But I do not count him on the roster. I still think the team should draft a TE early in the draft and two backers. With that said, if I were the Bengals, I would use Eifert primarily near the Red Zone. This way it would decrease the risk of injuries and keep him on the field.

I think Eifert needs to complete a full season without major injury for his psyche. Bengals can help him achieve this goal if they manage him correctly and draft another stud TE.

RE: Eifert returns - Older Than You Too - 03-16-2019

Welcome back Mr. Glass.

RE: Eifert returns - JWW1971 - 03-16-2019

I hope he stays healthy, He is a great player when on the field and opens up our whole Offence.
I still think we will draft a TE but with this we might not until the 4th or 5th round

RE: Eifert returns - CJD - 03-16-2019

I'm happy to see him return. Curious what he made.

RE: Eifert returns - BengalChris - 03-16-2019

(03-16-2019, 02:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: Taking a TE is out the running at 11.

Bengals just can't give up on Eifert. Interested to see the numbers.

I don't think we can rule out TE at 11. Eifert is not the TE of the future for the Bengals, he's the vet who's on the back side of his career loaded with injuries.

The right TE could be appealing at 11. But I think a fast cover LB is a higher priority.

I am happy that he's back in the fold though.

RE: Eifert returns - THE PISTONS - 03-16-2019

(03-16-2019, 05:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: ^That, right there is what makes this signing so important.  The guy is so dangerous, that teams have to plan around him, weather he's getting a lot of action, or just acting as a decoy.

Personally, I'm happy they were able to reach a deal.  Even though he's often injured, he's tough as nails.  Many weaker individuals would have simply retired by now, and just gave up the competitive fight.  He definitely has my respect.

I feel like we had to do it too. We didn't considerably upgrade the line so we need weapons that defenses will have to focus on so they can't just blitz us like crazy.

That said...He's played over 8 games in 2 out of 6 seasons. Chances are he won't play more than 8 games this year...but we can hope. It's like a lottery ticket.

(03-16-2019, 06:12 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: The Bengals are like a domestic violence victim. "But when he can play, he is really good. Let's go back to him, just can't move on".

We paint ourselves into corners where we have to take risks. Atleast it isn't a character risk.

(03-16-2019, 07:32 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm happy to see him return. Curious what he made.

I'd guess $6 or $7 million a year.

RE: Eifert returns - jason - 03-16-2019

(03-16-2019, 08:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like we had to do it too. We didn't considerably upgrade the line so we need weapons that defenses will have to focus on so they can't just blitz us like crazy.

That said...He's played over 8 games in 2 out of 6 seasons. Chances are he won't play more than 8 games this year...but we can hope. It's like a lottery ticket.

They should only play him on 3rd down, and in the red zone.

(03-16-2019, 08:05 PM)jason Wrote: They should only play him on 3rd down, and in the red zone.

So I agree. I'd like to see them use him 10-15 plays a game for the 1st half of the season. Then as the year goes on expand his use to try to get him through the season.

I still think we need to draft a TE...just maybe not in the 2nd or 3rd Round.

RE: Eifert returns - Schmitbuck - 03-16-2019

(03-16-2019, 08:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd guess $6 or $7 million a year.

You're hopefully close. Last year with incentives he could have earned up to $8.5M. I think I read that he ended up 'only' getting $5.5M of that. 

RE: Eifert returns - Circleville Guy - 03-16-2019

Is this guy due for Lady Luck to shine on him or what? He seems like a good guy and what sucks is that he had HOF talent too.

RE: Eifert returns - Destro - 03-16-2019

Likely our best off season signing, and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

RE: Eifert returns - SunsetBengal - 03-16-2019

(03-16-2019, 03:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's quite a telling sign when our offense is so heavily dependent upon a guy who misses 2 games out of every 3.

Do other teams build around players like this?

Actually, Eifert has played in 43 out of 96 games in his career.  Though not optimal, is 44.8%.  Despite all of the injuries, the Bengals are clearly a different team when he is in the lineup.

RE: Eifert returns - Okeana - 03-16-2019

I just hope the numbers are good. Eifert is a game changer and I feel bad every time he gets injured. He really needs to drink tons of milk

(03-16-2019, 08:49 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Is this guy due for Lady Luck to shine on him or what? He seems like a good guy and what sucks is that he had HOF talent too.

Shocking stat: He's had over 445 receiving yards exactly ONCE in his 6 year career.

He's caught over 39 passes exactly ONCE too.